Shaw Group Employee Review

Great place to work it's like an extended family
Claims Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILOctober 7, 2013
My job consists of a lot of customer service, speaking on the phone with clients, doctors and the different social security offices.

The management in our office is very knowledgeable in regards to the social security disability process, and in turn has made myself very knowledgeable also. We are a big team, co-workers are friendly and help each other with any questions one may have.

The hardest part of the job was learning some of the different social security rules because of the never ending changes to that system; although sometimes difficult, it is challenging and is quite rewarding to see all your hard work pay off when a case is approved.
Pros
The job is Monday through Friday 8:00 to 5:00.
Cons
Family health care costs are more than one gets paid every 2 weeks.

Other Shaw Group Employee Reviews

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2018
Fair Salary, Good management, fun environment. Good work ethic among employees. Good benefits and time paid off. Good advancement for employees awesome place to work.
Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Robinson, ILApril 5, 2018
This was a gas fire project and was very fast pace, enjoyed the work and the folks that I worked with. it was humbling to know that I was part of a team that would build power.
Pros
Learned lots of new things
Cons