SharkNinja Employee Reviews

a great place to hone csr skills
Sales /Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 14, 2018
inbound calls were steady so idle time was a premium. the variety of products offered by them meant that no 2 calls were the same. management always encouraged that we adhere to QA standards in order to be at a peak performance. our workplace culture was diversified. the hardest part of the job was dealing with abrasive callers; trying to remain cordial wasn't always easy but can be achieved. the most enjoyable part was speaking with satisfied or repeat customers who shared their satisfaction with product.
Pros
their willingness to allow adjustments in schedules when life problems occurred
Cons
none that impacted me
Toxic and dysfunctional working environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Needham, MASeptember 28, 2018
This was the most toxic and demoralizing work environment that I have ever encountered. There is absolutely zero work life balance and you are shamed if you do put your family first by leaving the office at a normal time. You are expected to make this company your life, but they do not have the reciprocal care for their employees. I have seen intelligent loyal employees fired with no real reason to justify the firing more times than I was able to count. Public berating (in hallways, meetings, the reception area) happen too often and nobody sticks up for anyone else in fear that it will happen to them. Work is routinely taken by managers and passed off as their own. A ridiculous amount of time is spent in meetings to prepare for other meetings and there is little time to actually get work done. This company is the epitome of dysfunctional.

Do not come here if you are looking for a company that is respectful or well run in any way. Don't let the good pay fool you - there is a reason that they pay well. It is not worth the pay to let your entire life and career suffer.
Pros
Free food and free products
Cons
Everything else
Very Fun workplace
Shipping Manager (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJuly 30, 2018
In the morning I will never forget we(150 plus people) would meet and go over our numbers and goals. It kept us thriving for more and it also kept us informed on how we are doing as a whole.
Pros
Alot of overtime
Cons
No discounts on product
Productive & collaborative workplace
Unloader/Loader (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJuly 30, 2018
Topical work
I learned how to unload/load properly
Manager was very open
Workplace was organized and clean
Hardest part of the job is in the beginning learning how to use the scanners
Hit or miss
SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJuly 22, 2018
Worked there for 4 years. Great company if you are a favorite for the right few people. I have seen people with great talent held back and people with no talent/experience given promotions for the reasons I don't understand or in some cases don't want to say. To be fair I have seen people with a lot of talent given amazing opportunities too. I guess it depends on who you work for and your manager. I didn't have a good one for a long time and it didn't matter after that.

Great pay. Dynamic culture. you will learn a lot. If you are willing to put in the effort and are reporting to the right people, your career will be catapulted. If not, well you will be just one more person.

Consumer focussed and excellent products. They truly positively impact people.

People there complain about wasted time in meetings etc. I have seen and seeing worse. So, work culture is good and they are very competent. They just have to stop their favoritism and give everyone equal chances.
Fast paced, competitive work environment
Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAJuly 8, 2018
Fast paced work environment with great cross functional collaboration. Very competitive and can be stressful working there, but a lot of room for advancement and opportunities to grow if willing to put up with the long hours and rapid change it direction.
Good Place for Work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAApril 18, 2018
It is a good place to work, you exercise with your work, it is very easy to do it, the people who work there are mostly friendly and the HR area prepares very interesting activities for the festivities
Poor Managment
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAApril 2, 2018
If you have a family then this is not the job for you. If your into:

Back stabbing
Being talked down to
Discriminated for having a family
Poor communication from managment
Work 9+ hours a day
Lack of team enviorment

This is the company for you.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Management and Trust
Fun environment to work in
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAFebruary 5, 2018
I enjoyed working for shark Ninja management was respectful and it’s a overall good work environment just low pay was the only con. My coworkers were also all very easy to get along and work with.
Pros
Clean workplace
Cons
Low pay
Poor
warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJanuary 22, 2018
Management was very poor. Outbound manager had no idea what he was doing and never took the time to learn anything, as well as the general manager. Human resources was always rude. Dont recommend it
N/a
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJanuary 16, 2018
SharkNinja is face paced, but a great place to learn the real world and get experience. I wouldn't recommend staying over a year or 2, or you kind of lose sense of what a normal paced company is.
Great pay. Lacks strong leadership.
N/A (Current Employee) –  Needham, MANovember 27, 2017
Great pay. Lacks strong leadership.Love the products and the people I work with. Need more innovative leadership.Need stronger leadership in HR functions.
Productive workplace
Logistics Coordinator, Shipping Department Lead (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAOctober 11, 2017
Schedule all outbound shipments with carriers on a daily basis. Help out with dispatching drivers to doors to be loaded. Help with working the main window: This includes checking in and out truck drivers for Inbound and Outbound loads, inputting information into computer system, and printing all BOL's needed for all outbound loads, schedule LTL loads daily with carriers such as Roadway, Fedex freight, Roadrunner, ABF, Central Freight, etc.
Pros
Friendly associates
Cons
Lack of leadership and management is inexperienced
good place to work
Day Operations Plant Supervisor, Euro-Pro NC (Current Employee) –  Spruce Pine, NC 28777September 20, 2017
A fast pace work day, when you could change tasks in a second. I learned the meaning of team. The management was ok somethings. The work culture was friendly.
Lovely
Part-time jobs (Former Employee) –  LondonSeptember 19, 2017
Loved traveling to multiple locations, the management was great, really liked the fact that it was interactive with customers. overall loved every minute working there.
Pros
Everything.
Employees are friendly
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chino, CASeptember 6, 2017
I found working here is that the employees make it a great environment to work in. However, management is very difficult to work with they do not consider employee input and make the employees job harder. Management looks down on their employees instead of considering that someone that has years in the same field ( with no degree ) may have excellent insights. There is a clear separation of employees and management, you will have a great and happy environment until upper management comes in and feel the tension right away.
Pros
Great pay, employee incentives are available.
Cons
Management is a mess, no real leadership, employee voices are not considered and advancement is difficult.
Accounting Manager and FP&A Manager (Former Employee) –  Newton, MASeptember 2, 2017
Great place to work still have friend that work there only left due to change in CFO Accounting/Finance Management. Would highly recommend the company which is still growing with in the Home Housewares industry and has changed it's name to SharkNinja.
Pros
Good benefits and growing company
Cons
Highly stressful
Good products but no plan for this facility
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJune 5, 2017
Not sure where the operation is going. Only distribution center that isn't 3rd party but there is no sense of long-term direction. You just kind of show up each day and do the job. Some employees are paying attention to this and some just show up and enjoy their time with their clique. Too much favoritism and no HR in the building to keep the drama away.
love it here
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAApril 25, 2017
i love working with the team at sharkninja LLC. they are all wonderful intelligent people with a good head on their shoulders. i look forward to the next workshop.
days
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAApril 10, 2017
Due to the inconsistency in the retail market our work goes up and down and affects employees under hourly pay. Other than that its a great company to work for. Could use a bit of better management.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
short hours during low season

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SharkNinja. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.6InHerSight Score

1.3Personal Development

1.6Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight