Shake Shack Employee Reviews in Brooklyn, NY

ok
Cashier/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 30, 2019
Working there was good experience for me. It helped me become a better people person. I enjoyed the food. And the staff.The store was nice and clean.Good time
Pros
discount
Cons
fast pace
Workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 20, 2019
Very fast paced and they don’t really care too much about their employees based on my experience which is why I didnt work there long. Managers were a bit unprofessional
Wasnt really a good working management
Cross trained (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 10, 2019
It's to confusing to put into words
They are to up tight they dont know how to relax
They communication was lacking very much
They also threaten you with C.A.F if you didn't comply with them kinda like strong arming you they just need alot of work
The pay is good but it's not worth what they put you through
It’s a great place to work
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 17, 2019
It’s a great first time job for young people starting out!! They work like everyone is family and they treat their brand and customers with love and respect!!!
Benefits
Good environment, career opportunities
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 19, 2018
It was a good environment and family oriented. There were meetings every day before and after work. It was definitely a place to grow and to travel to work at different locations was the norm.
fast paced workplace
Line Cook/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 8, 2018
The employees work well together and have develop friendships in the work area. The managers need to be in the kitchen working with the employees when the lunch rush becomes too hectic. Also the employees should have a fixed amount of money they can use to get lunch instead of a little discount.
Best job i ever had
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 28, 2018
They make you feel so comfortable while working . Whether its something about the job or something personal the management team makes it easy to talk to them about anything . Our co workers are great team members , we always have fun at work . Very positive environment.
Cons
Well it’s very productive and you’re allowed to work on your own pace. It’s a fun working with the team there
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 21, 2018
No tips are given. No paid extra hours, you’re limited with the number of hours to work with. Though the management are very friendly and sociable, when it comes to business, they mean business. Hospitality and punctuality is their hallmark.
Pros
There’s no free lunches but you’re given a discount of 60% off the food they sell.
Cons
Breaks are given with a maximum of 30minutes
Very productive and learning experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 5, 2018
It’s a very wonderful place to work at the place and food is good and the customers are amazing they make my day by coming in and ordering and just learning
good job for time being
Cross Trainer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 26, 2018
you can advance if you work hard. fired if late multiple times, 60% employee discount. Fast paced management inst always knowledgeable. says they're flexible with schedule but prioritize store over personal life.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
management
What you learned
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 9, 2018
I learned to be very mindful of my surrounding and respect others during my daily interaction. I would refer any of my family members to dine at Shack Shack because the employee makes it a great experience
Pros
Food is great
Shake Shack
guest service representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 12, 2018
Shake Shack was an interesting company to be a part of. The fast paced work environment coupled with the recurring specifications to maintain while on the job -including pre-stocking and re-stocking the work station, responding to guest request and maintaining company standards- helped prepare me for advancement in my endeavors thereafter.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
minotonous work over time
Friendly coworkers, delicious food, but management needs some work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  downtown brooklynFebruary 26, 2018
At first, I really enjoyed my time there. They started me out on the beverage station, making drinks. I really liked working there. But then they put me on custard. In my opinion, its one of the busiest stations they have. Some days on custard were okay, not too busy, but it started to get busier and I began to struggle with the workload. I continued to struggle with it which is essentially why I was let go after 3 months. I was told it was because the managers thought I couldn't handle the workload once it got busier in the summer. In my personal opinion, once they hire people, I don't believe they give people enough of a chance. They're expectations are too high, their standards too narrow, workload too heavy depending on the location, but mine was quite busy. Another important thing I feel I should mention is once they hire someone, they give them a couple of weeks at the most before they decide to keep them or fire them. I've seen quite a few people come and go during my time there, which was only three months. The managers don't seem to value the employees the way they should. Me personally, I felt unappreciated and overworked. There are much better food establishments to work at. If that's the line of work you're interested in, then look for a different place to work, one with better management because, in the end that's what could make or break a place.
Pros
employee discount, friendly coworkers
Cons
fast paced, expectations way too high
Great Place
CROSS TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 4, 2018
I'll most likely work at shake shack all through law school and up until i get my license to practice law. Even then i love the atmosphere in the shack so i may work once a month for the fun of it if they let me.
Good place to work at
Hospitality Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 12, 2017
Excellent environment , great team, great pay. It is a fast paced working environment but as time go on you will get use to it and know how to work accordingly.
Great job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 6, 2017
It’s jut really fast paced when there’s events and rush hour and they don’t tolerate slack so you have to actually get up to speed. If you don’t learn fast this is probably not the job for you because whennthings gets busy nobody can help you because it gets chaotic
Pros
60% off your lunch
Cons
Short breaks for long hours
Fast Pace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 28, 2017
\ the job is super fast paced
if you don't like to get burn don't work here im serious
its fun tho if youre on the shift with fun people
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 31, 2017
They absolutely always encourage their employees to get their certifications so that they can move them up the work ladder. There are always hours given, and they have a fast and easy scheduling app that makes getting shifts, switching shifts and picking up swifts very easy. Great place to work! Great pay!
Pros
huge discount, great pay, great hours, open door for promotion
Its a productive & fun work place
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 25, 2017
A typical day at work is tiring but i learned how to make food. This workplace culture is multicultural. The hardest part of the job was picking up heavy trash bags & the most enjoyal part of this job was working with the employes.
Very Fast Paced
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 29, 2016
Working at fast food is very fun. this job was very fast paced especially during events such as basketball games, concerts, and any other event that went on at the barclays center. The team is amazing everyone is really great. working together is very important in a job like this. must be people oriented.
Pros
Pay, Scheduling, Other team members
Cons
Managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shake Shack. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Shake Shack.

Powered by Comparably