Shakey's Pizza Parlor

Shakey's Pizza Parlor Employee Reviews

United States262 reviews

pizzabuffetfoodfreegamerestaurantlunchbusy

Great Environment and Team

I enjoyed the culture and people! It provided me with critical customer service experience that I’ve transitioned to my day to day life and professional career. I am beyond excited to have worked there.

Good first job

This is a good first job for anyone in high school. Wouldn’t recommend for anyone else though being that they only pay minimum wage and you get little to no tips. This specific location had so-so management when I was there, however they are very demanding when it comes to work life balance and don’t like to allow much time off at all. Also be prepared to work an hour to an hour and a half later than the scheduled end of your shift. Very fun environment to work in for a youngster, you meet a lot of friends and good people.

Shakey's Pizza Parlor insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Fun and inspirational

As food server 1st thing is so hard to taking order because im a shy type of person but i learn it how to interact to the guest even my co worker and now i love to talk the guest even answering phone calls.

Pros

With incentive and tip

Cons

Always overtime and its fine for me

It’s okay for a first job

If you just need the money or you’re just starting your first job then sure , this place is good for you. The work is easy if you’re a fast learner or have previous experience but other than that it’s alright. I hope whoever’s reading doesn’t plan to stay there forever.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Managers don’t like their employees to talk even if it’s just for a second.

elevated mindful and gather some ritual as customers spend birthdate party's at restaurant for an evelomptuist

unportioned demeanor towards any role given it being the back pizza dough roller and quality gestures for Farwell some voluptuousness envelops a fun and respected parlor for family's and regular customers daily is a sort of role we play to assure greatness for all customers. As what was truly fun was the active role playing in the parlor from given what aspects in there they're.

Pros

Free lunches.

Cons

Health care.

This is a great place to eat pizza

Fun place to work with the experience met some good people made some good friends and got a lot of good opportunities to go to other places you know that's it

Pros

The pros for working at this company is the pizza itself

Cons

Starting at 3:00 p.m. and getting off around midnight

It’s a okay job staff is cool, the work is simple it could be repetitive so you just have to find your own rhythm. My advice is to keep this job the best way you can because it’s simple but can be overwhelming or these managers will be micromanaging you like seriously it’s not cool, please don’t depend your life on this job I say it’s good for high schoolers, but not forever

Good work space

I’ve been working here for over a year.. best part about the job is meeting and greeting customers. Game room is a bit much, but you’ll get use to it

It’s a really fun place to work

The staff is so fun and energetic it makes you feel so welcome the moment you walk in for the interview. Everyone pushes you to do you best and the parties are the best.

Pros

Free lunch, everyone is friendly and welcoming

Cons

Pay

Low pay

Para un adolescente que vive con sus padres el trabajo perfecto; pero un adulto y el costo de vida no vale la pena; 15 dólares no es suficiente y todavía hacer el trabajo de dos empleados; y el mismo pago, te entrenan en todos los puestos y no está mal aprender de todo; pero si eres bueno en tu trabajo no es bueno porque después estarás realizando el trabajo de dos empleados y como dije sin posibilidad de aumento; te dan aumento si eres shift manager pero la presión es peor y por dos dólares de diferencia. Por eso mucha gente se ve hay mejor paga y menos stress en otros trabajos.

Pros

Se acomodan a tus horarios

Cons

El pago es nada y más trabajo

Fun and Fast-paced job

Really great job, the general manager is a excellent manager.The staff is all friendly and nice for the most part.The job can be fast paced, but it does get slow at times. Good hours and fair pay

Pros

Good hours, Fair pay, 1 free mini pizza every shift

Cons

Some managers can be unreasonable at times

For job

I had a blast there first job was very nice managment really cated for employees great pay flexable hours good pay chance to move up in company wish i was

overworked and underpaid

at first i thought it was going well and getting paid well but the manager clearly wasnt good in putting in hours for people aswell as most workers talked about how their checks slowly became less and less for how many hours they worked

Pros

free food, breaks

Cons

overworked, underpaid, not compensated for as much

Friendly environment

Friendly employees. Everyone was nice and cared a lot. When it got busy it was nice that we helped each other out. Management was very understanding when I needed extra help.

Great place to start!

Working at Shakey's Pizza Parlor can be a great first job. This can act as a double edge sword, unfortunately. Many high school students do end up working here and may not take the job as serious (we get it, they're young) and call off. That leaves the remaining staff having to pick up the slack. Staff/ Management is friendly and helpful. Always happy to answer any questions or doubts you may have. Overall the work place can be fun, BUT at the same time can be a little overwhelming. Weekends are fast paced. Multiple orders come in fast, from people dining in the restaurant to phone orders/ online orders. If you like to work in a fast paced environment and can multitask, Shakey's Pizza Parlor might be the place for you.

Pros

Fast paced, free lunch, extremely flexible work hours

Cons

Call offs

Great first job

Learned a lot, great workers, great food perfect first job. Lines always move in an efficient manner which is a pro, we all work as a team at Shaky’s. Very positive environment.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

No benefits

Fun fast paced working conditions

The place I worked had good management. The work would be a little slow in the earlier parts of the day but pick up really fast towards the evening. It was a lot to do but also a little fun because many kids' parties would be going on.

Great first job

Great as a first job as they had you doing several different jobs and not just the same every day. Like all customer service some days sucked some days were great.

Not bad for a FIRST Job

So Shakeys isn’t bad for a first job but not great for something long term due to lack of benefits such as health and dental insurance. The pay is also not exactly great especially since you get unpaid breaks and unpaid time off. Management at my location was great but unfortunately will soon change.

Pros

Free individual pizza or salad

Cons

No Benefits, low pay

Well paid and a fun environment

Job is awesome filled with good manager and employees that help you when needed. Love over the all and how the managers treat and help new employees succeed.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Less days off

Awful first job experience

This was my first job, and it was an awful introduction to the work world. The only reason I'm giving it 2 stars is that my coworkers were really cool and friendly, and most of them were kids around my age who were also experiencing their first job. The assistant manager would snap at me over the smallest inconvenience or mistake, but I rarely saw her do the same to other employees. The GM and AM also have huge issues with time management. For example, if I was scheduled to get off work at 9 pm, there was a pretty good chance I'd get off at 10 or later. One night I stayed until almost 11 doing a job I wasn't even supposed to be doing, when I was supposed to get off at 9. Honestly one of the worst job experiences.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Awful management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shakey's Pizza Parlor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Shakey's Pizza Parlor with

Shakey's Pizza Parlor reviews by popular job title

• Shakey's Pizza Parlor
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?