Sharecare Inc Employee Reviews

Great work environment and people
Release of Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 8, 2018
Reviewed and released medical records for specific requested information under HIPAA and CRIS guidelines. I furthered my knowledge of medical records, business, and customer service experience. The management is always available for any concern or issue and is prompt with correct information for the given scenario. The culture of the position is diverse and enjoyable with great benefits and a positive work environment.
Sharecare Environment
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 27, 2018
This is a fun place to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a group of people who love what they do just as I do. The Leadership team is great.
N/a
Sr. Health Promotions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 16, 2018
I am thankful for the opportunity to leave. Not sure if sharecare has an appreciation for population health employees. Perhaps they should remain an IT company only
November 19, 2018

As with all of our business units, we're very proud of the contributions from our Population Health colleagues. We'd suggest you route specific feedback you have about your role to your leader or HR partner - it's important to us that your voice is heard. Thank you!

Productive and fun, an opportunity to help others with their well-being
Community Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 8, 2018
Great culture, great leadership, everyone is very mission driven to help others with their well-being. I work for Blue Zones Project which is totally separate from the high tech portion of the company.
Pros
Opportunity to work in the community
Cons
healthcare
November 19, 2018

First, many thanks for the very important work you do! And, of course, thanks for taking the time to review. We're very proud of the impact our Blue Zones Project team members have on their communities. Much appreciation for your valuable contributions.

understaffed and chaotic office environment
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 31, 2018
No organization on projects. No PMO
Upward mobility is prohibited as there are too many loose ends to be tied and no structure in place.
Their healthcare tool is still being built as they are rolling out and implementing to major health care clients. Not enough resources to meet the client's demands. Not a good sign.
Pros
Free water and stand up desks
Fast paced, challenging work and lots of change.
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNOctober 27, 2018
Challenging work with opportunities to grow and step outside of your comfort zone. Colleagues have the ability to move throughout the company and work in different departments. Managers understand the need for work-life balance. You will get lots of feedback on your performance and the teams you manage. Great place to develop broad set of Management skills. Not a place where you can coast under the radar as everyone is contributing. If you are slacking or not keeping up it is apparent.
Pros
Growth opportunities, strong leadership, everyday is different
Cons
If you don't like change it will be hard to succeed
November 19, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and certainly thank you for your contributions as a leader. We're thrilled to hear that you recognize that at Sharecare, everyone has a chance to contribute. It's so important our employees understand that and truly feel they can make a difference. Thanks again for being a part of our fabulous leadership team. Best of luck to you on your continued success and growth at Sharecare.

Bad Management
Direct Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 5, 2018
The office is just ugh they elect you to work when they want and need you but the minute yuu take sick it’s a problem. They tell yuu one thug and they get mad when you don’t want especially workers in office
Cons
Stafff
An OK place to work
SENIOR HEALTH PROMOTION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 27, 2018
This was an okay place to work. They like to be secretive when making big shifts that effect people/jobs. Other than that, the people are really nice and they have some good benefits.
November 19, 2018

Thanks for writing a review! It sounds like you may no longer be on our team, and we do wish you luck. We also hope that you provided feedback to your leader on how we can better communicate, as clear communication is something we strive for and always like to hear our colleagues' perspective.

Best Place I've Been Using My Degree
Wellbeing Coach (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 31, 2018
Sharecare has been a great place. I have a degree in Exercise Science and a cert as a CPT. It's been the best place to work using my skills. You talk to people about their health and wellness, help them set goals and a plan. The call load gets a bit much sometimes and you have to learn your contract but there is never a lack of support. It has ups and downs, like all places. They encourage growth and health. Management is great as far as I know. Because the company is growing so fast there are some bumps, bu they get worked out. I now have the opp to work from home which is great for my family life. Try it out, ask them questions. Its a great place to grow and use as a tool to get better at your craft and then step out.The hardest part of the job for me is not always getting to check back in with someone to see how they are doing. You can get attached to your members because they really love their coaches.
Pros
Great food, support, money
Cons
Some callers have attitudes, lots of contract changes
Stressful
Release of Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHAugust 29, 2018
Stressful working conditions. Constantly working and not enough time with family. Coworkers were not very helpful. Too many attitude problems and poor training.
was a great company to work for until bactes was bought out by sharecare
Release of Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAAugust 28, 2018
once sharecare took over commission checks went way down!

Great top managers and ceo, mid level managers not so great.

A lot of people quitting and moving on to other jobs and companies since the change.
Pros
Christmas party, some perks here and there, great CEO
Cons
commission, management, favoritism
Backbiting, Catty Work Environment
ROI Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 24, 2018
This company has potential but the management can be petty. Employees make petty complaints and the managers do not know how to seperate foolish complaints from real compliants that may need attention.

Instead of dealing with the trouble-maker, for petty complaints, and divisive behavior they either ignore it or make up petty rules to appease them. They will also keep them aboard as long as they produce work and due to HIGH turnover. This makes it a very uncomfortable workplace for a mature person.

If you are a person who mind your business, not willing to be a part of a clique and office politics you will not be happy as this job. This job is not recommended for anyone over 25 years old.
Pros
Potential To Be A Great Workplace, Benefits
Cons
Poor Management, Very Catty Employees
Ok entry level job
Health Coach (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 22, 2018
You really have to enjoy working in a call center environment to like what you do. Being a health coach is great but the opportunity for advancement and raises are slim to none. The work environment and people you work with are great.
Gets you by but not much more to it
Senior ROI (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 2, 2018
While I am glad I gained processing and medical record knowledge I desired more room to grow. I am disappointed in the company culture and requirement of overtime. I seek a career with a company that fosters a good work home balance and an abundance of growth opportunities within the company.
Pros
Can listen to motivational content over headphones
Cons
micromanagement, mandatory over time, no room for growth.
No appreciation for hard work - totally a popularity contest
Credit/Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92123June 30, 2018
Hard work and extra effort are not appreciated. If the manager doesn't like you, you may as well quit. After five months of very conscientious and detail-oriented performance, my contract there was unceremoniously terminated. The manager who took over halfway through my employment there never said a word to me at any time while I was there.
Senior Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2018
Was a good place to work for. Nice environment and culture. Flexible work available. 1-2 days to work from home. Breakfast and Lunch every week. Coffee, drinks, snacks all day long.
Given exceptional autonomy and reliance on my experience
Sr. Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 4, 2018
Although there was no provision for career advancement, the work culture was excellent and management was supportive. I was given a great deal of autonomy and freedom to move forward with development in my position, which I believe could have expanded in scope and served in a greater capacity within the company if given the opportunity to move beyond the initial project I supported.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Benefits geared toward younger employees
Modern culture with a fun mission.
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 22, 2018
Sharecare is a great company to work for with a fun culture and mission- to promote health and well-being! The company is forward thinking with a heavy digital platform- great place to work if you are passionate about these topics or want to be a part of innovative technology. Since healthy lifestyles are encouraged, you often see people onsite wearing work out clothes, walking around the building for exercise, and utilizing our gym. Incentives are in place to win prizes for living a healthy lifestyle and utilizing the Sharecare app. Work/life balance is encouraged and management is flexible as long as work is being completed. Environment is open cube- you don't see management in "closed door" offices. Emails and newsletters go out frequently to inform employees of trending topics, new initiatives, updates, etc. There are two main offices; Atlanta and Franklin (Nashville)- the company creates good effort to merge the two and not act as separate entities. There is still work to be done to function as one unit, but progress has definitely been made.
Pros
Work/life balance, office building and location, casual dress code, cafe and Starbucks onsite, security onsite, HSA seeding.
Cons
Minimal contribution to 401k, high deductible health insurance plans, Pto.
A young company with tremendous potential
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 21, 2018
This company continues to grow at a fast pace, which is exciting. However, if you've ever been a part of company that has acquired other businesses and/or moved at lightning speed, you know those factors can bring challenges. But if you're energized by change, you'll be motivated by the environment at Sharecare. Also, the sky is the limit on growth potential, though the career path may not necessarily be clearly laid out in front of you. With leadership support and hard work, you're the driver and you can really go as far as you'd like, and in the direction you'd like. It's a great time to be a part of Sharecare, as you have the opportunity to have an influence on the evolving culture, and to be a part of positively impacting health journeys of people around the world.
Pros
Innovative, gaining traction in the industry, strong purpose
Cons
Rapid growth has impacted communication; lots of people still trying to understand who does what
Long term career advancement and great work life balance!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 21, 2018
Sharecare is a great company to work at if you are interested in long term career growth. I have been promoted twice in the less than 4 years I have been with the company. They offer stretch roles to their top performers on a regular basis. They allow work from home opportunities to help you balance your personal life with your professional life. We run lean so you do have a lot of work on your plate but not so much that you can't get it done during your typical work week if you put your head down and focus! I have always felt like they cared about me as a person- cards and flowers for my birthday, work anniversary, etc.

The only area I can think of that could be improved is the 401k match and adding a low deductible health insurance option but that is the route most companies are going these days. Overall, I think it is a great place to work, enjoy coming to work every week, and plan to stay here long term!
Pros
Work from home opportunities, casual dress code, internal promotions, tuition reimbursement.
Cons
high deductible health insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sharecare Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight