Shake Shack Employee Review

Food
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 11, 2019
Shake shack is one of the best jobs I had. There were rules like most jobs!. Being passionate about everything I do kinda landed me in a tight position!. But I will defly recommend shake shack to anybody!. Depending on work ethic you can definitely get 40 hours and the pay is good!. Sometimes it can be drama filled depending on management team or team members.
Pros
Discounts, pay, paid time off
Cons
Immature managers and some team members.

Other Shake Shack Employee Reviews

Shake Shake is an ok job, should be considered a hard working job.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAAugust 20, 2019
I liked the work experience, taught me a lot about management and work environment. Teaches you how to work in tight spaces and at a fast pace when there are orders for customers.
Dirty and difficult managers
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Upper West Side, NYAugust 20, 2019
Most people were cool but there were a few grumps just like any other job. Managers were the main reason I left, they take advantage of you and maximize your 15 per hour. (UPPER WEST SIDE) One manager was literally bi polar and everyone knew it I have no idea how the manger got the job. Told me word for word “You work for me and YOU have to do what I say or ELSE. “ Very bad energy, high stress not worth it. I’ve also seen some dirty stuff happen to the food just because a manger doesn’t wanna waste supplies. Ruined the image of shake shack for me. The only highlight to this job are the hours per week and their system to swap/pick up shifts. Guaranteed to get some grey hairs on your head. If you end up working here goodluck and drink a lot of water.
Pros
Hours Discount
Cons
Managers, Stressful, fast paced, kitchen heat

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shake Shack. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight