Shake Shack Employee Reviews

produtive work place fast paced and good customer service
shacktrainer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 22, 2019
I would go to my assigned station which was hot side of the kitchen where I had to prepare for my shift and restocked area where I cooked food and maintained a clean work station
Pros
60% discount
Cons
bad management
Ehhh
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYFebruary 22, 2019
It’s a good job to work if you like to work extremely hard with no real credit towards it. Favoritism is extremely high which sucks cause if you don’t have it you’ll get fired real quick . Now if you do have it you can get up to 13 right ups and still be good so make sure you get all the favoritism . We even used to call it a “ Slave Shack “ because they expect you to work 1000 times harder than usual & if your not feeling good they don’t let you go with a free day your getting a write up even with a doctors note. You also only get 30 min breaks which also sucks when you have to run to the food court or wherever wait on a line then come back to the shack half your break is already gone . Just a bad job to work at .
Pros
The coworkers are usually pretty cool
Cons
Everything else
Expected one person to do a 3 person job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 20, 2019
When I left I was washing dishes stocking the from and had to talk to customers and keep tables clean it was a very busy day and I’m one person I didn’t have any help and when I didn’t do the job the way they wanted me too I got yelled at and sent home for a “bad attitude” when really what they were asking was impossible especially since being in the lobby with the customers is suppose to be the managers job.
busy workplace with multicultural experience and a fooseball table
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 20, 2019
Shake Shack to me was a very fun but serious work place. We always tried to keep the good energy up in the building always check on the customers and made sure their orders where correct and precise. My bosses where the most fun and hard working people that i learned from and they always told their coworkers they could be just like them with hard work and dedication.

Mc'donalds was a familiar experience to Shake Shack but the grill was different and the bun station as well but it was basically the same process.
Very Stubborn With Hours
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20024February 10, 2019
They don't give you enough hours, and if you work too many hours they send you home or tell you not to come in. They never follow their policies or guidelines, they don't care much for their staff. The managers have favorites and show favoritism.
Interesting work place
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAFebruary 10, 2019
The Job culture wasn't all that great. Management played favoritism a lot and didn't give credit where credit was due. There would be few times where it felt like everyone worked together
Best Job!!
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJFebruary 9, 2019
Best job I ever had. Just apply and experience the hospitality yourself. You will not be disappointed. The opportunities are endless. Traveling to different parts of the world. Training New Shack Openings. If you enjoy traveling this is the job for you. Plus your promotions you do yourself.
Cons
Busy work place keeps you moving
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 8, 2019
Shake shack In Mall of America was the first one In MN , They got some really good burgers and everything is made fresh & natural Including the lemonade freshly squeezed , I would suggest anybody to work here and I would also suggest anybody to try a Shack burger as well, but make sure you ask for it WELL DONE every burger that's served there is Medium rare .
Pros
Discount on the food
Cons
Had to stand on my feet a long period of time
Very well first job it was fun working under management team that I had .
Team member (Former Employee) –  Midtown eastFebruary 3, 2019
Working with shake shack was a great experience.Working for the shake was my first job and I loved washing dishes.I had to work my way up to become the best but I am competitive and loved all the challenges
Don't waste your time
Team Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2019
Not a good place to work at at all. very poor management very
unorganized never want you to go further in Shake Shack, to many
people doing faviortism mess, lack of hours not enough pay,
the managers get into cliques like we are in high school, people
gossip about other people, managers are very sneaky they like
to cut off your hours, they don't care if you sick our have a doctors
appointment they still want you to come in.. i would never tell anyone to apply to this job, because is just not worth it to settle for
a little bit of money.. like its to much drama.. also people like to
snitch on one another like we in grade school i got so much to say,
because it's not right at all like you doing all these hours and i am
gonna get paid less and not going to proud of the hard work i do?
no way never going to waste time
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks, poor managment
Great place to start
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  8520 Santa Monica Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90069February 3, 2019
Shake Shack is a great place to be your first time job. It was a very nice and friendly environment, however the stress can get a bit intense at times, specifically on busier days. In my particular store we were very busy and had little to no space for our breaks. so we would get cramped walking past each other and sitting on the floor sometimes to eat our food. The hardest part is dealing with annoying guests.
Pros
Friendly and simple job
Cons
productive and fun work place
Cook/ Store training (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 1, 2019
a typical day at shake is coming in at your shift time clock in and check to see where your work station for the day will be and just get ready to start your day. most days they are busy but overall if everyone works together things go smooth i learned that team work and communicating is key. management can be a little better. the staffs are multi culture work place people from all over works there which also makes the job fun because you learn different languages. the hardest part of the job is people calling out from work and the most enjoyable part is everyone is like family we love each other and support one another
Pros
eat a whole meal for about 4 dollars
Cons
supervisor
fun fast paced working environment
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2019
Love working at shake shack
The most enjoyable part about the job is the staff in general.
Working at shake shack its very important to keep communication going throughout the shift.
Pros
discounts on lunch, paid time off
Very fast pace. Communication always needs to be high while in the kitchen. It’s cool because you get to meet many different types of people.
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 27, 2019
I like working here at shake shack because it’s fast pace, and you get to meet many different types of people. Only thing is that the management has trouble scheduling people in a way that people don’t have to go on break so early, and the shift is usually short staffed.
Pros
60% off of lunch
Cons
Short breaks, No breaks if You work 6 hours or less
shake shack
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 26, 2019
It was a Great place always Had Busy Good Food it can be a little rough but you will work with a good team so you will be fine You will Have to move around Cook cashier clean
Pros
free lunch
Cons
good brings and tips
Unorganized
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDJanuary 25, 2019
this is the last i would ever recommend anyone to work because the managers are rude, unorganized. You bearly get any hours especially if you are traveling far the hours are not worth it. oh yeah they like to pick and choose.
Good work place for kids in highschool
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 25, 2019
Its a great place they give you PTO and benefits pretty early on. The pay is a lot better than other fast food/ casual dinning places and there's room to grow within the company.
Fast food
Line Cook / Porter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2019
Fast paced environment with young managers learning as we go culture was cool since we all was entry level hardest part was just learning every ingredient other than it was a great learning experience.
Pros
n/a
Cons
low pay
Great job if you love food, people, and dogs.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 22, 2019
I have experienced some of my best times in costumer service at shake shack. They stick to their company policy, they genuinely care about their employees. They take time out to make sure you are happy in the company and they push the opportunity for you to advance in the company. They also have charity events for Animal shelters as well as treats and menu items for people and their Dogs.
If you love food, costumer service and making a difference in someones day. This is the place for you!
Pros
Discounted food, Healthcare benefits, P.T.O, Etc.
Great for college students
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 22, 2019
Close work environment which provides for friendly fast paced work environment the location I was at was the “Flagship” location located in the center of a park so sometimes hours and varied and work either slowed or picked up drastically

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shake Shack. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight