Sharp Electronics Corporation Employee Reviews

Mid-level employee
Product Management (Current Employee) –  Montvale, NJJanuary 12, 2019
I don't recommend working here. There is almost zero chance for advancement unless you're already a top-level executive. Hours aren't flexible, there's no opportunity to work remotely and the environment overall is toxic.
Pros
Many opportunities to volunteer in the community and great colleagues
Cons
No working remotely, no flexible hours, promotions are rare, an open office environment.
Full mastery of high-speed Sharp devices
Photocopier repairer (Current Employee) –  Canada, KYDecember 29, 2018
I am a professional computer photocopier with a history of 8 years.
I am 31 years old and I am interested in more photocopier experience and I am going to immigrate.
Excellent experience and life changing opportunity
Product Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Montvale, NJDecember 10, 2018
This opportunity for me allowed me to discover my passion for marketing and sales, as well as giving me invaluable experience in this business. I will continue to strive to use what I have learned from this experience in every future aspect of my work and personal life.
The most enjoyable part of my job at Sharp is the people
Manager (Current Employee) –  Montvale, NJNovember 21, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job at Sharp is the people - generally, they are friendly, upbeat and well meaning. It makes it really easy to come to work every day.
Pros
Charitable programs, pool table, game area, gym
Cons
No flex time
High Turnover
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Montvale, New JerseyNovember 18, 2018
Sharp has high turnover with many level managers with no successful experiences.

Sharp has excellent products with many features that best the competition.
Sharp was all right you just stand on your feet all day and start getting medicine back and I’m boxing on shipping them out this is a all day. It was
Packing shipping (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PANovember 13, 2018
Working at Sharp was very different for me I stand on my feet from 6 to 3 every month Monday through Friday packing shipping and weighing the medicine is back in it so we can be shipped out this is all day long you have to be very fast because the machines office at all times half of the times the machines breakdown so we don’t have any work so they put us on different machines some different parts you can sit down some different parts you have to stand there we have then they gave us to 20 minute breaks and be back at work again we have to wear all whites to work in the medicine department are here have to be covered no earrings no ranks we allow the Apple Watch our uniforms have to be all white we have to wear gloves suit up and on our feet as well but I enjoyed working there is this that is too far for me I’m looking for something closer to where I met in Philadelphia that’s all but I am a very hard-working person I’m 52 years old I do have a lot of bills to pay I have four kids I’m passionate understanding I get along with my fears haven’t had any trouble having been fired I’m a very hard-working person thank you
Good
Role as customer service manager (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILOctober 29, 2018
Loved this job. Would have stayed there had they not closed the location. It has upward movement. Always new experiences and training. Ladies that worked with me were very knowledgeable and helpful.
Diverse work ethics
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 26, 2018
Always busy doing many jobs. Fast paced with some overtime hours recommended. Free Pizza on Fridays. The Company moral was great. I enjoyed working here a lot. Never any down time.
Pros
Free Pizza on Fridays.
Cons
Overtime every Saturday.
fun place to work
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAOctober 11, 2018
is a really nice company to work for,it has a good atmosphere there was never a day when i dint feel that i didn't wanted to work there the general manager & the head mechanic they are both a good example of success, every body in the lines are really nice people to work with they are extremely helpful.
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJOctober 11, 2018
I truly enjoyed my time at Sharp Electronics. Great company culture where they care about their employees. Unfortunately I was in a division where the company halted all production on the product we were selling and was laid off with the rest of my coworkers.
Great place to work in IT - if you put your effort in
Desktop Support Technician / PHP Developer (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJSeptember 15, 2018
IT environment was not restrictive. This environment was lax. if you want to build your own tool-set to get your job done faster, better or more efficient you can. no one will tell you not to. As long as you get the job done and close tickets on time no one will get on your case and when theres down time no one is there to stress you or haggle you. The supervisors and management were very cool and chilled, some sucked but most were very supportive of ones decision to innovate and create tools that helped the job. (such as creating scripts, programs/tools, creating and building servers or whatever to get the job done.). Some days tickets will come in alot others not much and you can chill. hardly any stress at this job but sometimes some managers sucked- they didn't elaborate much on how to get the job done, some where smart A's and didn't give much direction.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
management
MARKETING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sharp Electronics CorporationAugust 7, 2018
Management focus on ensuring we met all our daily goals. Our Vice President was always walking around and making sure we were on target and if need to review any problems his door was always open and broke down ways to overcome the problems / issues that arise. We had to communicate everyday to China and ensure our product packages were being created exactly as we planned.
Pros
fast pace
Cons
language barrier
My tenure at Sharp
Qualty Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 16, 2018
Working for Sharp has been a great and challenging. There are many good and productive people that work for Sharp that diligently strive to make Sharp and its products worth the experience.
Sharp
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CAJune 13, 2018
Typical Day at work - I waa 3,000 miles from the office so my day consisted of account management either by active calls or working all aspects of the account from the home office.

Sharp was a terrific place to work, even when times became very difficult for the company and numerous reorganizations took place.

Hardest part of my particular position for many is knowing how to be productive in a Home Office environment. I am a self starter and organized and I never had an issue with it, but I know that many did.

Most enjoyable aspect of the job is when you have good team camaraderie and that lends itself to an enjoyment in your day to day as opposed to having an adversarial feel which can be the case if the team isn't unified.
it was a nice work environment but
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 13, 2018
a lot of drama, people dont mind their business and theyre always making the new people feel like they dont know anything instead of helping them with the job
Sharp Solar has all of the resources and history to be a great company
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Camas, WAJune 11, 2018
Sharp management is inherently misaligned due to the substantial influence of the Japan-based management which seeks to impose Japanese-accepted and normal business practices in every market Sharp serves. This one-size-fits-all approach results in very difficult and at times dysfunctional management when local business practices and norms are ignored and the Sharp-Japan model is forced on the other regions. This leads to a deep misunderstanding and mismanagement approach in sales and operations outside of Japan.
warehouse
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAJune 5, 2018
it's a great environment to work around and to work at. i got better at packing , labeling & putting the boxes on the pallet . i would also recommend to a friend
Pros
n/a
Cons
short breaks
it honestly could of been better then what i applied for
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAMay 2, 2018
honestly wasn't for me. was temporary. the other staff and higher up employees did not respect and was more about do your job or don't work here at all.
good products
Government Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJApril 21, 2018
Good people and good products. Very competitive. Not much job security. You are expected to do the volume of work that other companies would expect two people to do, Great benefits and compensation but the expect a lot out of each employee.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
stress
not productive
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 4, 2018
Very unorganized fast paced very demanding poor supervision unclean and very bias if your just looking for a job with no future advancement then this is the job for you
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sharp Electronics Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight