Shaw's Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Everyone around you is really kind
Cashier / Service Desk (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHAugust 14, 2018
Shaw's is really fun to work at because the people you work with make it great. The job itself would be okay but it's making yourself get along with everyone that makes it better for your experience.
Pros
You get paid good money
Not Great
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Wells, MEAugust 9, 2018
Crazy dispatching. They will route you 2 trips with 3 stops that is almost impossible to complete in less than 14 hours. No one cares if you are tired or dont think you have enough time to finish. It would be a good job if you are single and dont value having any time at home. You might as well just drive over the road.
Cons
No one cares and no one listens.
Fun workplace
Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Hudson, MAAugust 7, 2018
Shaws is a fun place to work, the hours are very flexible. Also, the management is very nice and the company tries to please customers as much as possible
It was lame and draining
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Randolph, MAAugust 5, 2018
A typical work day is 4-5 registers open. An over flow of lanes with customers in it, and the managers are barely around. The work culture is horrible. Everyone talks trash about each other. And it's like you don't want to be there the second you get to the parking lot
Pros
food
Cons
everything
Carriages
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAAugust 2, 2018
The hardest part was bringing the carriages inside and a lot of favoritism .I found the newest hires got the best shifts and more work days.
Pros
Time-off such as dr.Appts
Cons
Favoritism
it is a job for people getting started out
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, VT 05676July 31, 2018
bad management never any help ever great if your getting started out but awful if you are an adult they over use you to the point of exhaustion and they dont care if your sick or not so overall bad place to work
Pros
employee discount 5%, off everything, you will get a lot of hours if you want them
Cons
bad management bad communication health issues
Always short handed.
Overnight Crew Leader, Asst. Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, VTJuly 26, 2018
Was a nice place till layoffs came around. They liked to transfer you with out asking to other stores. Always getting called in and if you didn't answer your phone was reprimanded by department manager.
Pros
Earned vacation time the more hours worked
Cons
Not very compassionate
great first job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, MAJuly 26, 2018
great first job for me, many internal promotions to move up. the management was always very easy to talk to. Not hard to request certain days off, never had a problem
Overall good job
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAJuly 25, 2018
Benefits are good pay not as much but I enjoy the work I have had worse jobs most of the people are good to work with like anything else has its good and bad
Productive and fun coworkers
Front End Cashier/Bagger (Current Employee) –  Wiscasset, MEJuly 22, 2018
The amount of inconsistent hours and poor communication skills on the managing part is unacceptable and unfair in some areas, however, Shaw’s is a great company to work for. The people are nice and get along great for the most part.
Cons
Short breaks on long days
if ridicule was part of the job it would of been great.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, NHJuly 21, 2018
working there was ok fast pass didnt mind it but third shift lead wasn't very easy to get along with had a angry repoor about him to every one made it hard to work there some nights
Pros
got employee discount
Cons
bad attitude from some workers
retail
Bookkeeper/customer service/cashier/baker (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAJuly 20, 2018
Bookkeeper/customer service/cashier/baker (1/13/16 full time)
Balance cash flow of office, make sure all register lanes balance, key into computer and enter any overage/shortage. Also make sure the office balances. Aid e customer service inquiry. Attend to all customer’s needs. To produce and bake muffins and breads. Make daily muffins to be baked off, setup cookies and other bakery items.
Fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAJuly 18, 2018
Working at Shaws was good the employees and management were very friendly. I worked the cash register and often bagged and went outside to bring that carts back to the store.
Productive employees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJuly 18, 2018
Great employees. Fast pace, and flexible hours. 15 minutes breaks on any shift longer than 4 hours. Most customers are friendly. Made a lot of friends there.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Plaistow, NHJuly 16, 2018
The people were great, it was an easy job that paid well, and they make accomodations for those that needed it. I think that they treat their employees with the respect they deserve.
Lack of people who actually work
Fruit Cutter (Current Employee) –  Cohasset, MAJuly 14, 2018
I feel like I work hard and it is really discouraging to work hard and get paid the same or less than people who dont work at all. It wasnt an awful job but nobody gets in trouble for not working.
Great job for young people
Grocery Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 11, 2018
i worked as a cashier and grocery clerk and got some good experience that would help me towards other opportunities in the future. It is a great first step until something better comes along
Not bad but definitely not the best
Fruit Cutter (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAJuly 11, 2018
Department manager isn’t very smart and leaves messes for her employees, as well as the assistant manager. It seems as if they have no experience and just got thrown in.
Wouldn't recommend to work
coustomer service rep (Former Employee) –  Walpole, NHJuly 10, 2018
I worked there for 2 years until my manager told me the next time I had a family member decide to die I should let him know in advance . I was so upset I gave my 2 weeks and this was after I lost a son, a father, a family friend, and my grandmother was dying all in 2 months. The manager was hardly nice. But I did like the customers. And the other employees.
Ok place to work
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fair Haven, VTJuly 7, 2018
Place was old and wasn't taken care of very well by upper management. Many employees complained about management and also the condition of the store. Small space to work in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shaw's. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight