Sharp HealthCare Employee Reviews

Featured review
Sharp HealthCare selected this as a representative review
Amazing work enviroment best job I've ever had
Rehab Aide (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 26, 2018
The staff that i interacted with (P.T. , O.T., and nursing) were allways nice and professional. Management was Friendly, supportive and understanding. If i was able to continue working at this job, I would not even think twice. Amazing company and amazing people.
Unsupportive management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAAugust 16, 2018
Sharp awards promotes problem employees. Managers and supervisors play favorites, overlooking policy breaking for some but crucifying others on small matters. Human resources and unions refuse to acknowledge or correct this.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Cut throat environment
I loved working at sharp
Clerical III Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 16, 2018
I loved working at sharp
I learned a lot. I really enjoyed working with patients to help with their health care needs. I enjoyed problem solving and the fast pace.
benefits
Cons
bad boss
Culture was excellent; unfortunately promotions were very hard to come by.
Clerical Asst III (Former Employee) –  Grossmont & Chula VistaAugust 6, 2018
The culture at Sharp was excellent. My co-workers were great and I did love my job. Unfortunately, I could not move beyond my position. Advancement was nonexistent, at least for me. Otherwise I would still work for the company. Let me add the caveat that my employee record with them is very good. There are no disciplinary issues in my file and I was not in danger of being "laid off" or "fired". So this review is not based on bitterness just on my experience while with the firm.

Hard work gets you no where (at least that was my experience). Overall, the work/life balance was great, the benefits were exceptional and aside from one co-worker who made my life horrible (not company's fault and they took care of the issue eventually) I would recommend working there with the caution that moving forward in the company is difficult and if you are looking to advance in your career, Sharp may not be for you. I was a Clerical Asst. III for 7 1/2 years. I became an Accountant in 2014 while in their employ. For those last 3 years of my employment, I tried to move into finance. Out of the countless times I applied for positions in the Accounting/Finance Depts., I got one interview and it was treated as a complete joke! Granted the interviewer was let go about a month later but it was still very disheartening. Despite my reservations, I still give them 4 stars because they do treat their employees well, despite the setbacks I experienced.
Pros
Great work/life balance, exceptional benefits, flexible with schedule when necessary
Cons
Very difficult to move forward in company, salaries are not always equal to cost of living
August 16, 2018

We appreciate your honest review of Sharp HealthCare. We strive to provide our employees with an environment that each person feels heard. Hearing the pros and cons of working at Sharp HealthCare helps us improve our processes and make the company a better place to work.

Excellent Sharp Leadership
Director of Engineering and Construction (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAAugust 2, 2018
Well managed company on the Sharp side. Sharp contracts support services to Sodexo who performs very poorly.

The Engineering, EVS and Food Staff provided by Sodexo is critically understaffed.
Pros
Sahrp Leadershio
Cons
Sodexo
need gym fro the employee.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 1, 2018
excellent management & have a chance for advancement. Need more training on daily basis. Like the supervisor to work with and need to change atmosphere on work area during flu season.
Pros
most of the time when it's busy they offer free lunch.
Cons
facility
good entity to work for
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 24, 2018
a good entity to work for, diversity is the culture. My most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I helped a patient, with a joke or with showing compassion for how they may be feeling that particular day
work
Phlebotomist/Processing Lead (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAJuly 19, 2018
I did not like that they do not help you advance in your career choice. They are patient centered focused which is great but they do not help their employees advance.
July 31, 2018

The Sharp Experience drives our culture, not only in the way that we treat patients but how we treat our colleagues. Thank you for your candid feedback regarding lack of career ladders. Retention and development are areas that we can always improve in, so we appreciate the feedback.

great atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 26, 2018
Good company to work for and great atmosphere. From management down to the coworkers everyone is always willing to help. Even when the calls are non-stop at the end of the day I leave smiling.
per Diem, happy employee
CPR BLS Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 20, 2018
as a per diem employee i am happy with my setup. just wish there were more hours. company culture is great. everyone seems to have been there for years and is happy to stay.
Friendly Envirnment
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJune 15, 2018
Excellent doctors and fast pace environment for daily appointments. Management was always willing to educate on new policies. Great communication from upper management.
loved
Float Pool Nurse assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 7, 2018
I have worked with sharp for nearly 4 years and absolutely love this company I have had some of the best managers ever! I wouldn't trade the experience for anything.
Pros
great pay for ancilary staff
Productive and enjoyable atmosphere to work in
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 6, 2018
Client phone calls, enter all data for each week. Payroll and Benefit deadlines to enter in computer. Workplace culture changing often because of the turnover in new co-workers.
Pros
Hospital events, pleasant atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and fun work place
LVN Nurse (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAMay 30, 2018
I enjoy working for a Sharp Healthcare. They have competitive pay and great benefits. It is truly the best place to work and receive healthcare. Everyone has a great personality which makes the work day go smoothly.
July 24, 2018

Your feedback regarding Sharp HealthCare benefits is appreciated. We pride ourselves on offering a competitive benefits package to our employees. Thank you for acknowledging the things we do well.

Good Company
Clinical Data Analyst LVN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 30, 2018
This company is a good company over all. They have issues with hiring and working with individuals with limitations. They are behind the curve in recognizing potential in talented and educated individuals who may have a mild to moderate disability.
Very competitive salary and benefits
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 27, 2018
My experience working at Sharp gave me the opportunity to work at different locations and sites. Overall, it was a very environment and management were very professional.
Pros
Movie discounts
Cons
Very hard to get promoted unless you transfer to another department
Productive and Passionate group with questionable leadership.
Lead System Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 25, 2018
Sharp IT is a great place to work for someone who enjoys working on IT projects. A typical day in Healthcare IT is spent working at your desk designing the systems assigned to you. It's enjoyable driving patient safety care projects that help the betterment of a patient's well being and helping providers with the continuous of care. Leadership is as involved in projects or well knowledgeable in our day-to-day which makes it difficult to communicate at times.
Pros
Salary, Health Benefits and Overall Work/Life Balance.
Cons
Management and Career Advancement.
July 24, 2018

We appreciate your honest review. We strive to provide our employees with an environment that each person feels heard. Hearing the pros and cons of working at Sharp HealthCare helps us improve our processes and make the company a better place to work.

Great Place to Intern
Quality Assurance Intern (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAMay 17, 2018
I had a great experience interning at Sharp HealthCare. The work that i did was extremely applicable to my program of study. My internship with Sharp HealthCare had provided me with some amazing opportunities that I would not have been able to have elsewhere.
Pros
Great company culture, great learning experience
Typical day for Account Analyst/Insurance Biller
Account Analyst II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 4, 2018
Making sure that proper documentation is entered into patient accounts. Verifying insurance coverage and benefits. Contacting patients for missing information or notifying on insurance decisions. Contacting insurance companies for underpayment. Working on computer 8-10 hours a day. Keeping updated on healthcare laws, regulations, coding, and any other changes.
Pros
Very good compensation/benefits & concern for employees
Cons
Overloaded do to under staffing
UR/QM ANALYST (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAMay 1, 2018
I loved this job!. I left because my husband was relocating. The culture her is very supportive. The CEO is involved in all employee activities and actually cares about the culture.
Pros
Great place to learn
Good Company
medical records file clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 26, 2018
A very good company. I worked in this company and the management was great! I worked there as records clerk and pulled x rays and films. Drove company vehicle.
Pros
Company picnic.
Cons
We got laid off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sharp HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss