Shands Healthcare Employee Reviews

N/a
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 14, 2019
Working at Shands gave me a great opportunity to meet new people and learn many things around the hospital.We were not only co- workers we were a family!
Fast-paced job, great for any new students looking for money.
Valet (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 5, 2019
I personally loved this job for several reasons. Firstly, working a service job makes you appreciate hard work and understand the repercussions of being unmotivated. Secondly, students can meet other people their age and network with one another. Lastly, the pay for a young person is fairly decent assuming you work to the best of your ability.
Pros
Simple, good pay.
Cons
hour flexibility
Would not recommend this job it is an unfair working environment
Enviormental Services (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 24, 2019
I was just fired today may 24th 3 weeks into the job i was working hard, my manager was suggesting manager position first week, i was fired for visiting a patients room, i had no knowledge of any of the patients circumstances , apparently their was family issues i was completely unaware of, so because the situation was a rare one security for the patient was high, out of generosity i went to check on the patient just to say hi , i was ran off the floor i was in complete compliance with the order ,had no problem leaving, meant no harm had no bad intentions, yet from the beginning i was treated like criminal, I was 3 weeks into this job an from that point on i was under investigation lasted 3 days, first day i was asked what i did, i explained an i was believed to be telling the truth, second day into the investigation i was harassed by a Human Relations Associate, dont remember her name,she started her investigation with a false accusation about what i was seen doing, i quickly denied it an became confused an upset as far as fear anxiety, it was a very unpleasant experience and unprofessional, she quickly reworded things i would say repeatedly accused me rather than question me , used high pressure unprofessional tactics,through out the whole investigation as if she was a police officer an repeatedly accusing, well i left went home an today i came into work i was told by my manger that i would not be able to return ,their was no reason given it was said since i haven't passed my probation period they didn't need to give one. not sure if the whole hospital is alike but this  more... is how i was treated for an innocent provable mistake only 2 weeks in as a ENVIORMENTAL SERVICE WORKER in NORTH TOWER of SHANDS HEALTH.  less
Pros
moneys ok
Cons
unprofessional Human Relations department
Shands HealthCare
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 21, 2019
Shands HealthCare is a great place to work with amazing benefits and a company that promotes a diverse work environment along with promoting from within.
N/a
Stock tech (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 6, 2019
Overworked always short staff. Forced to do maditory overtime on days off. I wouldn’t recommend that position to anyone. Lead and boss do not help you
Excellent learning opportunity
Medical Technologist, Blood Bank (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 1, 2019
Shands is a teaching hospital offering opportunities to experience cutting edge technologies and experiences. The work is challenging and always an opportunity to learn.
Pros
excellent learning opportunities
Cons
frequently short staffed
Shands is a GREAT place to work
Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 27, 2019
I love making people smile and knowing that we're saving lives is an amazing feeling. I love my job because I get move around the hospital and see different things.
typical day work
Admission Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 12, 2019
Great company to work for. I enjoy helping customers and working with numbers and. I enjoyed learning about different insurance policy and copays, and the benefits insurance has
I enjoy working there
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 24, 2018
I like working with the clients in the field. I made alot of friends. Help alot with there chores they could relax when I was there.I ran errands for them I cooked I cleaned I did their laundry made their beds anything they needed
Overview
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 22, 2018
Great opportunity, glad I was given then chance nearly 5 years ago to come on board and be apart of a great place. Everyone here is beyond amazing. I've had the opportunity to be a employee and not long ago a patient as well. I recommend anyone to come and get care here if needed.
Pros
Great place
Not a bad place to work
HIM Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 11, 2018
Good people and can be a very accommodating place to work. It's been a number of years since last worked there. At the time the pay wasn't good. Now for what I understand the pay has improved.
Pros
Great culture and environment.
Cons
Low pay
I loved working here
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 5, 2018
Awesome place to work. I had great benefits and pay. I wanted to go back to school to obtain my degree. After obtaining my degree, I became pregnant.
Benefits
Cons
Pay to park
Its a great place to work
ERP - Application System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 20, 2018
Its a great place to work and enjoyed working here for almost 12 years. The days are gone so quickly like a flash. We had hospitality team and celebrating birthday's, gong out for lunch, and even had fun with happy hours on some Friday evenings.
Cool place to work, learn, and progress.
Pros
Occationally during project upgrades
Cons
Very liberal on breaks as long as you keep with work targets smoothely
If you don't fit in, you're out.
Lead Cook/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 28, 2018
Employee Relations...no such thing. Should be Employers Relations! There is no justice for the worker. Management's word is taken as final. Poor pay but lots of Employee Benefits, which you pay for. Good luck with parking. It will cost you $330.00 a year for a parking pass that doesn't guarantee you a parking spot! If you get there early (before 7), fine. Otherwise, you'll have to pay $10 a day (extra) to park in the guest garage. People aren't friendly. You walk down the halls and get ignored. Pay raises are less than a quarter a year. Human Resources employees aren't Human. Takes forever to get hired and once you are, they want nothing to do with you. I would never work at this hospital, knowing what I do now.
Pros
Paid vacations, Pto
Cons
You're a number.
Boring
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 31, 2018
I dislike shands it's so much drama. It's so much going on and people try to get you fired for no reason. The management sucks they pick and choose there favorites.
Fun place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 29, 2018
You work & have fun at the same time,get to know your manager & co workers. Things you didn't already know they actually take the time out to train you & show you to be sure you are certain of your job.
Avoid like a Plague!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 28, 2018
I worked there several years ago, then ill-advisedly tried it again twice. Resigned all 3 times, the most recent time only about 6 weeks in. It is a horrible place to work, at least as a nurse. Management is very poor (wanted to use another word), and they would sell out their own handicapped grandmothers if they thought they would take some of the work off them and/or, they could make money off them.
Anyone I have EVER talked to , and I've been in this community now over two decades, has nothing good to say about either working there, or using their "facilities."
They will lie to you in the hiring process, lie to you in orientation, conduct witch hunts, and stab you in the back.
Avoid this place like the plague that it is.!
Pros
Teaching hospital and hopefully up on the latest research and methods
Cons
Working there; everything else
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 21, 2018
Great Place to Work
Great Co workers
Good Benefits
Overall Good atmosphere
I would advise eeveryone to work at this teaching hospital new Nurses and CNAs
Great chance for advancement
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 11, 2018
A typical day of work was posting payments, adjustments and making sure all batches were balanced and all payments were accounted for. The hardest part of the job was sitting in one place all day. However, I had amazing supervisors and co-workers. This was a great place to work and if I didn't need surgery with such a long recovery time. I wouldn't have left this job.
Shands
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 8, 2018
Shands was a great hospital the people were great and the staff was amazing. we helped so many people it was amazing. If I ever relocated back to gainesville I would reapply

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shands Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Shands Healthcare Reviews by Location