Shake Shack Employee Review

Team Member (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 6, 2019
The shake shack I worked at was a very fast pace hands on deck type of environment, employee pay and benefits were good but management didn't really connect to there employees so there would be lots and lots of lack of communication on there part.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Management communication

Other Shake Shack Employee Reviews

Just Ok
Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 21, 2019
The culture was portrayed one way, but what ends up happening is everyone is overworked, especially managemnt. It seemed easy in theory to become a trainer, but there was a lot of managers putting it off, not training people on other stations when they asked to do it, and just overall a lot of passive aggressive behavior. Ive seen some inappropriate behavior/favoritism from management as well that was uncomfortbale to see. There are many team members who continuosly dont do their work and who others have to pick up the slack for, but even when managemet has been told the behavior doesnt change and it sours the mood when going to work. The excitement I had working there was waned a lot. The discount is fairly solid, but I dont think that makes up for the lack of hours and still very low base pay considering some of us are doing 3-4 stations without the designation of "trainer"
Horrible upper west side
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Upper West Side, NYAugust 21, 2019
Wow what can I say , I would have never thought a billion dollar company would treat their own workers this way ... the workers are not welcoming at all .. girls fighting it felt like a factory ... no one even smiling ... the bathrooms are filthy!!!!!!! The only good thing is the pay the food is disgusting !!!! The place is dirty !!! You can not be outgoing or nice or pretty god forbid those chicks will eat u alive it’s not worth it do not work here !!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shake Shack. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Shake Shack.

Powered by Comparably