Shalom Health Care Center

Working at Shalom Health Care Center: 30 Reviews

United States30 reviews

good work-life balance

didn’t last long! It was okay. No benefits, low pay, overworked. I wouldn’t work here again! Worked for both a dealership and a home health center.

Terrible place to work at.

This place has a constant rotation of employees. Due to the fact that the Chief leadership of the company doesn’t take any feedback. It’s their way or the highway. They don’t listen to what the employees ask for. Everything seems like a popularity contest. There are employees that should’ve been fired years ago. Also there is no real HR department and polices are broken and bent for certain individuals.

Pros

None.

Cons

Unrealistic goals and terrible policies.

Shalom Health Care Center insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Supportive environment
  • Overall satisfaction

Horrible place

I used to work there and hated it! It’s all nothing but drama. The pay is horrible! They pick favorites. You will never be able to move up in that position because of that!

A wonderful company!

I love all of management they are so understanding and encouraging. They will help you when you need it, and also appreciate the work you do for the company!

Training

Very independent position which is difficult for a new grad. Training very minimal and rely on other NPs for assistance. Minimal guidance from management.

Great place to work. Care about their patients and the community

I had different hats working at Shalom Health Care Center. Delivered education about the importance of primary healthcare and health insurance. I became a navigator and help the community enroll in medical insurance, Medicaid, the Marketplace and the advantage program Contacted community organizations to partner with Shalom Health Care Center Graphic Designer for Shalom Health Care Center. I created the promotional material for the clinic. Participated at health fairs and enrollment events, and conducted informal outreach at community centers. Provided high-risk, targeted, and confidential HIV testing in community organizations as well, counseling and information about HIV testing to all participant as appropriate Seamless planning and execution of Shalom Health Care Center’s Annual Health Fairs. Including all the graphic and CAD drawings for the fair. Managed budgets of up to $30,000 Developed effective social networking radio, TV, and print ad campaigns to promote events in English and Spanish. Supported director with administrative work such as graphs, data presentation, program reports, etc. Participated in the design and execution of the new clinic on 56th Street.

Fast paced and very evolving.

I really enjoyed working at Shalom due to the population we served. I loved seeing the smiles of patients when they qualified for discounts or insurances or were assisted in their medical needs. I learned to be more compassionate of others as well as putting myself more often in patient's shoes.

Awesome group of employees, great mission

Diverse group of dedicated individuals working towards the same mission and goal - to provide care for those who need it the most. An awesome school-based program that is allowing healthcare to reach kids where they spend the most of their time, in the schools! Have been here for over 4 years and love what I do and who I work with.

Don't work there

Shalom was one of the WORSE places I ever worked in my life. They are disorganized as a whole. No one seems to know what they are doing. Don't even apply if your not Hispanic because they will not hire you.

Official response from Shalom Health Care Center

May 13, 2019
We're sorry you had a bad experience working here. We do our best to make this a great place to work for everyone, but like all organizations, there are things we can improve on. We would like to address a couple of things, because your review was confusing. First, we do not have Lead Medical Assistants, so we are unsure of your position here. Also, only 22% of our workforce is Hispanic/Latino. We pride ourselves on the diversity of our staff - we have employees of many different ethnicities and ages.

no comment

Nice people. great mission. good work life balance and great learning environment. Close to home for convenient traveling to home and west-side living

No training

There was no guidance or training in this role. The culture was very quiet and clique-y. Hours were not great as one day a week is a long day. Only positive was out at 1pm on Fridays.

Shalom is a great place to advance into the medical field

in the time that I was with Shalom health care,I had learned much more than most people in the nursing field.There is always room for advancement and classes to take to certify a direct care professional grows in the field.

Pros

great management

Cons

A fun place to work and i miss it

I really miss a lot of the workers i work with and how all the kids showed their love for me by giving me a painting with all there hand prints on it that's still hanging on my wall today and that's why i miss the kids the most.

Pros

All the time

Cons

Short breaks

back office

back office supervisor is awesome, does a great job making flow better. back office works as a team and helps each other out to help everything run smoother

Work life

Worked during the school year Administering vaccines to kids, doing sports physicals and wellness exams on kids. Kids seen in clinic if parents consent on file

Pros

Off when kids out of school

Cons

Not as diversified as it appears

Great Employees, not so great CEO

GREAT coworkers! Regular business hours. (Longer office hours on Thursday evenings). My job was not difficult but it was sometimes difficult trying to fulfill the needs of the patients.

good place to wotk

Fast paced understanding and reliable everybody works as a team to get things done. Management listen to your complaints and move forward with timely in a timely fashion

Pros

1 hr lunces

Cons

absentism

Great Place to Work

Shalom Health Care Center is an excellent employer. The organization has a great group of leaders. I love working here.

Pros

community focused

Work with some of the most compassionate Providers and Assistants I've ever known.

Shalom is a low to no income company, which serves a huge population of very different cultures. I have found our clients to be some of the most challenging and appreciative that Ive ever worked with.

Pros

The Providers, Assistants and Pts.

Cons

Management.

Terrible place to work

Management has a "my way or the highway" mentality, and there is no communication. There are many better places to work.

Drama filled

The clinic has a great purpose serving the surrounding population, but personal agendas and personalities interfere with the real reason for the clinic. No real work can be done, unless their is uniformity in the management. Being that the clinic is small and ran by a board, their is no neutrality in processes. The clinic has the making of a good place to work but is not at this time. There is too much drama that is not addressed and not enough work and concern for the patients.

Cons

Staff hours, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shalom Health Care Center. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits