Shake Shack Employee Reviews in Paramus, NJ

fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJune 24, 2019
They take the time to train you thoroughly, it is a very high level of energy, it is a fun and interesting work environment, they will compliment your hard work
A very fun and supportive atmosphere with great company culture
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJApril 10, 2019
The people at Shake Shack make you feel at home. It’s like one big extended family that is there for you when you fall and right behind you, pushing you to be the best you can be.

The opportunity for growth is huge. All it takes is to show that you have what it takes and, more importantly, that you want to move up.

The managers are down to earth and very friendly, without losing their professionalism. They are worth looking up to and are always there to help anyone in need.
Pros
Benefits, great atmosphere, flexible scheduling, chance to grow
Its a fun work place for me, must of my co-workers are real down to earth people.
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJNovember 15, 2018
Working at Shaks Shack is a very good step for a person that looking to do better thing in their life, I think for me right now i need something thats alittle more stable and more compensating. I think that shake shack policy for making more money should be based on your work ethic and not just testing to be a trainer.
Pros
They reconize you for your hard work
Cons
Being a hard worker wont get you more money unless you pass test to become a trainer, but to me that dont make you a hard worker in all cases.
A lot of hours
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJAugust 6, 2018
Very face paced job with many hours worked. It was hard to have a work life balance with school and Shake Shack. Like the pay which was competitive and reasonable.
Pros
A lot of hours
Cons
School was priority
Worker (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJune 27, 2018
Working at Shake Shack was a great experience. Everything is always clean, the food is amazing and everything is well taken care of. The mangers were always kind to me as well.
very quick paced and can be stressful if you do jot take your time. the moto is to work smarter not harder , quality over quantity
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJJune 16, 2018
shack shake is a very enjoyable place. most of the time employees and managers are friendly and understanding if something ever goes wrong. they always assure to make you and the guests comfortable
Pros
60% off food breaks, breaks are 30 minutes and understanding employees
Cons
stressful environment
Be ready to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJMay 22, 2018
I was a part- time employee working 39.999 hours a week. I was still in school and under 18. Legally, i am not allowed to work past 11pm on weekdays but that did not matter to them. The are not flexible with their hours AT ALL. On the weekends i would be working 10 hour shift. All i did was work. It was a rare treat to have a Friday or Saturday off.
Pros
great pay
Cons
poor management, strict/ long hours
Great Place to work!!
Cross Trainer (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJFebruary 15, 2018
Shake Shack is an amazing job to have! I don’t know if many casual dining spots where your CEO casually walks in to hang with you guys just because. Or allows you to travel overseas to open new locations and within the states too. I’ve travelled to several different states for Shake Shack and made ALOT of money that I wouldn’t have at my home store . There are some things that should be tweaked within the company but overall great job to have, very little complaints.
Pros
The culture, traveling incentives
Cons
Short breaks, long shifts
great
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJanuary 10, 2018
fast paced, held personal accountability reliable and good room for advancement open leadership and fun atmosphere with great co-workers and flexible schedule
Very fast paced and high pressured
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJDecember 26, 2017
While at times it was a fun environment to work at, this overall was extremely high stress. You are forced to work at least 6-7 hours at a time, with only a half hour break.
fun fast paced environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJDecember 8, 2017
this was a great second job. The location i worked at was in a great place and it was very fun. I wouldn't regiment if you can't handle fast environments but if you can this would be a great job for you
Pros
60% off break food
They don't practice what they preach.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJuly 14, 2017
They don't practice what they preach. They don't care about the team or each other. It is everyone for themselves, only thought is the bonus. Ooooboy.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
The Management Staff are less than professional at the Particular Shack
Bad
Front dinning room (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJMay 2, 2017
I thoutht it was a fine place to work until they would.ent let me go when i was sick without a long talk first.Then i am not able to work nights i asked niceley but to nothing
work retreat
Manager (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 26, 2016
We had a work retreat a few weeks back that was full of fun and knowledge that can be instilled into their employees. It was a great experience. Networking with people worldwide was great.
Pros
in the poconos
Cons
too short of a retreat
Good working environment.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJApril 26, 2016
The food, the atmosphere, and the staff is what makes Shake Shack a great place to work. They have wonderful employee benefits and they really look out for their employees.
Amazing place to work
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJDecember 8, 2014
As far as Quick service restaurants go this is the pick of the lot. It is fast paced, but full of fun, stations are easy to learn and team members are always willing to help. Managers are super fun and willing to lend an ear. During rushes communication is key to keeping guests happy and waiting to a minimum and "Shack phrases" help to make this easier. HEARD!