SharkNinja Employee Reviews

Very unique place to work
Director of Consumer Insights - Ninja Brand (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAOctober 21, 2019
SharkNinja is a very fast moving, dynamic company where there is a lot of iteration constantly to improve the product offerings. High involvement from the senior leaders in each project.
Pros
Benefits and salary on the high side
Not a pleasure experience
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Chino, CA 91708September 6, 2019
SharkNinja taught me a lot. It taught me many skills that I can now put to use elsewhere, but they are unprofessional, they do not care about the workers, only about getting the job done/metrics. I always tried my best to shine and to show that I wasn't your average worker and was noticed for that but the prefer favouritism.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Unprofessional
Stressful.
Order Puller / picker (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJuly 16, 2019
Management treats their employees like they dont matter. Turn over is a big problem. Cost of living and pay don't line up. Job security feels like a non factor.
Challenging work environment
Director (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAJune 27, 2019
the work/life balance is a struggle and most of the time you feel under appreciated by management. There are no incentives for working hard and going above and beyond.
Friedly relaxed and collaborative environment . Great facility and accomodations, I was a. Onsultant and was treated with great respect.
PLM Consultant (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAMay 6, 2019
Where I worked was the test kitchen and in the conference rooms would be collaborative meetings between Engineering, Industrial Design and Marketing to develop the newest products. It was a lot of fun and very productive
Pros
Free coffee etc, plus plenty of lunchtime meetings and a chance to be an active contributor
Cons
I did not experience any cons.
Run till burn out
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAApril 23, 2019
Good in the beginning until you get burned out. Lots of meetings with constant changing priorities.

Lots of re-orgs and employee turnover is higher than most.
Co-workers were fun, but not Management
Lead Support (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAApril 9, 2019
There were to many issues and HR reacting before finding out the entire situation. Management wouldn't make any decisions on there own with HR. One Manager was never around.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Good place to work at but not for me
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAApril 4, 2019
Good job but not for me lots of good workers good miss treated and supervisor tells people to leave when ever they want to leave also people stay more than 12 overs with small pay
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Good breaks
N/a
Auditor/ Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAFebruary 21, 2019
I enjoyed working and learning valuable traits. I was able to create a product that is in stores currently. I would enjoy working there again if offered a chance.
Productive workplace during peak
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAFebruary 13, 2019
Focused a lot on being as productive as possible during peak it’s very fast paced. Very important to manage work flow and still be productive when it’s not peak season oversee 50-100 associates. Ensure all loads are being shipped correctly and completing reports and productivity for all associates at the end of the shift.
Benefits
Cons
Moral is very low
One of the worst places to work in Boston area
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 13, 2019
All over the place. They have had so many restructures, senior people leaving abruptly, that there is no ability for continuity. A recent shake up in Marketing is likely the 4th time this has happened in very short number of years. New hire leading strategy is 100% over his head and has destroyed what little culture there was before he arrived. Do yourself and favor and keep looking.
Pros
Pay is good....but has to be to support the awful working conditions.
Cons
Leadership is lost. Blame the rank and file. The buck stops with you, not the SVPs.
a great place to hone csr skills
Sales /Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 14, 2018
inbound calls were steady so idle time was a premium. the variety of products offered by them meant that no 2 calls were the same. management always encouraged that we adhere to QA standards in order to be at a peak performance. our workplace culture was diversified. the hardest part of the job was dealing with abrasive callers; trying to remain cordial wasn't always easy but can be achieved. the most enjoyable part was speaking with satisfied or repeat customers who shared their satisfaction with product.
Pros
their willingness to allow adjustments in schedules when life problems occurred
Cons
none that impacted me
Bitter Sweet
Lead teams (Former Employee) –  Chino, CANovember 4, 2018
As a team lead, I would start between 4 and 5:30am. I'd leave by 3 and 4 pm. I received full training as the company was fairly new. All other associates just receive basic training within a day. I believe in teaching others what one knows. Giving and receiving feedback drives me to become better and make others better. I enjoyed working with Shark Ninja, but found a better opportunity and the hours are not as long. Though, since I've left the company I've heard its changed and most of the supervisors, whom I believe are exceptionally great leaders, have left due to unknown reasons and unfairness.
Pros
Good pay, easy job
Cons
Bitter people, short hours when work is slow
Toxic and dysfunctional working environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Needham, MASeptember 28, 2018
This was the most toxic and demoralizing work environment that I have ever encountered. There is absolutely zero work life balance and you are shamed if you do put your family first by leaving the office at a normal time. You are expected to make this company your life, but they do not have the reciprocal care for their employees. I have seen intelligent loyal employees fired with no real reason to justify the firing more times than I was able to count. Public berating (in hallways, meetings, the reception area) happen too often and nobody sticks up for anyone else in fear that it will happen to them. Work is routinely taken by managers and passed off as their own. A ridiculous amount of time is spent in meetings to prepare for other meetings and there is little time to actually get work done. This company is the epitome of dysfunctional.

Do not come here if you are looking for a company that is respectful or well run in any way. Don't let the good pay fool you - there is a reason that they pay well. It is not worth the pay to let your entire life and career suffer.
Pros
Free food and free products
Cons
Everything else
Very Fun workplace
Shipping Manager (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJuly 30, 2018
In the morning I will never forget we(150 plus people) would meet and go over our numbers and goals. It kept us thriving for more and it also kept us informed on how we are doing as a whole.
Pros
Alot of overtime
Cons
No discounts on product
Productive & collaborative workplace
Unloader/Loader (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJuly 30, 2018
Topical work
I learned how to unload/load properly
Manager was very open
Workplace was organized and clean
Hardest part of the job is in the beginning learning how to use the scanners
Hit or miss
SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJuly 22, 2018
Worked there for 4 years. Great company if you are a favorite for the right few people. I have seen people with great talent held back and people with no talent/experience given promotions for the reasons I don't understand or in some cases don't want to say. To be fair I have seen people with a lot of talent given amazing opportunities too. I guess it depends on who you work for and your manager. I didn't have a good one for a long time and it didn't matter after that.

Great pay. Dynamic culture. you will learn a lot. If you are willing to put in the effort and are reporting to the right people, your career will be catapulted. If not, well you will be just one more person.

Consumer focussed and excellent products. They truly positively impact people.

People there complain about wasted time in meetings etc. I have seen and seeing worse. So, work culture is good and they are very competent. They just have to stop their favoritism and give everyone equal chances.
Fast paced, competitive work environment
Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAJuly 8, 2018
Fast paced work environment with great cross functional collaboration. Very competitive and can be stressful working there, but a lot of room for advancement and opportunities to grow if willing to put up with the long hours and rapid change it direction.
Good Place for Work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAApril 18, 2018
It is a good place to work, you exercise with your work, it is very easy to do it, the people who work there are mostly friendly and the HR area prepares very interesting activities for the festivities
Poor Managment
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAApril 2, 2018
If you have a family then this is not the job for you. If your into:

Back stabbing
Being talked down to
Discriminated for having a family
Poor communication from managment
Work 9+ hours a day
Lack of team enviorment

This is the company for you.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Management and Trust

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SharkNinja. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

1.7Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight