Sharp HealthCare Employee Reviews

Not sure
Technical System Analyst II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 15, 2019
Not sure what you want and I don't feel comfortable talking about my work place with someone else at this time I will disclose in person. You will have to find out for yourself
Business Service Representative
Business Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 14, 2019
Left after working with this organization for seven years. I had to step away due to family member becoming ill. It's been difficult to find an open position and return.
Cons
Short breaks, management
Fast paced somewhat stressful but I enjoyed working there
Distribution Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 7, 2019
I work well under pressure and working at sharp hospital was a very stressful place to work at times, but working with a good team it was easier. Working in a hospital I learned working together as a team anything is possible
Productive & Fast Paced
PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 6, 2019
Working as a patient service representative was one of the most rewarding and humble professional positions I've ever had. I was fortunate enough to have very close work-related relationships not only with the staff, but also with my patients. I enjoyed getting to know the patients on a first name basis and ensuring they received the care they deserved.
Benefits
Cons
No advancement
productive and fun place to work
Solution Architect II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 6, 2019
The health benefits are awesome, with 401k contributions matching. Work and live by the beach. IT consultants typical day is 9-5. Workplace culture is relaxed as soon as getting the work done. managers are super supportive, with good vacation time.
The Sharp Experience
Private Pay Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 31, 2019
I worked for Sharp for many years and always thought of the organization as top notch! They invest a lot in their employees and drill the sharp experience in their heads to strive for excellent care to their patients.
Horrible job and place to work
Supervisor, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 29, 2019
If high stress and poor management are your thing then this is the job for you. They do a great job for the patients but a poor job treating the employess well.The problem is that uper mamagement is like a revoling door here one day and gone the next. Senior employees are gossip mongors and love nothing more then to see new employees struggle. Dont waste your time or efforts because to them you are just another number.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management, stressful work conditions
February 5, 2019

We appreciate your honest review, and we're sorry to hear about your disappointment with Sharp regarding work environment and management. At Sharp HealthCare, we’re an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on creating opportunities for all employees. We train all management to properly listen to all feedback, both positive and negative, and work with upper management to help improve the organization. We will share this directly with HR and other appropriate parties, but if you would like to further voice your concerns please contact us at (858) 499-5285

Unhappy working here, constantly overworked in a fast paced & stressful environment.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 19, 2019
Working at Sharp is unfortunately not what I expected... I've been working for Sharp as a CNA for 2+ years and, honestly, working conditions haven't really improved. I'm constantly working short staffed and yet expected to provide equal care for 16+ patients, it's impossible. Staff is often hit or miss, I work mainly with RNs and other aides(CNA, HCP, etc...). I don't get paid enough for all the work I do and my back is constantly killing me. I rarely feel appreciated and am always asked to do more. You are suppose to take breaks, but they aren't enforced and you are at fault if you don't take them. It's not that I forget to take my breaks... I DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO TAKE A BREAK! My phone is constantly ringing and I'm often too busy taking care of patients or following nurses orders to have time for a break, it sucks. I've complained to management in the past, but nothing changes. Maybe because I'm just an aide and am the lowest on the totem poll? Who knows? Sure does feel that way though. The saddest thing for me is that I actually do enjoy taking care of people. I'm always wishing I had more time to achieve the best care for my patients or to actually have the time to get to know them. I've learned so much along the way but am planing on leaving the company soon, and possibly healthcare all together honestly. The healthcare system is a total mess in its current state. Even though the blame doesn't solely fall on Sharp, it's unfortunate they don't seem to have a solution to these issues either.
Pros
Health Insurance(for when your back breaks)
Cons
Low pay, short staffed, under-appreciated, stressful, management
January 23, 2019

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are working on hiring additional staff who meet the same level of talent as our current team. Employee satisfaction is very important to us, so we are taking your insights into consideration as we move toward creating a better overall employee experience. We appreciate your hard work at Sharp.

Always striving for being the best
Director of Quality Improvement - SRSMG (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 16, 2019
Sharp is a large organization that strives to be the best place to practice medicine, the best place to work and the best place to receive care.
The lead from the CEO down.
Pros
great place to work, cutting edge
there was nothing good about working at Sharp
Distribution Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 15, 2019
they don't treat employees fair. very discriminating.i dot reccoment them to anyone as patients or employees. they are rude and racist, I cant believe I didn't leave there sooner.
January 23, 2019

We’re very sorry to hear about your experience with us. At Sharp HealthCare, we believe in and are strongly committed to diversity and gender balance. We strive to provide equal opportunity to all. We take your concerns very seriously and encourage you to reach out to our Human Resources department to discuss your experience further. We appreciate your insights.

Long time employee fired unjustly
Clinical Trials Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 20, 2018
I worked for Sharp for over 25 years and was fired for no other reason than that I was at the top of my pay scale and they didn't like that .....I was just 'let go' out of the total blue, after many very productive years...This was 6 years ago and it still blows me away and it definitely deeply affected me and does to this minute..Very unjust treatment of a loyal employee that did not deserve how I was treated. I don't know how the people in power can treat employees so poorly. What they do to long time employees is not right.
December 26, 2018

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to hear you feel you were treated unfairly during your time at Sharp. We ensure all employees are treated with equal respect and honesty throughout their career with us. We appreciate your hard work at Sharp and wish you the best of luck in the future.

Best place to work!
Public Resource Specialist/Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 17, 2018
My work is enjoyable. The workplace culture is very diverse and goal oriented. I have learned to be a more productive employee since working at Sharp HealthCare.
great company culture
Marketing and Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 11, 2018
great company with amazing benefits and culture. management still needs to work on the trust though. workplace culture is great but still missing the trust component.
Sharp is Exploitative of their employees
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CADecember 11, 2018
They disrespect staff, lean on their self-proclaimed status as the best place to work in the Universe while being one of the worst paying hospitals in SD. Upper management is for the most part, oblivious to what their employees go through. They are hostile to Unions while refusing to provide competitive pay and benefits.

Leads and lower management are generally pretty good.
Pros
I had great leads
Cons
No one is appreciated
December 13, 2018

Thank you for your review and the time you spent working at Sharp. We're sorry to hear about your disappointment with Sharp regarding work environment and management. Our leadership takes many factors into consideration for compensation and we strive to keep the mission of Sharp at the forefront of any decision making that takes place. We appreciate your honest feedback and will share it directly with our administration and other appropriate parties.

Thanks again for your review and we wish you the best of luck as you continue your career.

very productive and focused
Pharmaceutical Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PADecember 8, 2018
its a really good job i had fun working there and it kept me very occupied. the hardest part about the job is trying to stay woke because i worked night shift and if the line is moving really slow then it starts to get boring.
Pros
nice breaks
Cons
staff stealing lunches
Awesome place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CANovember 12, 2018
Awesome place to work. Great benefits pay is competitive and classes are free for full time employees, such as BLS, ALS and CPR classes.
Overall, really great place.
Not a huge fan but pays the bills
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kearny Mesa, CANovember 8, 2018
It could just be my department so don't quote me on it. I would say the best part about the job has been the benefits. You do receive great benefits here.
December 12, 2018

We appreciate your honest review. We strive to provide our employees with an environment that each person feels heard. Hearing the pros and cons of working at Sharp HealthCare helps us improve our processes and make the company a better place to work.

Good and Bad
Triage RN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 6, 2018
My first 5 years there were positive, due to an excellent manager, who often resisted the demands of upper management in balance with nursing needs. A management change resulted in dramatic and unwelcome changes in the department. The new manager was abusive and punitive, and was fully supported by upper management. The department was decimated, losing over 50% staff in the two years that followed. Favoritism and discrimination are now the rule, and all but a few original staff members are gone. The department continues to demonstrate an appallingly high rate of turnover and failures, all still supported by upper management.
Pros
Convenient schedule, fair benefits, UNION protection
Cons
Bad Managers are supported, high turnover, unpleasant environment
Outstanding hospital
Clinical Nurse-RN (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 3, 2018
Delivery of outstanding and supportive work environment. Strong collaboration amongst team members who strive to provide personalized, focused patient care that is respectful of patients and families
All around good job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 3, 2018
Very good and beneficial job. Fantastic benefits and discounts. Everyone helps and looks out for one another. Fast paced but keeps you busy. Workplace safety is number 1 priority.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sharp HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight