Shake Shack Employee Reviews in Chestnut Hill, MA

Locations
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MADecember 12, 2018
Everything depends on which location you work at. Some teams get distracted, others work hard, Management, same deal. Some of them work hard, others just sit around/ Culture also depends on location. The hardest part would be the busy and understaffed days, enjoyable sometimes
A calm environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAOctober 25, 2018
On a typical work day it would be nice to see positive energy and no mistakes. I worked on cash register so i was the first face to be seen. I always kept a positive attitude.
Productive, fun place with amazing food
Restaurant Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAJuly 19, 2018
i learned to be active working , i learned multitasking and organization skills, working there felt like a work out cause your constantly moving around
Pros
felixible, weekly pay
Cons
negativity and lack of kindness in the enviorment
Fun
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAFebruary 27, 2018
It was a fun job. I love the fact that there are different stations to work. I like to switch it up. They have room to grow as well which is always a plus.
Its decent if you enjoy fast paced work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MADecember 5, 2017
Cross trainers dont train, other team members are snobby, often sneaking away to take longer breaks or walking off stations to talk, go out to get high, or hide in the walk-in. The best part of the job was being able to sign off stations, the worst was deffinately the coworkers. Management were pretty laid back. Didnt always do much unless they were really needed but they did decent with scheduling, Breaks were basically first come, first serve-whoever called a time first. Coworkers were snobby, loud, know-it-alls who didnt know it all AT ALL. Very few were signed off on stations and actually knew what they were doing. Others didnt really care.
Pros
Discount on food.
Cons
Coworkers. Clocking out BEFORE getting lunch and having to wait 5 years for the food.
Pays well but over alll
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAOctober 3, 2017
Starting off working there was fun and all but once I started to get to know the managers better I notice that they pick and choose who they want to tell what to do they pick favorite. instead of having everyone do something they make the new people who only know so much about the job do the most and while other employees just sit in the office chillling mean while the kitchen has a 20+ min wait time
Pros
Payed very well
Cons
Very unprofessional, treated certain employees better than others, some days we couldn't have breaks
Quick and Efficient
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAAugust 28, 2017
Shake Shack is a really fast paced work environment. I loved working there simply because of the support of the team inside and outside of work. The time there was really fun although hectic. Overall I enjoyed working there. I just feel like I was at a stand still with the company, when I feel like I was there long enough to start moving up in the business.
Pros
Great team members, supportive, talented
Cons
Employees wasn't advancing in the field
Fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAAugust 2, 2017
Shake shack was a very fast paste job I liked it it also helped me to learn new skills like preparing food taking orders serving & interacting with others.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Short breaks
Exciting Environment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAApril 25, 2017
My coworkers were nice and helped me during tough situations. During rush hour times, where we were pushed to our limits and we prevailed. Sometimes things got hectic especially when we were understaffed but we got through it.
Love hate Relationship
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAApril 19, 2017
I loved my pay checks at shakeshack, I was making 12 and hour and getting paid weekly. I would also make over time a lot since they always need people. It is a good jo if you like fast money and you like to do the same thing everudy. The resturant is ran in an assembly line syle so if yu like to be in one spot all day just doing the same thing over and over this is the palce for you.
Pros
good pay, 40% off the menu
Fun work place
Host (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MANovember 8, 2016
The work was easy, they gave me good hours and we got paid weekly. I worked as a host and expo and I also worked at the custard station.
It is a productive and strong work place
Team Member (Hospitality) (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAJune 9, 2015
This is very fast paced, and can be busy all day. They are currently and they are always hiring. It still amazes me to see the line out the door and around the corner. The management is cool but at times can be really annoying. The most enjoyable part of the job is the team work.
Pros
The environment, team member are like a family
Cons
The management
interesting
Line Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAJanuary 23, 2015
I loved the food, the guests were really nice they always complemented the food and the service they received. Most of my co-workers came ready to work everyday and worked hard
cooperative co-workers
Broker (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAJanuary 1, 2015
Enjoyed working at the shack, and meeting new people, and most of making the friends i made; however i was not to found of the management and how they operated behind closed doors.
Pros
making new friends and meeting new people
Cons
Not always feeling comfortable in the working environment