Sharp HealthCare Employee Reviews

Sharp is Exploitative of their employees
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CADecember 11, 2018
They disrespect staff, lean on their self-proclaimed status as the best place to work in the Universe while being one of the worst paying hospitals in SD. Upper management is for the most part, oblivious to what their employees go through. They are hostile to Unions while refusing to provide competitive pay and benefits.

Leads and lower management are generally pretty good.
Pros
I had great leads
Cons
No one is appreciated
December 13, 2018

Thank you for your review and the time you spent working at Sharp. We're sorry to hear about your disappointment with Sharp regarding work environment and management. Our leadership takes many factors into consideration for compensation and we strive to keep the mission of Sharp at the forefront of any decision making that takes place. We appreciate your honest feedback and will share it directly with our administration and other appropriate parties.

Thanks again for your review and we wish you the best of luck as you continue your career.

very productive and focused
Pharmaceutical Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PADecember 8, 2018
its a really good job i had fun working there and it kept me very occupied. the hardest part about the job is trying to stay woke because i worked night shift and if the line is moving really slow then it starts to get boring.
Pros
nice breaks
Cons
staff stealing lunches
Awesome place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CANovember 12, 2018
Awesome place to work. Great benefits pay is competitive and classes are free for full time employees, such as BLS, ALS and CPR classes.
Overall, really great place.
Not a huge fan but pays the bills
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kearny Mesa, CANovember 8, 2018
It could just be my department so don't quote me on it. I would say the best part about the job has been the benefits. You do receive great benefits here.
December 12, 2018

We appreciate your honest review. We strive to provide our employees with an environment that each person feels heard. Hearing the pros and cons of working at Sharp HealthCare helps us improve our processes and make the company a better place to work.

Good and Bad
Triage RN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 6, 2018
My first 5 years there were positive, due to an excellent manager, who often resisted the demands of upper management in balance with nursing needs. A management change resulted in dramatic and unwelcome changes in the department. The new manager was abusive and punitive, and was fully supported by upper management. The department was decimated, losing over 50% staff in the two years that followed. Favoritism and discrimination are now the rule, and all but a few original staff members are gone. The department continues to demonstrate an appallingly high rate of turnover and failures, all still supported by upper management.
Pros
Convenient schedule, fair benefits, UNION protection
Cons
Bad Managers are supported, high turnover, unpleasant environment
Outstanding hospital
Clinical Nurse-RN (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 3, 2018
Delivery of outstanding and supportive work environment. Strong collaboration amongst team members who strive to provide personalized, focused patient care that is respectful of patients and families
All around good job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 3, 2018
Very good and beneficial job. Fantastic benefits and discounts. Everyone helps and looks out for one another. Fast paced but keeps you busy. Workplace safety is number 1 priority.
Great Place
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 25, 2018
Great place to work, I really like the way the superiors assisted and guided the new people in the projects. The environment was friendly and everyone was very cooperative.
Good Company
Clerical Assitant III (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 5, 2018
Good company to work for, great benefits. They have locations throughout the whole county of San Diego so there is plenty of opportunity to grow and expand your knowledge
Respiratory
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAOctober 1, 2018
Sharp Chula Vista Respiratory is the best department. The manager is totally awesome. The department makes sure that the rcp doesnt have a massive workload so they actually have time to spend with patients!!!
Pros
Great opportunity
Cons
Traffic
great place to work
Public Health Nurse LVN,MPH (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2018
great place to work plan on retiring from this company because this company has a beautiful future package and is very helpful to all employees. We are all very pleased with working
A Collaborative place to work
Department Secretary PFS/CCD (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 10, 2018
I walk in to work daily: Printers being down, and working with IT to get them up and running, Paper shortages, scheduling for my 2-manages, including booking meetings and prep of Meeting Minutes and print outs of documents to reference in meetings, setting up of on-line meetings between management offices, coordination of invoices, budget work, check requests, managing PO Boxes,office supply ordering, filing, complies and distribute monthly statistic reports, month end reporting, Collaboration with 6-team leads as well as my 2-managers, support 80+employees.
Pros
Team building lunches
Cons
advancement opportunities
Ok, Could be better
Systems Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 10, 2018
The work culture at Sharp could have been better. It seems they are inconsistent when it comes to promoting employee wellness. With my experience, my internship lacked mentorship or any meaningful projects.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management, training
December 12, 2018

Can't complain
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 5, 2018
Great company to work for. I learn something new almost every day. Coworkers are nice and helpful people for the most part. Managers do not micro manage.
Business Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 23, 2018
this is a good place to work but not in RBS department some Mgmt team and supervisors very unprofessional , I really don't have that much more to say .....
benefits
Cons
pay
September 7, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your employment experience with us. We're glad to hear you enjoy our benefits package, but disappointed to hear you feel salaries don't match and some interactions you’ve had with others haven't been pleasant. If you'd like to provide any more details around what you experienced please contact your Human Resource Business Partner to discuss. We appreciate hearing from our current employees.

Not a great experience
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 23, 2018
My issue was not with the Company, it was with Management. Management is shady they have their favorites I was warned about it and I can honestly say I saw a lot of it, some days they smile and greet you other days they ignore you. I had high expectations for SHARP since I am an actual patient, but it is a different story when you work for them.

I was Per Diem and floated to different Departments. Not every department is welcoming and are quick to make you feel uncomfortable if they don't like you. As a float you are looked down on because you do not have a permanent site. Keep in mind you float to different locations and different departments.

I would hear the gossip and drama my advice stay away from it keep to yourself and do not get involved. The only thing I regret is not going to HR before leaving the company to report my Supervisor but then again you have people that have been working together for years so honestly you really don't know who to trust. Like I said before it's not the company it's management at certain locations.
August 24, 2018

We’re very disappointed to hear about your experience. We strive to provide an environment where each employee feels heard. We highly encourage our employees to speak with their direct supervisors or HR about these types of situations.

Unsupportive management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAAugust 16, 2018
Sharp awards promotes problem employees. Managers and supervisors play favorites, overlooking policy breaking for some but crucifying others on small matters. Human resources and unions refuse to acknowledge or correct this.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Cut throat environment
August 22, 2018

Thank you for your honest review, as we take them seriously. Our goal is to provide all employees with a comfortable atmosphere. We encourage all employees to discuss these situations with upper-level management and HR as our employees' happiness and professional development are of upmost importance to us.

I loved working at sharp
Clerical III Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 16, 2018
I loved working at sharp
I learned a lot. I really enjoyed working with patients to help with their health care needs. I enjoyed problem solving and the fast pace.
benefits
Cons
bad boss
August 22, 2018

We appreciate your honest review. We strive to provide our employees with an environment where each person feels heard. Our employees are very valuable to us, and we’re always looking to make improvements as a company and as an employer.

Culture was excellent; unfortunately promotions were very hard to come by.
Clerical Asst III (Former Employee) –  Grossmont & Chula VistaAugust 6, 2018
The culture at Sharp was excellent. My co-workers were great and I did love my job. Unfortunately, I could not move beyond my position. Advancement was nonexistent, at least for me. Otherwise I would still work for the company. Let me add the caveat that my employee record with them is very good. There are no disciplinary issues in my file and I was not in danger of being "laid off" or "fired". So this review is not based on bitterness just on my experience while with the firm.

Hard work gets you no where (at least that was my experience). Overall, the work/life balance was great, the benefits were exceptional and aside from one co-worker who made my life horrible (not company's fault and they took care of the issue eventually) I would recommend working there with the caution that moving forward in the company is difficult and if you are looking to advance in your career, Sharp may not be for you. I was a Clerical Asst. III for 7 1/2 years. I became an Accountant in 2014 while in their employ. For those last 3 years of my employment, I tried to move into finance. Out of the countless times I applied for positions in the Accounting/Finance Depts., I got one interview and it was treated as a complete joke! Granted the interviewer was let go about a month later but it was still very disheartening. Despite my reservations, I still give them 4 stars because they do treat their employees well, despite the setbacks I experienced.
Pros
Great work/life balance, exceptional benefits, flexible with schedule when necessary
Cons
Very difficult to move forward in company, salaries are not always equal to cost of living
August 16, 2018

We appreciate your honest review of Sharp HealthCare. We strive to provide our employees with an environment that each person feels heard. Hearing the pros and cons of working at Sharp HealthCare helps us improve our processes and make the company a better place to work.

Excellent Sharp Leadership
Director of Engineering and Construction (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAAugust 2, 2018
Well managed company on the Sharp side. Sharp contracts support services to Sodexo who performs very poorly.

The Engineering, EVS and Food Staff provided by Sodexo is critically understaffed.
Pros
Sahrp Leadershio
Cons
Sodexo

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sharp HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight