Shasta Community Health Center Employee Reviews

Stressful work environment
Visit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAApril 24, 2018
You are constantly told that what you do is wrong, yet there is no proper training. Management has no idea what they're doing and micromanage. Extremely stressful and the patients are very demanding.
Amazing place to work!
Certified Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAApril 20, 2018
I moved out of state, but if I had not, I'd still be there. I miss my work family and the experience of being part of the SCHC team! Working there has been one of the highlights of my work experience.
Pros
Helpful at all times, work with employees in all situations, community oriented and catered lunch meetings!
Cons
Face paced at times, working with many different people who may not be as ammenable as you are.
Great Place to Work
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMarch 14, 2018
You work long hours with a complex patient population. The staff makes the workplace feel like a home. It is a learning institution with a collaborative spirit.
Pros
Nice Staff and Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks and Long Hours
management
provider (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMarch 1, 2018
Management. Sigh. You take a couple night courses and anyone can be a manager at Shasta. The administration is full of inept and uncaring people who stab you in the back whenever they get the chance. Don't tell anything about yourself because they will use it against you somewhere down the road. There is a constant revolving door, the turnover is horrendous.
Pros
taking care of patients
Cons
administration, management, favoritism, lack of communication
Great place, awesome mission
Telemedicine Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAFebruary 7, 2018
You've got to believe in the mission (serving the undeserved) or you wont be happy. Also, wonderful, knowledgeable Dr.'s who are personable and compassionate. The staff is amazing, kind and caring. Check it out.
Pros
helping those who need it most
Cons
just "ok" benefits
Overall Pleasant
LVN (Former Employee) –  Redding, CANovember 8, 2017
SCHC was overall a wonderful job experience. SCHC commitment to Shasta County and it's surrounding counties to providing quality healthcare is top notch. Overall one of the best employment experiences I've had to date.
Pros
flexible with family/personal needs when they arise
Cons
management needs improving
Fast paced productive work environment
Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMay 4, 2017
As an assistant you have the opportunity to assist on a variety of dental procedures. Patients come from a variety of cultures and walk of life. The number of doctors vary so you have the opportunity to work with many.
Nice place to work and they care for their patients
Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  Redding, CANovember 30, 2015
In my time at Shasta Community Health Center, they treated their patients and the community with respect and dignity. When a patient was not able to make it at a certain time they would accommodate them and let them come in anyway. They gained a lot of respect from me.
Pros
Patient interaction, care, and pride
Cons
Not enough time in the day to keep working for the one patient.
Love the work enviornment, and the workers.
HIS Tech I (Current Employee) –  Redding, CASeptember 29, 2015
Work enviornment is great, co-workers are awesome and very helpful. Management is very supportive and encouraging. The encourage and support education, which is awesome.
Medical Front Office Coordinator
Front office Coordinator/Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJuly 6, 2015
A typical day at SCHC would have been very busy, demanding, fast pace environment at all times. I learned on a daily basis different medical needs of patients, I would manage to prioritize, I would try to be as helpful as possible to my fellow co-workers when needed, the hardest part of the job was customer service/patients. The most enjoyable part of my job was definitely Interpreting for medical professionals and patients, and Translating by performing written translation.
Pros
Always had something to do, busy.
Cons
stress due to patients
Going Downhill
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Redding, CASeptember 29, 2014
Working at SCHC could be a great experience and seems to start that way for a lot of people. But with recent changes in management and changes in operations, it has become a "stepping stone" work place and not a destination. The staff care about the patients they serve and they are a great bunch of people. But are not supported by management who seem to be inconsistent in many of their tactics, reviews, and attitudes. Management also lacks an understanding of the work done on the clinical floor and is disrespectful. This is no longer a supportive place to work and I would not recommend it to anyone ambitious.
Pros
free lunches, great satisfaction from helping patients
Cons
managment, favortism, lack of respect shown to middle and lower tiered employees.
Solid work environment
Physician Assistant Certified/Medical Director (Current Employee) –  Anderson, CAJanuary 22, 2014
Challenging and demanding work environment. Open to PA and NP autonomy. Good support between physicians and PAs/NPs. Great benefits. Complex patient population.
great work environment very friendly
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJune 27, 2013
Great work environment, very friendly co workers, a typical day would be me arriving at work at 7:30, clock-in at 8. check my emails. check patients into patient portal. check patients vitals, make reminder calls for appointments, and change data in the computer.
Pros
free lunches, perfect amount of hours, very friendly
Cons
seasonal
Love
Scribe (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAMarch 3, 2013
Working as a scribe has been the most education experience that a pre-nursing student can ask for. I am so thankful and grateful for the opportunity!
Nothing better than any other job
Visit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMay 3, 2012
It seems all great until you have been there any length of time and then they terminate you without good cause and destroy lives in the process.
Pros
great place if you stay out of the politics
Cons
termination without justifiable causes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shasta Community Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Shasta Community Health Center Reviews by Location