Shamrock Foods Company Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 9, 2019
The people are awesome to work around on the corporate office. The manager is flexible with the time schedule. In my dept we are allowed to do our work with no micromanagement. Although in other depts they are micromanaged fully. There are a lot of things that need to be improved and strategies are very much need. Training sucks. Its only hands on. So depending on who trained you is what you will know, which could be the wrong way of doing things. The pay is a joke and there are no company perks to offset it. The pay raises are only 2.5%, if your lucky, a year. The workloads are always high. Although in a corporate setting your treated like a call center. Shamrock only gives you 2 paid holidays off, Christmas day and Thanksgiving day. All other days you will have to use your pto or vacation days. And no you are not given extra days of pto or vacation. Its the standard 3wks all together for the entire yr. An idea would to be allow people to work from home to balance out the 2 paid holidays. This company could be a great company with longevity but they are going to have to put some good strategies into play, increase people's pay tremendously and give there employees some perks to want to say and help this company thrive. There systems are outdated and there programmer are like beginners. Which also places the company into the stone age. They should really do some bench marketing to get some real nice systems implemented into the company that will allow better productivity. They should also stop hiring people just because they came from US Foods. This is not making Shamrock any  more... better as it actually slows them down. In this case people who have no type of industry experience is better than having experience. Retraining thought processes is not a good idea when trying to move your company forward. Bringing people in who have business experience helps the company grow by utilizing the skills, expertise and the out of the box thinking.  less
Pros
Free dairy, free coffee, great people to work around
Cons
Pay, paid holidays, technology, flexibility
Shamrock
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 8, 2019
I didnt get to spend a lot of time at shamrock but i know i regret leaving that job. I think ill go back as a re hire in 6 months. If your experienced in warehouse theres money to be made a shamrock
Pros
Everybody is there to work
Cons
The case count is insanley high
Poor Management
Dispatch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 30, 2019
Poor Management, nothing was handled professionally and lack of communication.
Horrendous experience. I would not recommend that company to anybody I know
Pros
nothing
Cons
not
not a good place to work
driver (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 24, 2019
worst place to work, don't care about their employees, will work you to death, If your not family, you get treated like dirt. don't care if you get hurt.
Horrific
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Eastvale, CAJanuary 15, 2019
I wouldn’t wish this job on my worst enemy! I was lied to about everything about this job in my interview but my pay. They told me what my days off would be & when I started I had completely different days off. When I asked about it, they said that was MY SCHEDULE. I had to set them straight before they gave me the original days off. They told me they would provide me with supplies to do my job and also a jacket, beanie, gloves, & work boots. I was told that by my hiring manager and HR. On my first day I asked for those things and the same hiring manager looked at me as if I was speaking a different language and said I would need to get those things myself and that they do not provide anything of those. This job is very demanding & stressful. Cases are like 40- 120 pounds. Most of the time cases are tooo high to reach, and there’s never available pallets to use. You have to search the warehouse for them and with all this they expect you pick 135 cases per hour. The cases need to be placed in a certain sequence between 2 pallets but 95% of the time there is no place to put the case in the specific order it needs to be. Your pallets are to the roof 90% of the time. The managers are awful and long term employees aren’t willing to lend a helpful hand. And if someone does actually help you out you have to be wary of sabotaging. Because most of the employees there are shady! Safety is does not exist here. Workers are constantly crashing into each other on the electric pallet jacks & getting hurt, people are constantly going on light duty because of hurting their backs, and people  more... even have to climb the racks just to get product. I really wish I didn’t leave my old job for this place. Basically if you’re willing to do anything for money but hit the corner or pole then go for it, but If you’re not willing to do anything for money, look elsewhere or stay at the job you’re at!!  less
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything and the kitchen sink
Shamrock
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 7, 2019
Shamrock foods company was a great place to work. It was fast paced and always pay attention to detail cause you're operating a pallet jack or fork lift
Unsafe/Unethical workplace
Warehouse Selector (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 31, 2018
For starters, I will say while working there I overlooked a few "problems" however looking back at my termination there aren't very many good things I can say about the company.

Not very clean and organized warehouses. I think the management definitely had their "favorites" or buddies that they would let slack off.
One major concern is the safety regulations in place. I had been injured twice in my couple months of working there. The warehouse isn't set up for safe "selecting" and when I had been fired there were 3 injured selectors at that point in time.

The guys working there are pretty cool, however not really a team effort and everyone is paid for their productivity and some people get rather rude or cocky.

Pay was pretty good, the harder you work and the quicker you learn, the more you get paid as well.

I had been satisfied while working there, however now looking back I would NEVER want to go back.
New manager in town
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 30, 2018
If you are not on his friend list you might not get a job at shamrock ! This new manger is not here to run the shop his looking at retirement. The parts guy/inventory/lead supervisor/fueler/over paid janitor is the decision calling man! You can find him in his office eating, bad management
Pros
Great technician's to work with
Cons
HR dosen't care
its a good place to work with good people
ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 28, 2018
Typical office, great stuff and not great stuff. If you're willing to work, they'll work you good. Great times, bummer to be looking for other stuff..
No training no direction
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 28, 2018
There are two many managers and not enough workers. They have favoritisms and give management positions to people they are related to or friends over experience employees. Then ask the employees to train their new bosses. They do not treat you like family. Management has no accountability and gives no directions. They contestantly hire friends without posting positions.

Want to know more about Shamrock Foods Company?

Ask a question
Good company
Dock Captain/ Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  AlbuquerqueDecember 21, 2018
Great company, tough work. Great pay. Long hours. Worked here for a good while, no complaints.////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Customer Care Needs Improvement
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 18, 2018
Seemed like a good company to work for... At first. Than you slowly start to see the lack of management experience. Right away i noticed how supervisors showed favoritism. The training was horrible. And they are quick to fire people for "bad attendance," but they will keep people who are known for having multiple altercations and making the work environment uncomfortable for everyone else. Why? Because they have their favorites. I would never ever recommend this company to anyone who is in need of a job. They are so quick to throw the work policy in peoples faces but try to change it when its thrown back at them. I tried to talk to HR about the whole situation but they gave an attitude like they didnt care. I just hope they see this and take all of this into consideration if they wish to make it a better place for people to work. It's very unacceptable. Phoenix Customer Care you need to be better!
Great Management. Fair Pay. Good Benefits
Shamrock Beverage Department (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 15, 2018
Managerment is understanding and supportive. Quick paced work that makes time fly. Good discounts at company store. Vision Dental 401k profit sharing etc. Associates are well seasoned in their field. Good team to be apart of. Department Director and Local Upper Management are Very Supportive. Probably the Best Department at Shamrock Foods.
Pros
Benefits, Understanding and Support Management And Co-Workers
Shamshocked...
Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 13, 2018
I was thrilled when I was hired until I arrived for orientation. The trainer obviously just wanted to get it over with, and was totally worthless information. There is so much turnover here, don't be surprised if you are hired on in a group. The operator job I was assigned was without a doubt a 2 person area. Instead they expect 1 person to run the area. Completely unrealistic expectations. Machine breaks down, product jams, equipment changeover, etc.

Supervisors don't introduce themselves or care to know you. You are on an island alone. H.R. is disconnected from the floor, so there is no one to turn too. The motto of you being like family is probably true only in the sense you are the family dog left outside in the doghouse!
Pros
Pay/benefits
Cons
Great money, but lacks everything else
Loader/Selector (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, CODecember 12, 2018
Can make really great money within a couple of months if you are a fast learner. Long hours(10+ hours) everyday due to the lack of hard workers (there are some but not enough to make a difference) as well as lazy management team members. They always talk about a team attitude but in years of being employed their, I still don't know what they are talking about. It is an individual workplace as hardly anybody is willing to help one another. This is reiterated by management who will stay in the office for 80% of the night. Lots of physical labor and you will get tired at times except management will always ask you to work one of your two split days off to help the "team." Lots of drama on a day to day basis, there is favoritism. Everything is based on seniority, so good luck getting time off that you actually want. On another note, if you ever get a flat tire, car won't start, car accident, etc...you will be hit with a tardy. They will relate to your circumstance but wont be able to help you out with any tardy regardless of situation. They aren't personable. You are treated like a robot that can be easily replaced by someone else. Benefits were good, pay was the best I've ever made, but due to the overall atmosphere and the repeatedly long hours for over a year and a half, I left.
Pros
hourly wage, benefits
Cons
work life balance, work atmosphere, long hours
Just ok
General Warehouse Crew Lead/Captain (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 12, 2018
No consistency but great compensation. Not the greatest place if you’re a family man. No set hours so it’s tough to plan events with family or even your free time
Intense stress and unrealistic expectations from management
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 11, 2018
Intense stress and unrealistic expectations from management. Long hours and they don't believe in promoting from within. High turnover is the norm and is ignored.
Place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Eastvale, CADecember 10, 2018
Shamrock is great place to work for, fast pace environment. great pay however very long hours don't have to worry about getting laid off not enough drivers.
Pros
great employees
Cons
warehouse unorganized
Great company
National Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2018
Shamrock is an excellent home town company. Still has a small company feeling but rolls multi billion dollar revenue. Lots of 30yr employees. Great benefits. Family company. Family first.
Great place!
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, CONovember 26, 2018
This company is great! A fast paced company with tons of competition among the crew. Everyone encourages each other to do better and become faster at their job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shamrock Foods Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight