Shaw's
62Average

Shaw's Employee Reviews

United States1,396 reviews
Found 1,396 reviews matching the search
It's your typical cashier job. The management is really understanding. It's just a boring job sometimes. They try to keep you occupied during the day, but there's only so much to do in one day.
Shaws cares about their customers and employees very much it can be very busy at times, however it’s a great opportunity to build new bonds and relationships with people. We are all one big family
Pros
Flexible hours, good opportunity for meeting new people, easy to learn
Cons
Can be busy/chaotic, due to COVID-19 extra precautions are being taken
Its a good work environment overall with great co-workers. Sometimes can be very busy and stressful. Store management doesn't usually offer much help, just tells you to "figure it out". They usually care more about money than employee happiness.
Pros
flexible, sometimes fun, good coworkers
Cons
very stressful, busy, very little appreciation
My time at Shaw's has given me great experience being in a fast paced environment but at times it seems management simply over works their employees and don't not try an understand or give the help that's actually required of the job.
Pros
Meet new people, get experience for fast paced environment
Cons
Management doesn't necessarily care for the employees, just simply care about the dollar bill
Job can be very high stress, not always dependent on you but the drivers who deliver the goods, crew can be harsh but on good days theres nothing like the good teamwork you get
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
There is great stuff, and some drawbacks about working for Shaw’s. Not unlike other companies, however being part of a union is great. All in all, if you are willing to work hard for them they will take care of you.
Due to civic 19 I am on break but I work hard and the managers seem to be nice towards all. I need to work more but most people there seem nice and care about others.
Awful managers who cared nothing about themselves. I worked for 3 months until I had enough and left. I have never stepped foot in any shaws again and never will.
Produce is tough work a lot of heavy lifting all the time the employees are very nice and a good working environment it would be best if you have an open availability
Most people are nice, some room for advancement but some managers play favorites with their employees. Friendly coworkers who conversate while still working hard.
It was very okay. Okay it definitely was. It was pretty alright. A lot to complain about, but a lot is quite okay. Perfectly average. As all things should be.
Assembly and warehouse worker. Nobody wants to help anyone. No team work at all. Over work the good people. Underplayed good workers. Promised raises but never got it all.
I loved working at Shaw’s in Randolph MA. I loved the people I worked with, the customers were rude at times but the front end manager always had our back.
If you are requesting time off you constantly have to check your online schedule to see if your time off was approved or denied, because they dont notify you at all until you end up getting a call saying you were supposed to be in at whatever time but you try and explain that you requested time off. So keep that in mind.
It’s was a good temporary job for me. Most of the staff was friendly and kept up a happy attitude. I felt very pressured and didn’t fit in at that job.
Good company pays good you work hard management was good customers can be rude but the people that work there are great I like it and got along with everybody
The company isn’t bad to work for l. The schedule is all over the place. I liked the work I works produce/grocery/maintenance the problem is goals are impossible to meet. When you think you did really well and worked hard to close a department you would come in yo your department manger telling you that you didn’t do enough he wasn’t there night before and has no idea heat you had to do. Basically Mangment won’t be happy no matter what you do they tell you to do better
Honestly have never worked for a worse company. Management in my store was an overall nightmare, entirely corporate based. I got nothing for over 3 years of service, not worth the time or effort.
The policy is baffling. They hired me before doing a background check, had me do the training, then let me go after I was upfront and honest with them regarding my past history. They need not to hire people until they are satisfied with everything about the employee applying.
Learning different types of food is important because every food has a different affect on the people. The prices are correct the food is updated and tagged.
Busy a lot of things to do and set up in mornings and throughout the day. A lot of fun and good people to work with. It’s a very highly demanding job.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shaw's. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight