Shamrock Foods Company
59Below average

Shamrock Foods Company Employee Reviews

United States375 reviews
Executive management is awesome and the company is awesome. Only thing bad is transportation management. Executives don't have great over-site on department managers. Clicks are allowed and removal of employees are not reviewed.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Clicks and lack of over-site
Shamrock is a great company to work for. Just be there every day and on time. Every one is supportive and work together to get the job done. A lot of the employees have been there for many years. Supervisors are supportive and will help when needed.
Pros
Great pay, always work to be done, everyone is very nice and supportive.
Cons
Cant think of any
This place has a wonderful family atmosphere. My manager was one of the best inspirational people I have worked for in a long time. It is a very stressful place to work but you are compensated for it... you work a lot, you make more money. I loved this company and what it stood for. Unfortunately, COVID happened.
I like working for them not sure why I have to keep typing to be able to read other reviews about a different company I’ve got to get to 159 characters
This place was once called food services of America it got bought out by shamrock foods. The big mistake was keeping the same employees, the culture is so racist still. They treat colored people like trash. There is no communication with the old racist folks that work there.
Pros
The pay is decent
Cons
No set schedule, no paid holidays
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Shamrock foods is my favorite place to work. Plus I learned a lot more job skills I can use on other jobs along the way. I would recommend this job to everyone i know. Great job!!!
Pros
Benefits, pay, and company
Cons
One of the worst call centers to work at! A bunch of micromanaging, the managers have favorites only if you brown nose, they don’t know what they are doing half the time it’s a mess.
Company can not figure out the market they expanded into in the northwest, poor decisions from management, will work you to the bone, non stop calls emails texts.Over promise and under deliver to customer, is higher priced than other distributors, does not stick up for employees, I was physically threatened several times by two different customers with no resolution or support from management, just told "you have to go see them"
Pros
benefits are OK
Cons
Company does not care about customer just sell sell sell at a mark up
Cult like environment management is horrible creates for a toxic low morale in the office horrific leadership selfish Manager doesn’t care about all his employee’s he picks his favorites and favoritism in the office don’t be fooled
Pros
Cons
Toxic environment
I would have loved to work for shamrock for the rest of my life if there was a balance between work and personal life. I was 19 at the time and was working waaaay to much. Monday would be 10am-12am (14 hours) then I would have a meat run at 7am the following day allowing me to get no sleep and yet work 7am-10pm (violating laws on driving but they didn’t care, they would reset your hours so they wouldn’t get caught.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Shamrock Foods Company?
Slave work for little pay and there is a A LOT OF Favoritism they never tell you That you’ll be working your own floor and running for 13 to 15 hours the morning people never clean it’s always a mess
Cons
Good place to work both part-time and full-time as the hours are flexible and the benefits are great. Pay is Okay and corporate and regional managers move very slow when it comes to decisions involving the employees at the bottom. However, overall it is a good place to work.
Working with Shamrock Foods has allowed me to grow within my position and at the company. Based in additional States I assisted with Building and Maintenance for each site. Setting up schedules, assisting with meetings, vetting vendors, learning software, and working with an amazing team.
Really can't complain about nothing going on training orientation aswell as when you solo out it's all an positive feel to the job it's not for everybody but it pays well
Shamrock is a great company, however COVID-19 had a negative impact on their company and staffing. I would have loved to continue working for them and hope that a position will open up again in the future so that I might join the Shamrock family again.
I learn something new on a regular basis. There's a lot of patience and guidance from leadership. Benefits are really good and it's nice to work with a team
Shamrock Foods Company is the West's premier foodservice distributor. They have been owned by the founding family for almost 100 years. For the most part, they treat customers as friends and associates as family.
I learned a lot from working at Shamrock not just in sales but customer satisfaction as well. Looked forward to going to work every day and getting that opportunity to interact with my customers and fellow employees and managers.
Shamrock Foods is a great company to work for. If you are a hard worker, you are rewarded with better pay. The management is hired from the company, so they are knowledgeable and well suited for their positions. Benefits are fantastic! The company pays for the vast majority of your medical and wholly pays for your additional benefits. Vacation time and PTO is plentiful and well paid. This is a great company for experienced drivers who want to learn and grow. I always feel engaged and challenged. The learning curve would be steep for new CDL A drivers. Hours can be long during busy seasons, but there is time for family the rest of the year. The incentive system is fair and profitable. In short, I make good money and learn new skills every day.
Constantly exploring way's to be the best, nothing is ever good enough, in a good way, always on your toes employer. Sometimes expectations are to high even when reasons are given to explain why things need to be adjusted.
Good, solid company at the top. as to an individuals experience? It all depends upon the business unit leader as to the environment, leadership, communication and vision. Most of the business unit leaders are very, very good.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shamrock Foods Company. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
2.5Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight