Sharp HealthCare Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Friendly Envirnment
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJune 15, 2018
Excellent doctors and fast pace environment for daily appointments. Management was always willing to educate on new policies. Great communication from upper management.
loved
Float Pool Nurse assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 7, 2018
I have worked with sharp for nearly 4 years and absolutely love this company I have had some of the best managers ever! I wouldn't trade the experience for anything.
Pros
great pay for ancilary staff
Productive and enjoyable atmosphere to work in
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 6, 2018
Client phone calls, enter all data for each week. Payroll and Benefit deadlines to enter in computer. Workplace culture changing often because of the turnover in new co-workers.
Pros
Hospital events, pleasant atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and fun work place
LVN Nurse (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAMay 30, 2018
I enjoy working for a Sharp Healthcare. They have competitive pay and great benefits. It is truly the best place to work and receive healthcare. Everyone has a great personality which makes the work day go smoothly.
Good Company
Clinical Data Analyst LVN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 30, 2018
This company is a good company over all. They have issues with hiring and working with individuals with limitations. They are behind the curve in recognizing potential in talented and educated individuals who may have a mild to moderate disability.
Very competitive salary and benefits
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 27, 2018
My experience working at Sharp gave me the opportunity to work at different locations and sites. Overall, it was a very environment and management were very professional.
Pros
Movie discounts
Cons
Very hard to get promoted unless you transfer to another department
Productive and Passionate group with questionable leadership.
Lead System Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 25, 2018
Sharp IT is a great place to work for someone who enjoys working on IT projects. A typical day in Healthcare IT is spent working at your desk designing the systems assigned to you. It's enjoyable driving patient safety care projects that help the betterment of a patient's well being and helping providers with the continuous of care. Leadership is as involved in projects or well knowledgeable in our day-to-day which makes it difficult to communicate at times.
Pros
Salary, Health Benefits and Overall Work/Life Balance.
Cons
Management and Career Advancement.
Great Place to Intern
Quality Assurance Intern (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAMay 17, 2018
I had a great experience interning at Sharp HealthCare. The work that i did was extremely applicable to my program of study. My internship with Sharp HealthCare had provided me with some amazing opportunities that I would not have been able to have elsewhere.
Pros
Great company culture, great learning experience
Typical day for Account Analyst/Insurance Biller
Account Analyst II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 4, 2018
Making sure that proper documentation is entered into patient accounts. Verifying insurance coverage and benefits. Contacting patients for missing information or notifying on insurance decisions. Contacting insurance companies for underpayment. Working on computer 8-10 hours a day. Keeping updated on healthcare laws, regulations, coding, and any other changes.
Pros
Very good compensation/benefits & concern for employees
Cons
Overloaded do to under staffing
UR/QM ANALYST (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAMay 1, 2018
I loved this job!. I left because my husband was relocating. The culture her is very supportive. The CEO is involved in all employee activities and actually cares about the culture.
Pros
Great place to learn
Fast pace and Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 20, 2018
Although the systems took a while to long into this job it fast paced,
answering calls,
knowing how to navigate the systems,
Being able to work quick
Sharp Healthcare - Best place to work in the Universe
Network Engineer II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 17, 2018
I've had many experiences working at Sharp; some god and some bad, but for the most part it was a good place to work and I enjoyed working with the majority of my co-workers.

I would recommend Sharp as a place to work for someone that is looking for a secure job that has good benefits. Advancement within the company is another story, Good luck on your endeavors.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Difficult to advance within the company.
productive, familiy like environmnent
Account Analyst II (Billing (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 16, 2018
Sharp is a family atmosphere. However management is poor and does not allow for personal growth or self esteem as an employee. Management takes on a retaliatory approach and gives the impression that they give in to gossip which is very unprofessional. Advancement in Sharp appears to be based on appearance rather than qualification.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not enough pay for the job
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 10, 2018
Sharp has some of the best management I have ever worked with. Extremely professional and supportive. The doctors are also great and treat all staff well. The pay is fair and benefits were decent. The employees all seemed happy.
Pros
Good benefits
Patient Access Service
Access Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 4, 2018
A typical day working in Access service is having adequate supplies and equipment to perform the requirements of the job which are bedside registrations outpatient/inpatients admissions, gathering insurances and billing information, assisting in meeting financial goals at the same time of ensure patients are well informed, assistance with referrals, with in the paradigm of a structured working relationship within an Trauma emergency room setting.

My work environment is a very diverse environment from every aspect of the work force of the infrastructure and every facility.
The hardest part is lacking the means to do more.

The best part of the jobs are being a part of goal(s) where every role is as important as the next persons, al beit the house keepers to the surgeons, the Medics/Firemen/law enforcement are as important as the gardener and landscapers. The Executive management roles are as important as the engineers that maintains the IT systems. Every person has an intricate part in maintaining the success of a company and their clients, patients, coworkers,subscribers, vendors,etc.
Pros
Enjoy the diversity, Fast pace, Caring and Team work
Cons
often wishing I could have done more
Productive and Fun
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 27, 2018
great place to learn. I learned a lot from there and my team was great. Management was good and the overall job culture was great. Unfortunately, I had to move.
Love Sharp
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 25, 2018
I love working at Sharp. They treat the ir employees great. Lots of opportunities to volunteer and give back to the community.Team building environments
Pros
listen to employees
You must work really hard!
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAMarch 18, 2018
Sharp is not for slackers. You always need to prove yourself 1000% at Sharp. They have very high standards. Don't call in sick. Make sure you will be able to go anywhere and do everything you are told to do.
Pros
Excellent benefits and compensation
Cons
Management difficult to work with
Fun place to work we learn something new everyday
Clerical Assist 3 (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAMarch 13, 2018
Be confident be urself sharps is a great place to work. We are constantly learning to how to provided better sharp experience to patients and their families.
Good in Theory
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 12, 2018
The organization has a good very good intent. The actual execution is lacking. The processes that are in place are antiquated and unorganized. Sr. Management is not connected to the middle managers and the lack of continuity is obvious.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
micromanaged

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sharp HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight