Shakey's Pizza Parlor Employee Reviews

Fun, fast paced
Dough Roller (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 6, 2019
I would recomend this company to friends and family. At peak hours it can be a bit stressfull but over all shakeys is a rewarding place to work with a fairly tight-knit crew.
Con mucho ritmo
LAVAPLATOS (Former Employee) –  -©SHAKEYS.OLYMPIC BLVDL LOS ANGELES CAMarch 10, 2019
Escelente dia en el trabajo.Buenos trebajadores 😄.
Pros
Medical
Cons
El tiempo normal
Experience
Dining Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAMarch 6, 2019
Working at shakeys i was able to use my skills as well as gain new ones. It was a fast pace environment and hands on. I was in charge of dining room duties and the game room.
Pros
Free lunch and good environment
Cons
Rude customers
No support never enough staff not enjoyable
Assistant Manager/Manager (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 6, 2019
I would never work at anything like this casual dining ever again shakeys is the worst never enough staff management having to do two or three stations ring up guests take out the orders make the pizzas never enough staff general manager not helpful just complaining always putting fingers no support Never Enough no appreciation absolutely positively the worst job ever
Pros
Yeah free pizza or whatever but after working there it's not the best you get over it quick
Cons
Working half hour break no compensation no holiday pay
Good part time job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 5, 2019
I like working here because I was still in school while working here my manner will work with my school schedule so I will work night well evening shift. from 5pm till 10pm
WEDS Inventory
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAFebruary 27, 2019
Weds morning where the days that I would have to go in early 6 am for invetory and I would stay until 5 pm or 6pm. Usually busy with a lot of call outs
Pros
FREE lunch
Cons
no breaks, over worked
Fast paced work environment
Supervisor / Shift lead / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CA 93550February 5, 2019
Great company to work for, management staff is of the friendliest I've ever had the pleasure of knowing, hours are extremely flexible, always plenty of work hours to go around.
fun and fast pace
Pizza Cook (Former Employee) –  Waipahu, hiJanuary 8, 2019
The work was demanding, there was always for something to do. I tried to always finish my daily duties before finishing my shifts. Great experience for multitasking and using your time wisely.
Pros
the basic culinary training from this company
Cons
Some of the lazy coworkers
Good as a start off job
Guest Service & Sales (Current Employee) –  Alhambra, CADecember 26, 2018
This job environment is good as a first job, I wouldn't recommend for stay for the long run. Wouldn't make a career with this one. Not enough hours, paid minimum wage, haven't seen anyone advance or even last long enough.
Pros
25% off discount & sometimes free meals
Cons
not enough hours and paid minimum wage
It's great for paying some bills while living at home. Or for a second job to earn some extra money.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CADecember 20, 2018
The work is busy and fast paced which makes for the day to go by quicker. It's a place I've always been able to go back to if I needed more worker. Management there is friendly. It's very much a team effort.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No benefits
cool place to work great food
Closer (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CANovember 30, 2018
job always changing, learned a lot about restaurant business and customer service, hardest part was cleaning toilets, best part was my coworkers, chill environment, cool management, close to home
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
productive and workplcae for hardworker like me
waiter (Former Employee) –  south woodsNovember 14, 2018
.very stress but very happy to serve our guest.
.iv'e learned to handle guest properly.
.management is very strict. when it comes on the complained of the guest.
.wow culture
.hardest part of the job is when guest asking for more good preference of the food menu.
.when serve the guest with there insisting order because they always giving us a compliments of thanking
Pros
Free lunch and Dinner
Cons
long hour
Fun place to work
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Renton, WANovember 13, 2018
Great experience as a first job, now I feel like I’ve outgrown it and need something more structured. I’ve learned time management, leadership skills and flexibility in the work place.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No benifits
Fast paced work environment, management trusts employees do do their job.
Gameroom Attendant (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CANovember 9, 2018
While working at this location I was given an array of responsibilities that have been very formative in all my jobs since then. I was in charge of making the merchandise orders, display curation, and setting the overall game room ambiance, as a designer this made the job much more enjoyable. The best part of this position has to be the management, the amount of trust they have makes you want to perform better every day.
Pros
Free lunch, discounted meals for family and friends.
Cons
Overwhelming workload at times, no benefits.
It’s all about the numbers and it’s always the fault of anyone other than the general manager
Cook (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CANovember 3, 2018
Employees there are friendly and driven but have no incentive to strive for bettering themselves or the company because everyone gets minimum wage and no promotions.
Fun place to work, but at times stressful
Pizza Cook (Former Employee) –  Waipahu, HINovember 2, 2018
Typical day to work, its to make pizzas, or set up before business begins. What I learned is a lot of worker tips and how to be hardworking and balancing things. Hardest part of the job is dealing with customers, considering the customers in the area were not friendly nor giving. Only enjoyable part of the job was being able to play in the game room provided when free.
Decent place to work.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAOctober 26, 2018
Days were usually boring. Nights could be super Busy. Management often more concerned about numbers than employees comfort so it wasn't uncommon to be understaffed.
Pros
Free food.
Cons
understaffed, expected to get too much done in to little time
Fast paced and fun
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAOctober 20, 2018
Fast paced and fun place to work, only drawback is its minimum wage and even manager pay is only fifty cents more. Great place for a first timer to work at.
awesome
Food Runner/ Busser/ Expo/ Server (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAOctober 20, 2018
there was always something to do, the management and staff were very pleasant to work with, very family-oriented and felt like family, the management and owner actually cared about the employees, would love to work there again, but it is sadly too far.
Pros
free lunch, discounts, awesome caring staff and management
Cons
none honestly
fun work enviroment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAOctober 9, 2018
it is a good enviroment. simple tasks that should be executed with ease. Possible promotions to management then you can become a trainer. You will be able to go and help other shakeys that are opening.