Shake Shack Employee Reviews for Team Member

this job sucks
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 9, 2019
this job suck they over work you period .Its hot the GM sucks people are rude. They don't Ley you get overtime but they do give you hours if you want them.
McDonalds Military School
Team Member (Former Employee) –  86stJuly 6, 2019
Constantly I was reminded that I could be fired at any point not because of my work ethic but because the manager wanted to over staff his kitchen and fire who ever he felt wasnt doing enough.
productive work space
Team Member (Former Employee) –  366 colombus ave, new york,nyJuly 6, 2019
located in upper west side by the museum of natural history . alot of tourist walk in . definitely requires patience and the ability to work under pressure
A Fun Place to Work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJuly 2, 2019
Shake Shack is a fun place to learn about how to work in a casual dining food setting. There is often a lot of work involved such as cleaning, washing, attending guests, and making sure food is prepared properly. This enables me to understand the importance of how to be organized and systematic.
Pros
60% discount off of meals
Cons
Not everyone is as committed to the job as they should be
fun but busy workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 2, 2019
Shake shack is a fun but very busy place to work. You can not move slow there. I enjoyed the work environment but ti's not for everyone. You just have to be a fast learner and not be lazy.
Great place
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 29, 2019
This is a great place to work. All of the employees are really nice and welcoming. Sometimes the managers can have bad days but overall they are just like the regular employees. They do not act like managers( in a good way)
Best first job I ever had
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJune 25, 2019
Shake Shack prepared me to work in a fast pace environment and be very hospitable. The job was sometimes demanding and I felt very annoyed since I was very young but I look back now and realize it was one of the best jobs I ever had.
Pros
Good money, flexible hours
Cons
can’t think of any
The Worst place to work .
Team Member (Former Employee) –  170 Flatbush Ave, New YorkJune 16, 2019
Working at shake shack was good at first until managers showed their true colors they are very unprofessional. An they don’t care about their employees well being even if your sick really bad an u have paid time off they will keep pushing you to come in to work an use that to threaten your position at the job
productive , fun place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 15, 2019
Shake shack is a fun place to work . You also meet a lot of people from the kitchen to the hundreds of customers that come in everyday. You can work on cold side , hot side , back of the house ( dishes ) , front of the house ( guest ) , or cash register .
Shack OG
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 3, 2019
I’ve been at Shake Shack in Seattle since we opened in September 2018 so I am considered an OG of the shack but to make a long story short Everything is alright besides management and Pay raises ... since I’ve been here for 9 months busting my butt it would be amazing to get a 50 cent raise and get acknowledged when I’m doing hard work , it’s like our mangers want us to pull shifts but there’s no respect shown from the mangers either that’s why we are also short staffed we went from 70 people in September to less than 29 crew
Pros
Good crew members only 60% food discount
Cons
No more free meals, Lack of crew members, no respect from management, no pay raises, Schedule confusion
Horrible Management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Del Mar, CAMay 29, 2019
I worked at the Del Mar location for about 3 months and I am in the most bit surprised of how horrible Shake Shack is to work at. The managers tell you to do anything they want, even dirty work for other people there, and then sit in the office on their laptop all day long. The hours in the beginning were super good, since the restaurant had just opened, but then after about a month they cut everybody’s hours to 3 hour shifts per day. The managers have no idea how to run a restaurant and constantly lagged and messed up paychecks and schedules, taking all the way up until the day before to put a schedule out and having no exceptions for plans already made. Not to mention that they played favorites to whoever kissed their butt the most.
Pros
Discounts, Coworkers
Cons
Poor management, Labor intensive, Horrible scheduling.
Fun Place to work at
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 22, 2019
Had really great experience with the management. They really care for their employees. Will work with your schedule and needs. Great opportunities to learn and be better.
Pros
Food discounts, good pay
vder productive and competive place
Team Member (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2019
I enjoy working here but its very intense and fast paced especially dealing with over 100 customers a day. managers are cool and understanding but the store is nothing but drama.
Very fast paced as
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAMay 14, 2019
Very fast paced, managers are quick tempered and neglectful. Very systematic process of work. Separated section for teams of coworkers. Difficult if free spirited
Fun to work at, but managers can suck
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 13, 2019
If you work here, make sure you’re working to become something other than a team member, mostly because they will rely on you heavily. If you end up being good at one station, they will keep you there, and schedule you around that station too.
Pros
60% off lunches, 20% family/friends
Cons
Short breaks, management failure, you spend your entire weekend there
Very fast paced and challenging
Team Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 13, 2019
If you are not comfortable working in a small cramp and hot environment, this place is not for you. I didn’t learn much from it but I did enjoy putting a smile on the guest face from being served properly.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Little to no break, no water for breaks, horrible environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 6, 2019
The shake shack I worked at was a very fast pace hands on deck type of environment, employee pay and benefits were good but management didn't really connect to there employees so there would be lots and lots of lack of communication on there part.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Management communication
Coworkers are what makes this job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAApril 29, 2019
Don’t work here unless you want 8 hours a week... the managers don’t seem to listen when you reach out for more hours. I like that it’s weekly pay and in the beginning i made a good amount of money, but they don’t seem to know how to distribute hours among employees
Pros
Free food
Cons
Bad hours, lack of good management
Productive and fun place with TVs
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 23, 2019
Fast pace learned how to run the grill and back of the house Productive and family orientated everyone helps everyone one band one sound the management worked well in order to keep the shack running like a well oiled machine
great job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 21, 2019
it was my first job and its different from other "fastfood" places. starting pay is 10.50 an hour with the chance to become a manager and make up to 14.50 an hour.
Pros
discounts, activities
Cons
cant think of one

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shake Shack. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight