SHALOM PARK Employee Reviews

A care centered culture
Activities Director (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 27, 2018
From the moment that I first walked through the doors to interview at Shalom Park I could see that there was something different about it. Everyone is focused on providing amazing elder centered care. They encourage everyone to be involved in decision making, and hold learning circles to help problem solve challenges. Also, having neighborhoods and consistent assignment allow for staff to get to know elders well and also get to know coworkers well. It truly is an environment of support and compassion for elders and staff
Pros
discount in the bistro, opportunity for kids to participate in half day summer camp, wellness center membership, Opportunities for ongoing education, supportive work environment.
Poor Management
Geriatric Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 12, 2018
A typical day at work included a lot of paperwork, case notes, etc. There would be a few crises throughout the week and my fellow coworkers were great overall. Upper management is a disaster.
No longer good
Administration (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 23, 2018
This used to be a very family friendly environment but not anymore. It is a miserable place to work with management playing favorites. The new CEO cares only about money and has no real interest in the staff or residents.
Great place to work. Staff really care about what they do
Activities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  nursing homeJuly 18, 2017
Great place to work. Staff really care about what they do. Management does a great job making you feel appreciated. They listen to your ideas. No complaints.
Shalom Park
Housekeeping Worker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 7, 2016
I was a housekeeper there, the staff and managers were pretty reliable, the pay was decent, plus this place is very cultural love how they give back to the community.
good environment with kind co workers
diswasher (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 1, 2015
I enjoyed my time at this company very much I had great co workers and a kind supervisor, they let me rotate my schedule around my daughters which was very nice.
Pros
flexible schedule, some paid off
Cons
short breaks
overall a good place to work
Licenced Practical nurse (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 3, 2014
There is good support from managment. They expect you to work a majority of the shift in the dinning room taking orders and passing out food taking away valuable time from nursing duties
Skilled Care Nursing Facility
Dietary Clerk/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ColoradoJanuary 9, 2014
I love my job and the people that I work with. We have been promised lots of things, but we keep seeing cutbacks. Management has been their for many years.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Salary
Initiated into the workforce
Dishwasher/Server P.T. (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 3, 2012
This was my first job. I would go to school, go to Lacrosse practice, then ride my bike to work. I got a workers permit from my high school because I was only 15 when I worked there. I learned work ethic, responsibility, and the value of a dollar. My co-workers were amazing and very nice to me. The hardest part was probably being in a Jewish atmosphere as a Christian. The most enjoyable part was learning to become the man I am today.
Pros
decent pay, taught me responsibility, and what it takes to have a job.
Cons
overwhelming at times for a young man.