Shake Shack Employee Review

Better Get Chummy with the Managers
Cross Trainer (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAApril 14, 2019
This location started out great but Management is such a mess and very unhelpful to the team. All managers including shift managers hang out in the office all day with their favorite employees while everyone else is left to slave in the kitchen. If you're not in the office laughing it up with the managers your chance of moving up is very low. However if you are left in the kitchen but caught slacking off expect immediate consequences! I've never worked somewhere where favorites played such a huge role in the work place its absolutely sickening and all the new hires catch on and leave almost immediately. The managers are zero help in the kitchen if they ever do decide to come out the office and can barely perform their job outside the kitchen its ridiculous.
Pros
Pays more than most restaurants and has OK benefits
Cons
NO work/life balance, Bias Career Growth

Other Shake Shack Employee Reviews

Shake Shake is an ok job, should be considered a hard working job.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAAugust 20, 2019
I liked the work experience, taught me a lot about management and work environment. Teaches you how to work in tight spaces and at a fast pace when there are orders for customers.
Dirty and difficult managers
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Upper West Side, NYAugust 20, 2019
Most people were cool but there were a few grumps just like any other job. Managers were the main reason I left, they take advantage of you and maximize your 15 per hour. (UPPER WEST SIDE) One manager was literally bi polar and everyone knew it I have no idea how the manger got the job. Told me word for word “You work for me and YOU have to do what I say or ELSE. “ Very bad energy, high stress not worth it. I’ve also seen some dirty stuff happen to the food just because a manger doesn’t wanna waste supplies. Ruined the image of shake shack for me. The only highlight to this job are the hours per week and their system to swap/pick up shifts. Guaranteed to get some grey hairs on your head. If you end up working here goodluck and drink a lot of water.
Pros
Hours Discount
Cons
Managers, Stressful, fast paced, kitchen heat

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shake Shack. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Shake Shack.

Powered by Comparably