Shake Shack Employee Review

Horrible Management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Del Mar, CAMay 29, 2019
I worked at the Del Mar location for about 3 months and I am in the most bit surprised of how horrible Shake Shack is to work at. The managers tell you to do anything they want, even dirty work for other people there, and then sit in the office on their laptop all day long. The hours in the beginning were super good, since the restaurant had just opened, but then after about a month they cut everybody’s hours to 3 hour shifts per day. The managers have no idea how to run a restaurant and constantly lagged and messed up paychecks and schedules, taking all the way up until the day before to put a schedule out and having no exceptions for plans already made. Not to mention that they played favorites to whoever kissed their butt the most.
Pros
Discounts, Coworkers
Cons
Poor management, Labor intensive, Horrible scheduling.

Other Shake Shack Employee Reviews

Unproductive environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Back Bay, MAJuly 11, 2019
Half of the employees on shift would not be working the assigned jobs but rather talking to one another resulting in a decline in the quality of service. Not everyone on the management team stressed focus and discipline like they should.
I give it a big thumbs up
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2019
I give it a really big huge thumbs up is a very great business the managers are committed to work with their staff it's one of the best jobs I ever had

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shake Shack. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Shake Shack.

Powered by Comparably