Sharonview Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Awesome Place to Work
Member Experience Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 5, 2018
Very great work-life balance. The culture is amazing! The management actually cares about the work environment. And the benefits are awesome. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for employment.
Circus - the credit unions “ Stagecoach”
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  NCApril 27, 2018
The leaders seem to be under illusion as to what’s really happening around the corp divisions and branches.
Don’t like and accept feedback. No one seems to know the answers but everyone questions when someone takes the lead and initiative.
Seem to turn in to a culture of pushing products under the disguise of service.
Pros
Every one seem to know every one. Not sure anyone likes anyone.
Cons
No one seem to know what’s going on but a lot of people to question why you do something, no clear process to follow, some think what they say is gospel, limited few taken care of, lot of favoritism and no fairness, feed back is taken as excuses and most times don’t listen, quick to pass blame down than accept responsibility at top
Sometimes It's hard being this awesome
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMarch 15, 2018
Excellent working atmosphere with peers and management. It's one team working on one mission, and that's to enrich the lives of the members. Feedback is open, honest, and the leadership team is very approachable, without fear of repercussion. The constant growth leads to stability in employment. Management goes the extra mile for their employees and members. The pay and bonus structure is fair, and the PTO and 401k are among the best I have seen.
Pros
401K, Pto, Work / Life Balance
Cons
Growth is coming so fast that sometimes it is hard to keep up with
New management changes everything.
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 5, 2018
This used to be a great place to work, but the new management changed the culture and the whole outlook of the company. I used to love my job but then it became too serious and stressful. No respect for the front line workers.
Very relaxed and learning environment
Consumer Loan Closer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 4, 2017
The atmosphere was relaxed while yet a learning experience. The most satifaction was helping a member with a situation. I enjoyed seeing the fruit of my labor to help someone.
Pros
Free lunch, Yearly Bonus
no longer a not for profit organization
Supervisor, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 12, 2017
The new management is more concerned about $$$ and greed. charging customers NSF fees for transactions that did not overdraw account for example. This is no longer a not for profit business. New leadership has run off most long time employees.
Pros
located in nice area of town
Cons
Micromanagement
Amazing place to work
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 25, 2017
Sharonview is truly committed to their employees. The provide excellent benefits and a work/life balance that is hard to find. I would stay forever if there was anyway I could advance in my department. Sadly for me, very few people ever leave so seats don't open up often.
Pros
Work life balance, management
Cons
Limited advancement in a few departments
Great work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 25, 2017
Awesome place to work, great benefits and work ethics! Works together as a team and employees are taken care of and matter . your contribution is appreciated .
Business Development
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 23, 2017
The company has been reorganized since I worked there. Previously it was a steady pay, but very micro managed. We were expected to bring in a lot of business with little help. I heard the corporate culture is much better now.
Pros
Free lunch, Company Car, Salary based sales position
Cons
had to work from the office
Highly productive with a work-life balance
Senior Vice President of Lending (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCSeptember 13, 2016
This credit union offers its members a very good value for the one time $5 membership fee. Staff genuinely cares about you and will strive to do the right thing when possible.
Overall, it's a good place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 25, 2016
Sometimes the managers are very juvenile and act like they are in high school. Gossip is ridiculous and there is no such thing as confidential, even in HR. There's been several times when someone has gotten terminated and the next day that person's manager is in the breakroom telling another employee why they got fired, giving all in the specifics..total disregard for privacy. That behavior is very common. They also gossip about each other ALOT. You'll see managers A,B &C throwing manager D under the bus in a meeting, and the next day, manager A,C &D will go to lunch to trash manager B. Happens all the time
Pros
Small company. The CEO will know you on a first name basis
Cons
Managers are immature and they play favorites
Don't waste your time
Financial Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 1, 2016
I worked at this company for over 10 years & was let go by new management within the first 8 months they were hired. This company doesn't care about long term employees & only listen to fellow managers & not the people low on the totem pole.
Pros
salary
Cons
management
Typical day was very busy, but was good..
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJAugust 12, 2015
I learned to use my time wisely, finishing all.important priorities before going home for the day .

Coworker were ok.

The Hardest part of the job was telling customer they wasn't approved for a loan.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being around customers servings them.
Pros
Happy Work Place
Cons
na
Sharonview rewards employees for job well done
Collections Legal Assistant/Default Specialist (Former Employee) –  Collections Department CorporateJune 23, 2015
Collections department support various duties, processing payments, sending delinquent accounts to attorneys for judgments, & various collection agencies for repayment of loans and collection of collateral securing loan. Was in instrumental in making policy changes. The most enjoyable part of my job at the end of the day was the felling I made a difference
Customer Service oriented
Assistant Vice President Loss Mitigation (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 19, 2015
Awesome customer care and service. Typical day is very busy and sometimes too busy. Very lean organization. Benefits package is above normal.
Pros
Service oreinted
Cons
Often too busy and stressed
Service
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Tar Heel, NCDecember 31, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is working for our members. I especially like to see when the advice and assistance given, help members turn around their financial and credit history.
Sfcu
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 10, 2014
There is no opportunity to grow it is a flat company. They are not really willing to listen to any suggestions from employees. Benefits are good but pay is so, so
Great potential
Managment (Current Employee) –  NCOctober 13, 2013
Good culture and great job. Very little chance of advancement and some conflicting personalities in senior management that distract the company from being as good as it could be.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sharonview Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Sharonview Federal Credit Union Reviews by Location