Shandy Clinic

United States38 reviews

clinicteamdaygreatjobworkcompanyhour

Supportive, energetic team

Featured review

Shandy Clinic selected this as a representative review
Working at Shandy as a new grad has been such a wonderful experience. From day one, I had so many other therapists reaching out to help when needed or allowing me to observe to learn more about my patient's. You get to see such a wide variety of patient's anywhere from 1 years old to 21. I've been lucky to dig more into so many areas as a speech therapist such as literacy, AAC, articulation, and early intervention. It is a very fast-paced work environment which was exactly what I was looking for. In less than two years I have been given opportunities for growth, leadership, and learning more about desired topics. Starting as a CF with Shandy I had great leadership and mentors through the whole process and continue to always be around for questions. I personally love the bond our speech team has for collaborating, learning or presenting on new topics, and just talking through tricky cases. The communication between disciplines (OT, PT, ST, ABA) is a part of what makes Shandy stand out from other work environments, there is always someone to help or talk through behaviors, language, sensory needs, physical needs, etc.)

Pros

energetic team, fast-paced, great communication, 4-day work weeks, variety of patients, room for growth within the company

Cons

schedules change frequently, some additional trainings required for assessing literacy and feeding

February 4, 2022
First, thank you for providing such a thoughtful, comprehensive response on your experience with Shandy Clinic. We're glad to see that we've lived up to your expectations and quickly provided you growth and learning opportunities. That's the Shandy Clinic way and we are excited to keep investing in your future as a SLP!

Decline in company morale

Company was great when I started, but after it sold it went downhill with so many empty promises. High therapist turnover, so more demands were placed on those that stayed. Company did incentivize therapists with perfect day/week bonuses (a perfect week for an SLP was 64+ sessions).

Pros

4-10 hour days, interdisciplinary team

Cons

Medical insurance, compensation, lack of support

Shandy Clinic insights

• Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Energizing work tasks

Supportive Culture with open communication

I will always miss having this job because I never realized how organized and professional they are compared to other ABA clinics. The supervisors are always available for your support and you get constant feedback in whichever way you tell them you prefer. You always know how to improve and what you do well at when you work with your clients at the shandy clinic.

Pros

Payed lunches, off Fridays, supportive team, professional env

Cons

writing session notes on ipads

They’ll promise a lot but won’t deliver

This company is definitely going down and fast. They cut out a lot of benefits and have been closing centers and firing departments of people at a time. They also changed several policies to make it harder to take time off even if its an emergency. Doctor’s notes don't matter, so that absence is going to cost you your hours for the rest of the week. Your hours aren’t guaranteed for the week if you have to call out even if its for 15 minutes to fix a flat tire. And you’re definitely gonna want to hang on to those hours because you only accrue 1 hour of paid time off for every 30 hours you work. Management has no idea what's going on and they don’t provide support even when you ask for it. The kids are incredibly sweet but that's the only redeeming thing about this job. I worked at one of the locations and have filled in at many others for weeks at a time because the turn over is so bad but they keep bringing new clients on anyway. The pay isn't where it needs to be to make this huge inconvenience of a company worth working for. I would only recommend this place as a placeholder/temporary job so that you don’t have a gap in your resume before you jump to a better company. Things were great in the beginning and they’ll promise all these great upgrades and opportunities and rewards but none of it will come and if it does, it won’t be what was promised. I’m pretty disappointed that this place didn’t live up to the hype but at least I see it’s flaws in enough time to jump ship.

Fun place to work initially, great for new graduate

Shandy was a great place to work at initially, my direct teammates became my best friends. Great place to start off as a new graduate. However, staff turn-over is a problem right now hence the multiple openings in ST, OT, PT, admin, and patient schedulers. 10 hour days can be long and daunting but the 3 day weekends make up for it. PT and OT staff are given a 45 minute "admin time" for documentation however it is during your lunch and is not enough time to complete documentation impeding on your work-life balance. If you are good at documenting during patient appointments it works out however know that it impedes on the quality of care you can provide to your patients which goes against their company culture and motto. They don't have any clear good policies in place for behaviors such as biting, kicking, hitting and just have an incident report that never gets followed up on. Majority of your clients will have autism and behaviors which can be difficult to provide treatment to. Starting salaries are incredibly low compared to other companies (60k -low 70k range whereas other companies start at above 70k). Benefits are very poor with outrageously high deductibles and copays. The company has had two bouts of layoffs in the past year (the most recent one about 13 layoffs). They also got rid of their ABA program at one of the clinics and moved their administrators to work from home. All efforts to increase revenue and reduce finances. Our clinic manager told us it is expected that more big changes are coming and they are nervous as well. The company is pushing for high productivity -

Pros

3 day weekend, good coworkers, bonuses

Cons

Pay, benefits, productivity

Favoritism on behalf of certain BCBA

As a cohort member I encountered unequal treatment by my BCBA and lack of learning opportunities. My supervision contract was modified behind my back.

Pros

401k, Great team work with other RBTs, 3 day weekend

Cons

Low Pay, horrible benefits, hours are not provided to new BTs. Lack of proper training of New BT's

Poor compensation, transparency, but great 3 day weekends

I enjoy working at Shandy Clinic with my in clinic colleagues, they have become my best friends and combined with my patients, it was tough to leave. However, they claim to have competitive salaries when in comparison to other outpatient clinics, they are incredibly low at a starting of 66k. Most other companies are at 73k for starting salary. They claim to pay half of your health insurance however it is the lowest plan out of plans offered and all the plans are pretty poor. You get 3 day weekends which is nice, however are expected to complete all of your documentation within a 45 minute lunch or during treatments impeding on quality of care. if you can't do that, then expect to have a 2 day weekend because you will be busy completing documentation or coming into work early/late to complete documentation impeding on your ability to care for your own family.

Pros

3 day weekends

Cons

salary, taking documentation home so 3 day weekends really turn into 2 day weekends

August 1, 2022
Hello! Thank you so much for sharing this feedback, it is information like this that will support meaningful change for our team. We would love to speak to a few of your items and share our plan to improve. For compensation - we are in the process are conducting an in-depth market analysis when it comes to pay and benefits. Our compensation was based on our model of assuming ALL risks of cancelation. Since our teammates did not have any billable hour requirements, we were unable to compete with other companies in that realm. We are currently in the process of remodeling our pay structure and offering a higher salary with a minimum productivity requirement, along with an option to be paid per billed hour. Thank you for this feedback as it helps guide this change. We apologize that the benefits piece was not fully explained. While we do match 50% of monthly insurance, it is based on a bronze plan through United Health care, which we communicate during the interview process. Additionally, a benefit brochures with all plan options are shared before any offer to mitigate any confusion. We would love for you to reach out to our hiring manager – Joe Ancona (joe.ancona@shandyclinic.com) for additional feedback here. When it comes to documentation, we are so sorry to hear this was your experience. Out of the 10-hour workday, we do provide administrative time for documentation, but we understand that may not always be sufficient time. We encourage our team to reach out to their clinic manager and department heads for support if work/life balance becomes a concern. We are in the -

Ok

Very understanding and flexible. Not enough time to get what you need done and a stressful work environment. Management is ok and therapists are cliquey.

High turn-over rate and burn-out

I worked for the company for two years and experienced 4 different managers during my time with Shandy. The productivity bonuses are nice, but you work your tail off to get them. Patient population is hard to work with, especially for 10 hours per day. Lots of new grads and young professionals. Very minimal budget for continuing education. I did enjoy my co-workers.

Fantastic place to work

My experience at Shandy was unparalleled. The culture, work-life balance, clinical support, and encouragement for growth is what I was searching for in the ABA field and I feel so grateful to have found it.

August 1, 2022
Thank you so much for this feedback! We feel honored to be able to provide a strong culture for our ABA and clinical team!

Great Environment and Team

I was a PT student at Shandy and the team I was with was absolutely fabulous. Everyone in physical health and ABA was super supportive and I had a great experience.

Pros

4-day work week

March 25, 2022
Thank you for sharing your experience as a PT student! We're glad to hear that you had a wonderful time with our team. We might be biased but we think they're pretty great!

I enjoy the clinical staff I work with. It is a very fast paced settings with limited time for documentation due to day-of fillers.

I like working 10 hour days but the days are long. I have grown as a clinician due to the variety of clientele. Clinic management is awesome and supportive of clinic team.

Pros

3 day weekends, 401K matching, clean space

Cons

limited documentation time, monthly lunch meetings, limited PTO accrual

March 25, 2022
Thank you for sharing some detailed thoughts and experiences as an OT with Shandy Clinic. We're glad to hear that clinic management effectively supports you and your team!

Collaborative and supportive work environment

I really enjoy working at the Shandy Clinic and getting a chance to help change patient's lives every day. My peers are very supportive and the 4 day work week and 4 week PTO policy really helps contribute to a positive work life balance.

February 4, 2022
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience with Shandy Clinic! We're glad to hear about your positive experience with the organization!

Excellent coworkers, terrible benefits

I loved the people I worked with at the Shandy clinic. They have an amazing skill at finding good people to hire. Unfortunately they have difficulty retaining patients due to low pay, poor benefits, and over scheduling therapists. Many therapists have to take work home on weekends. The best pro of the company is that they are extremely family friendly and that they are extremely disability friendly and were always willing to accommodate my needs as someone with a disability.

Pros

Family and disability friendly. Flexible schedule

Cons

Too many patients in a day, no time for paperwork, terrible benefits

February 4, 2022
Thank you for sharing your experience as a PT. We're glad to hear that we're hiring good people, and are family and disability friendly. If there's anything we can do to improve your experience, we'd love to chat about it! Please email HR@shandyclinic.com and a member of our team will respond within one business day.

