Shake Shack Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

I definitely don't recommend working at this particular shake shack
Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 7, 2019
This Shake Shack in the Galleria in Houston is a disgusting, hostile, work environment and almost all the managers are condescending and constantly gaslight and retaliate against employees. It's toxic and these people are so gross and actually bully you. It's unprofessional, unreliable, rude, and difficult to work with. The pay is also garbage. This team is bad and none of the employees know how to pull their own weight. Most can be seen standing around and talking to eachother/ on their phones after close. Intense favoritism by fake managers. All managers are unprofessional, will lie/makeup lies about employees, and have no idea what they're doing in any way. That whole shack needs to be fired and new people hired. Horrible! DON'T WORK HERE EVER.
Pros
Free food up to $11
Cons
Expensive food, low pay, hostile environment, poor management, management bullies staff, staff bullies eachother
Typical Shake Shack
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 1, 2019
It really is fun to work there if the managers are doing their jobs properly. But I almost lost myself working there I would literally wake up crying!
Pros
Great pay and you meet friends
Cons
Managers do not do their jobs properly and they have favorites
Interesting job
N/A (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 24, 2019
A day at work includes working many different stations. Sometimes it will be only four people in the kitchen with you working an entire side by yourself while your managers are in the office. Most days during the period between holidays are very slow at my location. Other locations i've heard are constantly busy.
When you work here you have to learn every station but, over a period of time. They do expect you to have one station perfected in a month or you are supposed to be terminated or so i have heard. But most people are good at learning a station quickly, it's not difficult but it is a lot to take in.
At this location the workplace is toxic. We are supposed to be supportive and helpful of one another but most times you get an attitude and an unwillingness to help. People here act like teenagers(some are actually teens) but most are full grown adults with children and they act like they are still in high school even the managers with the exception of one manager.
Management here is terrible. A certain manager will treat specific team members better then others. If you are a certain type of person they will take advantage of you. Most of the time they will make fun of you or find some way or another. One manager is the most unprofessional manager there. In fact the entire management team is mostly disorganized. They all talk about communication is key but most often then not, they are not on the same page. The managers do things differently then what the head manager expects which results in team members getting in trouble when it isn't their fault. Its ridiculous.
The
  more... hardest part of the job isn't the guests it's dealing with lack of communication, constantly being made to do one thing then turn around in the middle stop what you are doing and do another because the manager is indecisive and loves to make your job difficult . (i'm not joking)
The job is enjoyable at first but after a few weeks but it's very demanding.
Pros
Free food up to 11.00 and after you still get a 60% discount, flexible hours, chances to move up
Cons
unprofessional management, toxic environment, everyone and i mean EVERYONE speaks about unprofessional things on the daily, most team members cut corners, demanding work environment
Fun work area and very fast paced.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2019
Very friendly and motivated environment. Had alot of coworkers that made my day go by good. The hours arent a lot at all and 10 dollars an hour doesn't support a family.
Pros
50% off foods, managers tried to help you as much as possible.
Cons
Shift managers make it impossible to work in that fast paced environment.
Pays some of the bills
CROSS Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 28, 2018
Good for what it is, great first job. Not something you'd want to get sucked into. Management is often a problem. Overall good place if you haven't got too many expenses if you're supporting a family you will need a second job to make ends meet
very enjoyable job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 13, 2017
Depending on what day of the week it is the shack is the first shake shack in Houston and on the weekdays its pretty calm. During the weekend its pretty busy and at times it can get pretty crazy but our amazing managers are there to back us up. The work place is pretty diverse which I really enjoy sharing stories and our cultures with each others. The hardest part of the job is the days it gets really busy but at the end our managers help us get it done. I really enjoy working there because I forget my personal life and just enjoy myself and be myself.
Pros
good coworkers, great managers.
Cons
very little hours