Shake Shack Employee Reviews

vder productive and competive place
Team Member (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2019
I enjoy working here but its very intense and fast paced especially dealing with over 100 customers a day. managers are cool and understanding but the store is nothing but drama.
It is a humbling yet unforgiving and extremely challenging job
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 15, 2019
Working at Shack Shake is a physically demanding job but the training is extensive and paid for. Most of the team members adjust well to its culture and the ones that wish to grow within the company do.
Pros
discount, meeting people and training
Cons
short breaks, long hours, stressful
professional yet relaxed atmosphere
Certified Trainer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 15, 2019
This company is Hospitality oriented dedicated to providing high-quality service and food to their guests. They promote team building and community service in their area.
Pros
Free lunch provided daily
Very fast paced as
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAMay 14, 2019
Very fast paced, managers are quick tempered and neglectful. Very systematic process of work. Separated section for teams of coworkers. Difficult if free spirited
Fun to work at, but managers can suck
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 13, 2019
If you work here, make sure you’re working to become something other than a team member, mostly because they will rely on you heavily. If you end up being good at one station, they will keep you there, and schedule you around that station too.
Pros
60% off lunches, 20% family/friends
Cons
Short breaks, management failure, you spend your entire weekend there
Very fast paced and challenging
Team Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 13, 2019
If you are not comfortable working in a small cramp and hot environment, this place is not for you. I didn’t learn much from it but I did enjoy putting a smile on the guest face from being served properly.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Little to no break, no water for breaks, horrible environment
Food
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 11, 2019
Shake shack is one of the best jobs I had. There were rules like most jobs!. Being passionate about everything I do kinda landed me in a tight position!. But I will defly recommend shake shack to anybody!. Depending on work ethic you can definitely get 40 hours and the pay is good!. Sometimes it can be drama filled depending on management team or team members.
Pros
Discounts, pay, paid time off
Cons
Immature managers and some team members.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 6, 2019
The shake shack I worked at was a very fast pace hands on deck type of environment, employee pay and benefits were good but management didn't really connect to there employees so there would be lots and lots of lack of communication on there part.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Management communication
Fun place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJMay 1, 2019
An amazing place to work at,friendly staffs and you will get along fine with everyone unfortunately the managements wasn't the best and certain coworkers love making unnecessary rumors.
Pros
Discount on our meals
Coworkers are what makes this job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAApril 29, 2019
Don’t work here unless you want 8 hours a week... the managers don’t seem to listen when you reach out for more hours. I like that it’s weekly pay and in the beginning i made a good amount of money, but they don’t seem to know how to distribute hours among employees
Pros
Free food
Cons
Bad hours, lack of good management
Its alright
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV. Strip LocationApril 26, 2019
Labor intensive job,doing more than 3 station a day and The only reason Ive been their so long (4 years)are the employees well some of them u get along andu build a bond but other than that its all lies and don't expect to move up at all unless your from the outside
Pros
Free 11 dollar meal a day and the employees some u get along with like their your family
Cons
1 break 10 minutes, no advancment, allot of lies, labor intensive
Productive and fun place with TVs
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 23, 2019
Fast pace learned how to run the grill and back of the house Productive and family orientated everyone helps everyone one band one sound the management worked well in order to keep the shack running like a well oiled machine
They may tell you fulltime...
Cashier/Expo/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Summerlin, NVApril 23, 2019
Working here was great until it was slow and then they would send people home. Driving 16 miles one way, only to get sent home after a few hours was not good. Plus I was told that it would be 32 to 40 hours a week and I was lucky to get 20
Pros
Discount for food
Cons
Hours
great job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 21, 2019
it was my first job and its different from other "fastfood" places. starting pay is 10.50 an hour with the chance to become a manager and make up to 14.50 an hour.
Pros
discounts, activities
Cons
cant think of one
Shake Shack is a nice place to work for college students
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 19, 2019
I learned a lot about working together as a team. They have company competitions that helps you get to know other shack employees. The one thing I dislike is the promotional part of the company. You have to take test and quizzes to move up. Your work ethics does not play apart in moving up within the company.
It’s a very fun environment to work in
Expo (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 18, 2019
Everyday is a different adventure with the people I work with. I couldn’t ask for a better group of friends to work with on a daily basis. The managers there are cool at time but overall they are all alright with me
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Paying for lunch some days
The best place to work in Miami
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 18, 2019
At the Shack, everything starts as a positive vibe and teamwork.

All ingredients are fresh and we cook for each order as a clock, always serving fresh and delicious burgers and shakes.

The environment is amazing, the training program is the best I ever saw, it's really detailed and focuses to teach you everything you need to know to perform perfectly.

By far a unique professional experience for those who want to grow and have a great career.
Pros
The best burger you will taste in your life
food
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLApril 16, 2019
Great place to eat. Everything is made fresh nothing is from yesterday. No left overs very clean and professional. always thinks of the customers before themselves. all in all great burger place. Better than Five Guys definitely.
Calm relaxing environment.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2019
Shack Shake was a cool place. It was a friendly environment. Everybody knew each other and respected each other. People would bring their dogs for special doggie treats. We made our guest feel at home shack!!
Better Get Chummy with the Managers
Cross Trainer (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAApril 14, 2019
This location started out great but Management is such a mess and very unhelpful to the team. All managers including shift managers hang out in the office all day with their favorite employees while everyone else is left to slave in the kitchen. If you're not in the office laughing it up with the managers your chance of moving up is very low. However if you are left in the kitchen but caught slacking off expect immediate consequences! I've never worked somewhere where favorites played such a huge role in the work place its absolutely sickening and all the new hires catch on and leave almost immediately. The managers are zero help in the kitchen if they ever do decide to come out the office and can barely perform their job outside the kitchen its ridiculous.
Pros
Pays more than most restaurants and has OK benefits
Cons
NO work/life balance, Bias Career Growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shake Shack. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight