Shake Shack
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Shake Shack:

Shake Shack Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA11 reviews
Ok to work
Love to meet different people every day, connect dots, fun environment is good to enjoy the job even more, always teaching and always learning and grow together as a team.
Stressful but not scummy.
Shake shack is often packed and hectic. The hours can get long and it can show that the workers get stressed out in the environment. That being said, the pay is fair, the discounts are fair, you will never be laid off for no reason, there Is ample opportunity for raises and advancement, and this opinion may vary, but I for one liked the managers. The company is very fair to both employees and customers. It's just very stressful, and always understaffed.
Great
Loved working here great team. One of my favorite jobs. The growth in the company is excellent. I would recommend anyone to this job. Great pay and benefits.
productive and very busy work place
i believe the hardest part of the job is working with people that aren't as much of a team player that you may be. I feel as though as long as you are thee to do your job that's all that matters
New restaurant
I started the job with opening a new restaurant and there were problems in the beginning. The food orders were behind, the online staff schedule program didn't work, and there were other problems with the opening.
Pros
Great Custard
Cons
I didn't like most of the cooked food.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Not worth your time
This job is not for someone who has adult bills. They hire you as full time but you barely get 20-25 hours. Management sucks, everyone wants to be a boss no one wants to be a leader.
Great Company, Culture, & CEO - Lacking Upper Management
Fast-paced fine casual dining driven by focusing on Hospitality vs. Service. Great Brand & Culture representing ‘Standing For Something Good’. Mostly a fun/positive work-environment which is Team-Oriented. Upper Management lacks with the basic standards preached by the company, dictating rather than leading, and by managing with fear by being ‘cut-throat’.
Pros
Health Benefits, Culture, Team Oriented, Ceo
Cons
Long Hours, Salary Managers Overworked & Underpaid
it was an experience
I felt at Shake Shack I was forced to quit because no one ever wanted to switch hours or days with me due to my childcare and it forced me to choose full time parenting.
Pros
location
Cons
no team work
fun place to work
Shack Shack was cool, it really wasn't the best kitchen to learn great cooking skills but the sanitation helps with future kitchen jobs. The opportunity for advancement is also a great benefit they offer which you can travel and really become apart of there culture.
Pros
grow with the company
Cons
no Free lunch
Hospitality based, fun, fast paced wrkplace
I loved working here. Everyday was different , job responsibilities changed daily and it made for a great opportunity to gain new skill and become a flexible worker.
Pros
60% off
Cons
Very high volume hours
Management is friendly (mostly) and it is an overall great work environment. It is very fast-paced at times when the restaurant is busy which can be stressful but not too bad.