Sharp HealthCare Employee Reviews

Respiratory
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAOctober 1, 2018
Sharp Chula Vista Respiratory is the best department. The manager is totally awesome. The department makes sure that the rcp doesnt have a massive workload so they actually have time to spend with patients!!!
Pros
Great opportunity
Cons
Traffic
great place to work
Public Health Nurse LVN,MPH (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2018
great place to work plan on retiring from this company because this company has a beautiful future package and is very helpful to all employees. We are all very pleased with working
A Collaborative place to work
Department Secretary PFS/CCD (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 10, 2018
I walk in to work daily: Printers being down, and working with IT to get them up and running, Paper shortages, scheduling for my 2-manages, including booking meetings and prep of Meeting Minutes and print outs of documents to reference in meetings, setting up of on-line meetings between management offices, coordination of invoices, budget work, check requests, managing PO Boxes,office supply ordering, filing, complies and distribute monthly statistic reports, month end reporting, Collaboration with 6-team leads as well as my 2-managers, support 80+employees.
Pros
Team building lunches
Cons
advancement opportunities
Ok, Could be better
Systems Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 10, 2018
The work culture at Sharp could have been better. It seems they are inconsistent when it comes to promoting employee wellness. With my experience, my internship lacked mentorship or any meaningful projects.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management, training
Can't complain
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 5, 2018
Great company to work for. I learn something new almost every day. Coworkers are nice and helpful people for the most part. Managers do not micro manage.
Business Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 23, 2018
this is a good place to work but not in RBS department some Mgmt team and supervisors very unprofessional , I really don't have that much more to say .....
benefits
Cons
pay
September 7, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your employment experience with us. We're glad to hear you enjoy our benefits package, but disappointed to hear you feel salaries don't match and some interactions you’ve had with others haven't been pleasant. If you'd like to provide any more details around what you experienced please contact your Human Resource Business Partner to discuss. We appreciate hearing from our current employees.

Not a great experience
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 23, 2018
My issue was not with the Company, it was with Management. Management is shady they have their favorites I was warned about it and I can honestly say I saw a lot of it, some days they smile and greet you other days they ignore you. I had high expectations for SHARP since I am an actual patient, but it is a different story when you work for them.

I was Per Diem and floated to different Departments. Not every department is welcoming and are quick to make you feel uncomfortable if they don't like you. As a float you are looked down on because you do not have a permanent site. Keep in mind you float to different locations and different departments.

I would hear the gossip and drama my advice stay away from it keep to yourself and do not get involved. The only thing I regret is not going to HR before leaving the company to report my Supervisor but then again you have people that have been working together for years so honestly you really don't know who to trust. Like I said before it's not the company it's management at certain locations.
August 24, 2018

We’re very disappointed to hear about your experience. We strive to provide an environment where each employee feels heard. We highly encourage our employees to speak with their direct supervisors or HR about these types of situations.

Unsupportive management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAAugust 16, 2018
Sharp awards promotes problem employees. Managers and supervisors play favorites, overlooking policy breaking for some but crucifying others on small matters. Human resources and unions refuse to acknowledge or correct this.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Cut throat environment
August 22, 2018

Thank you for your honest review, as we take them seriously. Our goal is to provide all employees with a comfortable atmosphere. We encourage all employees to discuss these situations with upper-level management and HR as our employees' happiness and professional development are of upmost importance to us.

I loved working at sharp
Clerical III Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 16, 2018
I loved working at sharp
I learned a lot. I really enjoyed working with patients to help with their health care needs. I enjoyed problem solving and the fast pace.
benefits
Cons
bad boss
August 22, 2018

We appreciate your honest review. We strive to provide our employees with an environment where each person feels heard. Our employees are very valuable to us, and we’re always looking to make improvements as a company and as an employer.

Culture was excellent; unfortunately promotions were very hard to come by.
Clerical Asst III (Former Employee) –  Grossmont & Chula VistaAugust 6, 2018
The culture at Sharp was excellent. My co-workers were great and I did love my job. Unfortunately, I could not move beyond my position. Advancement was nonexistent, at least for me. Otherwise I would still work for the company. Let me add the caveat that my employee record with them is very good. There are no disciplinary issues in my file and I was not in danger of being "laid off" or "fired". So this review is not based on bitterness just on my experience while with the firm.

Hard work gets you no where (at least that was my experience). Overall, the work/life balance was great, the benefits were exceptional and aside from one co-worker who made my life horrible (not company's fault and they took care of the issue eventually) I would recommend working there with the caution that moving forward in the company is difficult and if you are looking to advance in your career, Sharp may not be for you. I was a Clerical Asst. III for 7 1/2 years. I became an Accountant in 2014 while in their employ. For those last 3 years of my employment, I tried to move into finance. Out of the countless times I applied for positions in the Accounting/Finance Depts., I got one interview and it was treated as a complete joke! Granted the interviewer was let go about a month later but it was still very disheartening. Despite my reservations, I still give them 4 stars because they do treat their employees well, despite the setbacks I experienced.
Pros
Great work/life balance, exceptional benefits, flexible with schedule when necessary
Cons
Very difficult to move forward in company, salaries are not always equal to cost of living
August 16, 2018

We appreciate your honest review of Sharp HealthCare. We strive to provide our employees with an environment that each person feels heard. Hearing the pros and cons of working at Sharp HealthCare helps us improve our processes and make the company a better place to work.

Excellent Sharp Leadership
Director of Engineering and Construction (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAAugust 2, 2018
Well managed company on the Sharp side. Sharp contracts support services to Sodexo who performs very poorly.

The Engineering, EVS and Food Staff provided by Sodexo is critically understaffed.
Pros
Sahrp Leadershio
Cons
Sodexo
need gym fro the employee.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 1, 2018
excellent management & have a chance for advancement. Need more training on daily basis. Like the supervisor to work with and need to change atmosphere on work area during flu season.
Pros
most of the time when it's busy they offer free lunch.
Cons
facility
good entity to work for
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 24, 2018
a good entity to work for, diversity is the culture. My most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I helped a patient, with a joke or with showing compassion for how they may be feeling that particular day
work
Phlebotomist/Processing Lead (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAJuly 19, 2018
I did not like that they do not help you advance in your career choice. They are patient centered focused which is great but they do not help their employees advance.
July 31, 2018

The Sharp Experience drives our culture, not only in the way that we treat patients but how we treat our colleagues. Thank you for your candid feedback regarding lack of career ladders. Retention and development are areas that we can always improve in, so we appreciate the feedback.

great atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 26, 2018
Good company to work for and great atmosphere. From management down to the coworkers everyone is always willing to help. Even when the calls are non-stop at the end of the day I leave smiling.
per Diem, happy employee
CPR BLS Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 20, 2018
as a per diem employee i am happy with my setup. just wish there were more hours. company culture is great. everyone seems to have been there for years and is happy to stay.
Friendly Envirnment
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJune 15, 2018
Excellent doctors and fast pace environment for daily appointments. Management was always willing to educate on new policies. Great communication from upper management.
loved
Float Pool Nurse assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 7, 2018
I have worked with sharp for nearly 4 years and absolutely love this company I have had some of the best managers ever! I wouldn't trade the experience for anything.
Pros
great pay for ancilary staff
Productive and enjoyable atmosphere to work in
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 6, 2018
Client phone calls, enter all data for each week. Payroll and Benefit deadlines to enter in computer. Workplace culture changing often because of the turnover in new co-workers.
Pros
Hospital events, pleasant atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and fun work place
LVN Nurse (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAMay 30, 2018
I enjoy working for a Sharp Healthcare. They have competitive pay and great benefits. It is truly the best place to work and receive healthcare. Everyone has a great personality which makes the work day go smoothly.
July 24, 2018

Your feedback regarding Sharp HealthCare benefits is appreciated. We pride ourselves on offering a competitive benefits package to our employees. Thank you for acknowledging the things we do well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sharp HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight