Shari's Cafe and Pies Employee Reviews

it sucks place to work but good for a first job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 8, 2018
its a chain restaurant so expect to deal with corporate and everything that comes along with that also if your boh dont expect to get any tips and work for about a dollar more than the servers
Pros
free lunch up to 10 dollars
Cons
bad hours bad managment
Sharia cafe and pies
DMO (Former Employee) –  Beaverton OROctober 8, 2018
It’s a great friendly environment. Especially for a first job, it will teach you to handle hard work. Management always found a way to give desired work hours and became consistent after a while of working
Fast paced, family friendly and enjoyable restaurant atmosphere.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORSeptember 30, 2018
As a 24-hour restaurant the menu was extensive with a variety of food choices. Most of the servers had fun working together, making management fun and easy.
Pros
Straight forward company to work for.
Cons
Management hours were salary and on several occasions I worked 16 hour shifts.
Worst Place I’ve ever worked!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 30, 2018
If your looking to work like a slave this is the right place. Way under staffed, long hours, untrained staff and the worst upper management I’ve ever seen.
Pros
Cons
Everything about this company is a con!
Miss my co-workers
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 28, 2018
My co-workers were the best to work with. The manager of the store was great but the regional manager was not easy to work with unless you were her favorite.
could be better
Line Cook- Breakfest-Lunch-Dinner (Current Employee) –  OregonSeptember 20, 2018
do not get sucked in to this place its just not worth it. They lie about reviews and pay levels. place is always dirty. servers are some of the greedy in the industry never tip out the busser or dishwashers.
Can be fun to work there but also stay professional
Server/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kent, WASeptember 14, 2018
The location definitely can be fun but most times chaotic. I would recommend that management crack down on the slack of some employees and become a little bit more strict on just standing around when cleaning can be done, and another note is that i have seen many servers on their phone in plain sight of a guest and did not seem to care.
Pros
Fun, 1/2 off food, makes friends
Cons
Lazy, lack respect when under stress, on phones way too much.
Productive and exciting place to work
Cook/Cook Trainer (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDSeptember 10, 2018
I love this company and working for it. I have worked at 3 different locations because I enjoy the quick pace, friendly staff, and, of course, the great food!
Pros
Meal compensation/discounts
Cons
Not a set schedule
It Was Work
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WASeptember 5, 2018
It was a fast paced job with a good assistant manager and a not so good manager. I worked graveyard but then corporate shut down that shift and I was put into opening shifts with no real training from the manger who motto is showing up is 905 OF THE JOB.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Productivity of the workplace at Sheris
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAAugust 30, 2018
it was a typical day working at Sheri's, and that i feel that i could have done better but working at Sheri's was all new too me and that i think i should have studied they're menu setup instead of going off what i know of a menu setup. management was flexible for me and working for me but i was too stubborn to follow they're menu setup. the workplace culture was a good environment to work at. the hardest part of working at Sheri's was trying to keep up with the orders of the food and multitasking. the most enjoyable part of working there was getting the free food.

Want to know more about Shari's Cafe and Pies?

Ask a question
Unpredictable working conditions
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 27, 2018
I have Worked for Sharis Cafe and pies on multiple occasions now. I have worked every position from DMO all the way up the ranks to Assistant Manager. My best times at sharis have been as a server and overall I would be willing to be a server again. As a part of the management team though I found my job to be very challenging. As a assistant the company will move you around to different locations with out consulting you about it first. This could be a good move or a bad move depending how your management style fits with the rest of the management team.They also currently are unwilling to pay overtime to their hourly employee so as management on salary it is your responsibility to make sure that staff members that are getting close to over time are cut early and sent home regardless of the needs of the store. This leave the rest of the crew and the management to pick up the extra work left behind by the employee that was sent home early. This can also lead to very long work days. Lets say a cook calls in for his/her shift but the other available cooks would go into overtime if they came into cover the shift. In this case the management is expected to work the shift with out calling anyone in to cover. This prevents you from being on the floor to help with guests and make sure the store is running smoothly. If you are required to pick up extra shifts due to lack of staff or because you are trying to avoid staff going into overtime you are not compensated for your time. They will not offer any extra pay for the extra time spent and they do not offer any extra time off to balance  more... out the extra time working.  less
Pros
Free Emp Meals
Cons
Poor work/life balance
Job for anyone
Cook/ dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAAugust 23, 2018
Overall a fun place to work. Staff is friendly Management kind of questionable but still friendly. Good place for those who've never worked in a food industry.
Pros
Free meals for BOH, breaks, lunches
Cons
Lack of hours often
Hard
Server/Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAAugust 19, 2018
Bad morale all around. Half the team members don't finish their job and leave it for the next person. Not a lot of teamwork between the team members. Cooks are slow and always needing help by management, so in turn management is unable to support the rest of the store
Good working envirenment
Cook and Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAAugust 15, 2018
Good Place to work. Great team.
Great Management
Easy going environment
laid back personalities
they are willing to learn and adapt for their customers
Good with people
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEAugust 14, 2018
I really like the job. When I work they are nice to me and they do not arguing with people and they are good people at the work place they do not play favoritism
Loved working at sharis cafe & pies!
Dish machine operator (Former Employee) –  Kelso, WAJuly 30, 2018
Overall I enjoyed working at sharis very much. You become close to your coworkers and management feel like family as well. Everyone works hard equally for the most part. Great discounts and pay.
Pros
Lunches, getting to know regulars, relationship with coworkers
Cons
Can be fast paced non stop at times
nope
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 23, 2018
Hot kitchen, low pay, over worked, understaffed. And that's just BOH. Poorly trained servers are rushed constantly adding to the stressful, high paced rush times.
Pros
Free Pie !
Cons
its food service....
Helped me when I needed it.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, ORJuly 16, 2018
Shari's has provided me with a steady income for 2+ years now. I will always appreciate the skills I learned there. The most enjoyable part of the job is the steady, continuous work.
All in All awesome place to work
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORJuly 12, 2018
like I said just an awesome place to work the people I worked with are like family and are still like family management was good. Just reducing their hours a week that they work to one day a week is b*******terrible treatment of Veteran employees at Sheri's
Pros
Food, people
Cons
Horrible treatment of the older employees the ones that have been there is terrible
Fun place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 5, 2018
If i did not have to leave due to back issues i would still be there. They are family oriented. As long as you do your job management is happy. Works with your schedule
Pros
Hours, money, great place to work
Cons
Bad management at willows pond

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shari's Cafe and Pies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight