SHANGO Employee Reviews

Overall experience here was satisfactory.
Cult Tech (Former Employee) –  Las VegasAugust 2, 2019
They were the best of times, they were the worst of times. Shango overall wasn't too bad. I learned many things from hands on experience and observation.
Horrible place to work
Budtender (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 17, 2019
Management plays favoritism. New employees get paid nothing, they gave us a pay cut, the weed we sold was over priced and dry, the grow room was infested, and the dispensary manager came into work high off pills acting crazy.
The people were awesome the owner was not
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ORFebruary 4, 2019
This was a fun place to work. The downside was that you weren’t treated as a valued employee by the owner. The working conditions were aweful. They literally wouldn’t purchase any tools needed to complete any task. You were told that you had to bring your own chair to work.
Pros
The people you work with were awesome
Cons
You feel like a slave.
Horrible Management
Budtender (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORDecember 7, 2018
I loved the entire idea of budtending, until i worked there. Let's just say, they'd rather you be homeless than finding a place to live. I had talked to them about needing time to find an apartment, but since i worked 0900 to 1700 Mon to Fri, it's kind of hard to have a meeting with a real estate agent. They said it was fine, and gave me a day. You find a place to live in one day. It's not really easy. So, I took 3. They called me in on the third and told me they couldn't have that, gave me my final check and told me to leave. Btw, the employees were just awful. You're supposed to like going to work, not hear people talking about you through paper thin walls. Well, I'm just glad I moved on. The store was shut down and replaced less than a year later.
Pros
Great customers and product knowledge
Cons
Bad Employees and Management
Great place to work just curtain management need to change
Maintenance/Custodian (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 20, 2017
When I worked i would have people who weren't my boss telling me what i can and cannot due, couldn't use phone to contact actual manager, I was over worked and under appreciated, They were inconsistent with keeping a consistent schedule, the people i'd work with were great
Pros
reimbursed your lunch, pay is great, insurance is great from what I heard
Cons
Overworked, expected to much from one person, manager wont defend you
Compensation is the biggest and pretty much only bonus, but now Shango has got rid of the Trim department.
Cultivator (Former Employee) –  4380 S. Boulder HwyJuly 12, 2017
When I started there it was called NevadaPure and it was ran quite a bit different. In terms of overall care for the customers and employees, they always (I felt) went above and beyond. After the company's change of hand and investors they got a new image.
Great People and fun work
Production Trimmer (Current Employee) –  Canby, ORDecember 20, 2016
Everyone who works at Shango is very friendly and although the trimming can get a but tedious it is always fun to be part of such a great network. My only negative thing I can say about working here is that the commute is a killer! Still absolutely worth every second.
Great team
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORApril 30, 2016
I love working for the guys at Shango. They're a great team of guys and we can get a whole lot done in not a lot of time. We would usually work from 8 in the morning to as late as 9 to sometimes 12 at night
Pros
Amazing work environment
Cons
Could get stressful at points