Shake Shack

• Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Fun job

Lots of opportunities to advance from within the company. Only downside is the low starting pay for team members. Overall its one of the best restaurants i have worked for

Pros

Career opportunity

Cons

Low pay

Be prepared

Working here was beyond stressful, long nights even longer hours. Had no time for myself or my own life. Once I was skilled in everything they took advantage of that and overworked. When I was there the environment was full of favoritism, and filled with work drama.

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Environment

Was really great place at first

Everything was cool and fine for the first two months then they had new managers come in and everything went south. Making food was easy especially the custard overall ok starter job.

Pros

Discounted lunch

Unorganized workplace

The job suck management lazy pick and choose Favoritism not a good place to work the employees are lazy help who they want to help work when they want to work

Great coworkers

The pay was good but it gets super intense when it gets busy, i worked at a mall. Coworkers is what kept me going!! Management was great & super understanding.

Pros

Fun workplace

Cons

Super fast paced

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

NIce pay but not enough hours

The job is very energizing and always keeps you moving, as well as paying you $15 an hour weekly. But they hire new people almost every week and constantly cut hours. Some managers are understanding while others only care about what they do for the restaurant.

Pros

60% off

Cool

Very nice good great day and a great time shake customers lit fam yee get it boi .I liked my job. Good pay. Good schedule. Good stuff guy like go work there

A place to stay stagnant in your career.

Management is stuck doing things their own way without much accountability. Inadequate systems leads to frustration in doing your job. High turnover in the finance group.

When you have a good management team it’s fun

If you have a good management team it’s fun to work. Good pay. And flexible hours. This is a easy job as long as you follow the rules and standards…..

Decent place to work with a very clear cut path for future growth opportunities

I've worked multiple stations at Shake Shack and each are just a small part of a larger "machine" so to speak. Each role has their own purpose and gets all the gears turning. Depending on your personality, you will want to choose wisely which station you go into. Myself being a very people oriented person, chose to do front of house and cash. That is where you'll get the most interaction with guests. If you prefer to keep to yourself and get through the work day while chatting with other coworkers in your area, then most of the other stations will be fine for you. Overall, it's a good company to work for and management will do what they can to help you succeed. In my experience they were also very accommodating when it came to scheduling. Just be honest with them and let them know your deal.

Pros

60% discount on food which is amazing

Cons

Pay could be better

Fun place to work.

Job was fun. They do treat pregnant women like dogs. There's a lot of room for advancement. Anytime that you learn a new station you get an increase in pay.

fun

team members are nice and managment is always trying to be helpful as they can. fun but stressful work environment but if you can handle that its an easy job.

Decent environment, dirty workplace and bad managers that lie

I suggest you do not work unless you want to get lied to and be understaffed while the mangers are in the back taking while we are busy. Some of the people are cool but I feel the managers are 2 faced. short breaks and only 60%off as a publicly traded company. The food is definitely unsanitary

Pros

Food

Literally the worst

The worst place I have ever worked at. The managers don't know how to do anything, are constantly goofing off and give way too much attitude. You can't go to the bathroom if there's nobody to cover you. They don't let you go home if you don't feel well. They just send you on break and say get a drink. They don't watch your station for you if you're busy doing something else. They literally don't do anything besides complain

Good place to work at

This is a very good job. Good pay and hours for employees and very courteous staff. They help to understand the menu items, help to understand how to have manners and patience with the customers. Requested time off is recognized and honored in accordance to when they are put in.

Pros

Reasonable pay, 60% off meals, make you own schedules

Cons

No cons

Busy Environment and Great People

I worked at a seasonal location and most of my coworkers continued coming back every year because working at Shake Shack was so fun. The work itself can be very repetitive, but the people were great and the days went by quickly.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

very busy and hot behind the grill

Fun workplace bad management

Team members are good . Management needs work . Upper management picks favorites . So people are rarely held accountable for their actions until HR steps in .

It was okay

Very busy place you have to me quick on your deft very demanding management is okay when they want to be guest are always crazy for food but other that that yeah it’s ok

The company was great before it went public.

I've been at Shake Shack for over a decade so I have seen its good bad and ugly. Before going public this was the best place to work. Excellent benefits and great people. But once we sold our souls to the big wigs it was all about profits profits profits. And our 1st tenant of taking care of each other went out the door. You have to get really far into corporate in order to reap excellent benefits but if you're on the front lines it's not worth it. My team has been quitting left and right and it's because the pay is no good and the hours are trash. Sometimes it's very unfair to work here and only the people make it excellent.

Pros

Room for growth

Cons

Low pay

You will always work

You learn a lot and they set you out on a good path in life but they will over work you till you can’t anymore. They have good benefits and perks but once they know you are a good employee they take advantage.

It’s a burger place so not that good

The management sucked but the pay was decent otherwise the people also suck there too. I got in trouble due to how their new manager reacted, was a big reason I left

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shake Shack. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight