SHANNON HEALTH Employee Reviews

Positive work environment, like a family
Business Office (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMarch 13, 2018
Like any job, there are going to be stressful days and stressful weeks, but who you work with makes or breaks a job. I love the crew I run with and we pull through together. We get mad at each other sometimes but most of the time we are laughing. The work itself can be stressful, and admin does expect a lot, but they are also constantly aware and ready to reward in big and small ways. They are truly looking out for us and I appreciate their effort to listen to employee feedback through regular surveys done on SurveyMonkey. I would argue it’s one of the best large companies to work for in San Angelo.
Pros
Annual raises, incentive pay, disc on health ins with good health and a non smoker, payroll deduct, disc on diapers and with cell phone companies
Cons
Moderately stressful to highly stressful depending on department, coworkers can sometimes hurt the environment
Unhealthy environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  ClinicMarch 5, 2018
Management micomanages. They don't like overtime but won't staff you with people that can do the job. Expect way to much in to little time. They do not make everyone follow their rules. If you are liked, suck up to management or fit in their clique, you are going to like it. Otherwise, good luck
Pros
Free lunches
shannon needs to really know the people they hire.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXOctober 17, 2017
I worked at Shannon EKG department the supervisor at my interview painted a pretty picture but when working with her she is very rude not nice at all..
Poor salary
LVN Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXDecember 30, 2016
Not competitive salaries, holidays reduced for staff.
Long hours 13+
Great coworkers
Poor management
Limited educational options
Favoritism
Fair benefits
Pros
Benefits decent
Cons
Healthcare
office clerk
Hospital codder/ business office clerk (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJanuary 26, 2016
I was responsible for working and sorting tickets and
verifying insurance and customers accounts. Then the tickets would be sorted to the coders.
Pros
flexablity
Needs to upgrade
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXSeptember 2, 2015
They are way behind in the software and performance of position with being bogged down with paper trail. Very little is merged into a reliable software program. IT not up to speed on programs merging medical records and clinic info for patients. Very friendly staff and coworkers. Not a whole lot of team support in the area where I work. Lots of chiefs and not enough indians!
Pros
Extremely busy and day goes by fast!
Cons
Team effort and adversity between LVNs/CMA's and receptionists.