Great Support at a Growing Company

Shandy Clinic has been growing and has managed to maintain a focus on support for team members and quality programs for their patients. Base pay composition for team members could improve; however, the company does invest in quality clinic spaces. Co-workers are great, support is present at every level and the company offers a good work/life balance as compared to other companies. I would recommend Shandy as a great place to work unless you are looking for a mid-range to higher end salary or lower cost benefits.

Pros

Support, Work/Life Balance, Culture, Quality Care

Cons

Compensation, Benefits, Healthcare

December 8, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback! We are overly excited to hear you have felt a high level of support from the team. It is teammates like yourself who can continue to help us provide high-quality care to our families. We also appreciate you sharing the feedback on our compensation. While we believe our multidisciplinary collaboration, strong work/life balance, 4-day work week, and supportive culture do cover some of the ground missed in compensation, we understand we have room for growth in this area. Please feel free to share any additional areas you have enjoyed or that we can improve. Thank you again for your candid feedback.

great work family

i love my coworkers and the job guarantees 30 hours however the rate of pay is extremely low and they do not offer decent pay raises for the work you do.

Pros

fridays off

Cons

expensive healthcare, low pay

February 4, 2022
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and perspective on your experience as a RBT with Shandy Clinic. We're glad to hear that you're loving your work family!

Fun work place with good work life balance

I worked 4 10s. The clinic was a great environment with helpful employees. CEOs are new and trying their best. Hardest part of the job is a case load that fluctuates and working with a background noise of constant screaming. Best part was working with awesome co-workers who want you to succeed.

Pros

Fridays off, fun work environment

Cons

Not many opportunities to learn, little CEU compensation

February 4, 2022
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience as a PT with Shandy Clinic. We're glad to hear that the culture is up to snuff, and we'd welcome the opportunity to connect offline and gather your thoughts on expanding learning opportunities! Please email HR@shandyclinic.com and a member of our team will respond within one business day.

Great place to learn and grow as a professional and leader

The Shandy Clinic has been a wonderful place for me to grow as both a clinician and leader. I have been able to pursue interests and help contribute to specific programs based on my career goals (e.g. feeding, literacy, behavior management, AAC, etc.). The company is moving toward hiring more senior staff members to allow for mentors in these areas for younger team members, but also allows all team members to have the opportunity to lead and educate others (e.g. taking on students, presenting on areas of interest, etc.). Although insurance changes has shifted the model of the company slightly, the interdisciplinary approach taken at the Shandy Clinic is truly one of the best things about the job. Being able to collaborate with ABA, PT, OT, Psych, and Speech has taught me valuable information and skills that I am able to apply to so many patients and has made me a better therapist. The new ownership is actively moving the company in a healthy directions for growth and sustainability and I couldn't be more excited to see what the company will be able to offer in the future. Naturally, some growing pains happen here and there, but overall I would say that Shandy has great opportunities.

Pros

Interdisciplinary collaboration, 3-day weekends, energetic/social culture, positive outlook from CEOs

Cons

Caseload can be demanding with young age and/or behavioral kids

February 4, 2022
Thank you for sharing your perspective and insights! We too are excited about the direction of the organization and look forward to continued investment in your professional growth!

Overall I enjoyed my time

I worked at the Shandy Clinic for 6 months. I met some really great people and learned so much in this job. The only complaint I had was the compensation was not anywhere near what it needed to be for the amount of work an RBT put in for that position.

Pros

Good work life balance on weekends

Cons

Compensation

February 4, 2022
Thank you for sharing your experience with Shandy Clinic. We're glad to read that you enjoyed your time with the organization!

Strong commitment to staff by management and leadership and positive work culture

I love working at the Shandy Clinic. My supervisors make sure that I feel valued for the skills I bring to the team. Schedule is 4 ten hour days and this maximizes the work-life balance.

Pros

Culture, commitment to mission, unwavering support

February 4, 2022
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and perspective on your role with Shandy Clinic! We're honored to hear that management is committed to leading the team and creating a positive work culture!

All about the kids & team!

The kids, families and team are what I love here. This is a fast paced, upbeat work environment, with excellent job training. Ask for additional training when beginning. The workplace "professionalism" is very young, can and will feel a bit hard to fit in and do steer clear of all the gossip. Great place to get experience if you are out of school or new to Peds. Long term with Shandy is unrealistic and will lead to burnout. New CEO's are making a concerted effort to take care of the "Shandy Family" with restructuring an outgrown business model. Raises are a recurring mantra needed for increased retention of staff, they are coming and will be interesting to see how competitive they are to other Peds clinics. Productivity model feels unsuccessful, breeds competition, and can make it near impossible to stay on top of documentation/progress reports for therapists, thus creating general stress. Expect to volunteer 2-4 hours a week to complete your job well. Hope is on the horizon with the CEO's, yet feel mixed to recommend anyone I know to work here.

Pros

Excellent training, kids/families, learning/growth, In- service trainings, supportive team.

Cons

Lots of documentation, pay, benefits, unrealistic work expectations, gossip, 10 hour shifts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shandy Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Shandy Clinic with

Shandy Clinic reviews by popular job title

• Shandy Clinic
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?