Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center Employee Reviews

SLP Intern
SLP Intern (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAOctober 24, 2017
Great supervisor with experience with outpatient and acute care. Good learning environment for students who want to enter the medical field. MBS experience!
family oriented environment
Advanced Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAOctober 5, 2017
For the most part, everyone in general is nice and friendly. The commute was close. Although, the pay is non competitive compared to nearby hospitals.
missed to work in this place
Optical Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CASeptember 14, 2017
this is a good place to work with, the only problem is that you have to wait a long period of time to become a fulltime employee if you started as a per diem.
Sharp Review
Oncology/ Medical Surgical RN (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJuly 19, 2017
Management was very supportive. We had a nursing union which at first I thought I would hate. However, the union ensured we only had 5 patient's at a time. It was a great hospital.
Pros
Great doctors and management
Cons
Update decor inside
Patient oriented.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJuly 6, 2017
-Busy unit
-Staff learn in each patient encounter
-Management is not very supportive of staff educational advancement
-High turnover
-Resource nurses are often not experience
-I enjoy the patient population
Good place to work, hard to move up the ladder as promotions aren't given
Document Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJune 26, 2017
Promotions are not given in the traditional sense. You hire into a specific title and unless you apply for other positions, you will not move out of the title you were hired into. The benefits are fantastic, and the people are, in general, good to work with. There is a good work/life balance for the non-medical employees (I do not know about the medical staff. Their jobs/schedules are very different from traditional 9-5), and overall, it is a decent company to work for.
Pros
Fantastic benefits package
Cons
Difficult to move up within the company.
great placed to work
CT / X-Ray Technician (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJune 24, 2017
very busy, long hours, lots of pt to xray managent good, work place fine the hardest part of job is committing with doctors. the most enjoyable part of job is benfits
Pros
great pay
Nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAApril 10, 2017
Its been a long time since I've worked here. I remember it was a nice place to work. Night shift was quiet, I was a new grad and I had good support from more experienced nurses.
Review
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJanuary 23, 2017
Working at Sharp Chula Vista has been nothing but a learning experience. I have learned so much and have definitely grown from a young adult to a mature professional. The most enjoyable part of my job is definitely the people and environment.
Sharp experience is great
Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Sharp Chula Vista medical centerNovember 7, 2016
Sharp has great benefits. Insurance starts on the 1st of the next month you've worked there. They're sharp experience is always fun way to interact with other sharp employees
Great place to work.
Administrative Liaison (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAMarch 3, 2016
The "Sharp Experience" advertising slogan is not hype. The organization truly strives to provide the best care possible. Employees are treated quite well. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Good opportunities for advancement.
Cons
Can't think of any.
wonderful place to practice nursing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CASeptember 3, 2015
This is a wonderful hospital and company to practice nursing for. I would reccomend it to anyone looking for a hospital to work for.
I loved Sharp Healthcare
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Chula VistaJuly 4, 2015
I loved my 12 years with Sharp Healthcare. If it wasn't for a career change, I wouldn't go anywhere. Management takes care of their staff. I miss this facility
A growing, constantly revamping organization
Staff - Adult / Pediatric Critical Care / L&D Svc (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAApril 22, 2015
Work is always hectic and marginally disorganized. Scheduling was closely related to the daily census. Which you either was sent home upon arrival or you were chastised for your absence when you were scheduled off.

Our department manager was more concerned with those ambitious RTs whom were actively gaining higher education. It was apparent that she took it as an attack upon her position.

The ole'-guard has moved on now and the present healthcare tempo is aligned with the best of medical facilities.

Back then, the hardest part was accountability of staff on duty. many at times I was given someone else pager so that a personal matter could be resolved.

I learned a lot from physicians whom were eager to teach upon request or in-the-moment when giving care to needed patients.
Pros
I relished all the responsibility placed in my lap.
Cons
I couldn't count on other staff members consistently.
Good teaching place and a fun way to meet new people.
Junior Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJanuary 17, 2014
I was a volunteer at Sharp Chula Vista, my typical day was looking at
upcoming volunteer's applications and help decide which ones to interview. The other aspect of my job was greeting patients and directing them to their desired location, and also helping doctors and nurses by sending specimens to the lab or delivering them a chart. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting so many different people and understanding why they wanted to learn more about the medical field.
Pros
Great people to work with and access to the emergency room.
Cons
Some patients are rude.
the staff at SCVMC are very nice to work with specially 4 south unit. Team work is a most important factor which this unit has.
Nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Chula vista CaliforniaOctober 23, 2013
nice place to work at. the staff are very nice and have very strong team work.
benefits
Cons
short breaks
good working conditions and helpful management and coworkers.
Radiology Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAFebruary 20, 2013
I enjoyed working at Sharp Chula Vista Hospital mainly because as an employee they trusted me to get the job done well, but I received advice when needed. Benefits were great. Coworkers were fun and always willing to help if needed. Hardest part was getting documents finished within the timeline. Enjoyable was a feeling of accomplishment and good feed-back from the doctors.
Pros
employee special lunches and birthday celebrations.
Cons
no cons
Intense workplace
Volunteer Sharp Chula Vista Auxiliary (Former Employee) –  Chula VistaJuly 12, 2012
Translator English-Spanish. Medical terminology, organizational and responsible work area. Very committed to its patients. Fast-paced .
Productive, educational, and fun workplace
Student Nurse Preceptorship (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJune 28, 2012
Staff of all disciplines work well together to provide the best care for the patients.