Shaw's Employee Reviews

Found 1,095 reviews matching the search See all 1,109 reviews
Good place for PT work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rockland, MEJanuary 16, 2019
My personal experience with Shaw's has been a good one. I am disabled and work there to supplement my SSDI. I have limited ability to stand for long periods of time so I have been provided a reasonable accommodation. The employees and management are very nice and accomodating. My hours and days are generally flexible with the exception that weekends are the busiest so I am expected to be available on those days.
Pros
flexible hours; employee discount
Cons
minimum wage
Good place to start
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, NHJanuary 15, 2019
A learned a lot in this place honestly wish family stuff didn't go down as hard as it did so i kinda had to leave but great place to shop great place to work also subscribe to pewdiepie
Fun workplace, friendly employees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, MEJanuary 14, 2019
Working here was the best work experience I’ve had. Other employees and management were very nice and accommodating. They all did everything they could to make sure everyone had a good day.
Pros
Discount, good breaks
Productivity changes with the seasons
Cashier/Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  North Providence, RIJanuary 12, 2019
There are many departments to learn but there are always limited hours for the part-timers. You have to be with the company for 3 years before you're able to receive health benefits for a low price. Hours are constantly being cut, but you're bale to pick up a few extra when other employees call out.
Pros
Breaks are good, some space to advance, weekly pay, raises
Cons
Limited hours, healthcare and benefits, work can be tedious
Great place if you are in with the right people.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VTJanuary 10, 2019
They lack training. They expect something to be done the right way but when someone is to ask a question or do something wrong the person gets in trouble. All because they don’t train properly.
No advancement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Raynham, MAJanuary 10, 2019
At shaws my managers were terrible, we are part of the union and they are not allowed to change your schedule after it is posted unless they contact you first hand but they do not. I missed a couple of my shifts because of lack of communication.
Decent work place
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAJanuary 10, 2019
at times stressful. Few benefits. Fine for entry level students Management can be incredibly annoying and can step on their own feet. co-workers made the work environment better.
Dont work for shaws
Meat manager and pm manager (Former Employee) –  MaineJanuary 7, 2019
They will promise you everything and take it away and say you meed to be more of a team player so for most people full time is 40 hours at shaws its 32 unless you make minimum wage then its 40. They discriminate against your wage the higher you move up. Cut hours cut hours be a team player. Sorry my team is my family.
Good starter job
Floral Manager (Current Employee) –  East Providence, RIJanuary 4, 2019
Flexible hours, competitive pay, fast work pace, good company. Great for someone looking for a management position starting from the bottom up. Great for high school students.
Pros
Plenty of breaks
Cons
Strenuous work
Ok place to work
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, NHJanuary 4, 2019
I only got done working there due to a couple power hungry managers that caused stress in the work place and the fact the store manager played favorites

Want to know more about Shaw's?

Ask a question
Productive workplace
BAKERY CLERK (Current Employee) –  Dorchester, MAJanuary 3, 2019
Shaws was a great place to work at if you wanted friendly managers and coworkers. Working there was consisted of a lot of standing but you get a lot of work done.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 22, 2018
Their hours are really flexible and fit toward your own schedule. The managers are friendly at times and the coworkers are nice. You get discounts but have to be able to deal with customers in a professional manner.
Pros
discounts, lunches, food in break room
Cons
going outside to do carts
Fun
Shaws (Former Employee) –  Williston, VTDecember 18, 2018
All of the workers were cool to talk to the manger was nice and customer was nice everybody was nice and good working job. There is never a problem with the customers or the workers
Bad
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Randolph, VTDecember 18, 2018
I don't suggest it it is mostly a struggle job so you can just barely scrape by but it is not a job you could have a family live off of it wouldn't work
A good foot in the door into the workforce
Cashier and Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 17, 2018
It was an ok job, the worst part that bothered me is that they did not take sanitary and safety measure seriously at all. It repulsed me, and every effort I made to have it change went unseen.
Great starter job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEDecember 17, 2018
This was my first job. I enjoyed it because it gave me customer service skills and a paycheck while still going to highschool. I thought working there helped a lot with getting into the work force. The pay wasn't great but at the same time it was a starter job and I had no bills to pay so I was not struggling to make ends meet.
Pros
Easy job. Fun. Simple.
Cons
Repetitive.
Bagger. Not a very fast pace environment.
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Plaistow, NHDecember 17, 2018
when i bagged the customers belongings i am appropriate to the customers and say hello how are you today, then i said have a good day or a holiday. its not a fast pace environment at all so i stock.
good place to work to start
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VTDecember 14, 2018
When I first started at shaws I made good friends and had good support behind me, however the longer I worked there, the less hours got, meaning less pay
Pros
Good people, breaks, paid leave
Cons
pay, unfair hours, short breaks
Challenging place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 14, 2018
Very bussy store fun challenging and has a variety of cultures to deal with every day. there is no hardest part in there very easy job good management and very friendly.
Great first job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MADecember 12, 2018
As a 14 year old in high school this was a great place to learn work ethic and some money while still in school. Even attending some college this was a great backup to have for breaks and even weekends.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shaw's. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight