Sharp HealthCare Employee Reviews

Typical day for Account Analyst/Insurance Biller
Account Analyst II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 4, 2018
Making sure that proper documentation is entered into patient accounts. Verifying insurance coverage and benefits. Contacting patients for missing information or notifying on insurance decisions. Contacting insurance companies for underpayment. Working on computer 8-10 hours a day. Keeping updated on healthcare laws, regulations, coding, and any other changes.
Pros
Very good compensation/benefits & concern for employees
Cons
Overloaded do to under staffing
Fast pace and Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 20, 2018
Although the systems took a while to long into this job it fast paced,
answering calls,
knowing how to navigate the systems,
Being able to work quick
Sharp Healthcare - Best place to work in the Universe
Network Engineer II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 17, 2018
I've had many experiences working at Sharp; some god and some bad, but for the most part it was a good place to work and I enjoyed working with the majority of my co-workers.

I would recommend Sharp as a place to work for someone that is looking for a secure job that has good benefits. Advancement within the company is another story, Good luck on your endeavors.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Difficult to advance within the company.
productive, familiy like environmnent
Account Analyst II (Billing (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 16, 2018
Sharp is a family atmosphere. However management is poor and does not allow for personal growth or self esteem as an employee. Management takes on a retaliatory approach and gives the impression that they give in to gossip which is very unprofessional. Advancement in Sharp appears to be based on appearance rather than qualification.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not enough pay for the job
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 10, 2018
Sharp has some of the best management I have ever worked with. Extremely professional and supportive. The doctors are also great and treat all staff well. The pay is fair and benefits were decent. The employees all seemed happy.
Pros
Good benefits
Patient Access Service
Access Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 4, 2018
A typical day working in Access service is having adequate supplies and equipment to perform the requirements of the job which are bedside registrations outpatient/inpatients admissions, gathering insurances and billing information, assisting in meeting financial goals at the same time of ensure patients are well informed, assistance with referrals, with in the paradigm of a structured working relationship within an Trauma emergency room setting.

My work environment is a very diverse environment from every aspect of the work force of the infrastructure and every facility.
The hardest part is lacking the means to do more.

The best part of the jobs are being a part of goal(s) where every role is as important as the next persons, al beit the house keepers to the surgeons, the Medics/Firemen/law enforcement are as important as the gardener and landscapers. The Executive management roles are as important as the engineers that maintains the IT systems. Every person has an intricate part in maintaining the success of a company and their clients, patients, coworkers,subscribers, vendors,etc.
Pros
Enjoy the diversity, Fast pace, Caring and Team work
Cons
often wishing I could have done more
Productive and Fun
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 27, 2018
great place to learn. I learned a lot from there and my team was great. Management was good and the overall job culture was great. Unfortunately, I had to move.
Love Sharp
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 25, 2018
I love working at Sharp. They treat the ir employees great. Lots of opportunities to volunteer and give back to the community.Team building environments
Pros
listen to employees
You must work really hard!
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAMarch 18, 2018
Sharp is not for slackers. You always need to prove yourself 1000% at Sharp. They have very high standards. Don't call in sick. Make sure you will be able to go anywhere and do everything you are told to do.
Pros
Excellent benefits and compensation
Cons
Management difficult to work with
Fun place to work we learn something new everyday
Clerical Assist 3 (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAMarch 13, 2018
Be confident be urself sharps is a great place to work. We are constantly learning to how to provided better sharp experience to patients and their families.
Good in Theory
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 12, 2018
The organization has a good very good intent. The actual execution is lacking. The processes that are in place are antiquated and unorganized. Sr. Management is not connected to the middle managers and the lack of continuity is obvious.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
micromanaged
Awful stay away
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 28, 2018
I worked for Sharp for over 10 years , the management team couldn’t get there story straight. They tell you one thing and do the complete opposite there is no room for growth. Favoritism stay away from Sharp Rees- Stealy awful just awful the directors have absolutely clue what goes on in there own department. Unappreciated and don’t care about there employees.
Amazing work enviroment best job I've ever had
Rehab Aide (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 26, 2018
The staff that i interacted with (P.T. , O.T., and nursing) were allways nice and professional. Management was Friendly, supportive and understanding. If i was able to continue working at this job, I would not even think twice. Amazing company and amazing people.
Excellant Customer Service
Access Service Rep (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAFebruary 23, 2018
Sharp Healthcare was a wonderful place to work. They took good care of their employees. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping my patients.
I felt that they had to much of middle management.
Pros
Treated their employees well
Cons
to much middle management
Collaborative Environment
Data Center Liaison - Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 18, 2018
Sharp promotes a collaborative work environment. Great work life balance. Strongly supported by members of the community. Actively involved in charity work.
Pros
Great Health Care Coverage
Cons
Room for Advancement
Productive and fun workplace
System Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 12, 2018
Initiatives include ongoing build and system support involving the Radiation Oncology, Home Health, Hospice, Retail Pharmacy and other community-based healthcare applications and their integration with other systems. Analyze customer requirements, translate them into solid system design, with an emphasis on enhancing productivity, and standardized workflows. Initiate and complete documentation including project plans, change management, create training resources and support documents. These programs are integrated with many others systems using HL7 interfaces and must operate in a variety of environments including Citrix.
Stay away from SRS... especially Optometry department.
COA (Former Employee) –  Rancho BernardoFebruary 9, 2018
The place is cut-throat, very poor management. The company is not there for the employee. There is no communication. Favoritism is rampant, if you don't involve yourself with the mean girls crew, you get fired...
Cons
Management, stress level due to petty tactics.
Do not trust this company
Clinical (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 6, 2018
I feel your fellow employees are quality people and great to work with. The company though will tell you one thing when they hire you and then change their story, even if you're a dedicated, good employee.They will lay you off and not take responsibility in any way. They state recruiters will assist w/ finding you another position, but they don't. Beware of trusting this company with their "best place to work slogan". That is my best advice.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
No integrity as a company
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 19, 2018
Excellent place to work I truly miss my coworkers and management team. I wish I would have never moved as I know I would stay employeed with Sharp until my retirement.
job was alright
CUSTOMER RELATIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 2, 2018
the training program and instructors did not suffice in preparing us for our jobs. The managers we not available or willing to work with our personal schedules. Even though during the interview process we discussed what hours I was available to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sharp HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight