Shake Shack Employee Review

my experience at shake shack
Crewmember (Former Employee) –  691 theatre districtOctober 30, 2018
My experience at Shake Shack was unpleasant. The environment was very stressful. I often left work very drained and annoyed. The people I worked with were friendly, but the manager was very disrespectful and racist.
Pros
60% off your meals and they give you hours
Cons
the workers acted like they were in high school still

Other Shake Shack Employee Reviews

Just Ok
Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 21, 2019
The culture was portrayed one way, but what ends up happening is everyone is overworked, especially managemnt. It seemed easy in theory to become a trainer, but there was a lot of managers putting it off, not training people on other stations when they asked to do it, and just overall a lot of passive aggressive behavior. Ive seen some inappropriate behavior/favoritism from management as well that was uncomfortbale to see. There are many team members who continuosly dont do their work and who others have to pick up the slack for, but even when managemet has been told the behavior doesnt change and it sours the mood when going to work. The excitement I had working there was waned a lot. The discount is fairly solid, but I dont think that makes up for the lack of hours and still very low base pay considering some of us are doing 3-4 stations without the designation of "trainer"
Horrible upper west side
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Upper West Side, NYAugust 21, 2019
Wow what can I say , I would have never thought a billion dollar company would treat their own workers this way ... the workers are not welcoming at all .. girls fighting it felt like a factory ... no one even smiling ... the bathrooms are filthy!!!!!!! The only good thing is the pay the food is disgusting !!!! The place is dirty !!! You can not be outgoing or nice or pretty god forbid those chicks will eat u alive it’s not worth it do not work here !!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shake Shack. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight