Shaw Industries Employee Reviews

Overall not bad for a manufacturer
Sidematch Feeder (Former Employee) –  Franklin, NCOctober 19, 2018
Shaw is a decent company to work for. Pay is fair just not up to the cost of living for this area. Turnover rate is high due to them blindly hiring everyone and anyone. That would be my biggest concern. Having to work with people who was just there to work. They disregard safety and/or respect. Shaw does give many opportunities for advancement and the management is pretty good. They make notice of people who work hard. Upper management is also ok. Could use some improvements in Human Resources. Seems to be disorganized.
Pros
Decent Pay, Great working environment(except the few airheads), advancement opportunities, benefits
Cons
Human Resources, Down Time (equipment failure)
A great place to work
Hard Surface Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 5, 2018
Every day had a lot of variety with room to manage as you deemed best; autonomy.

I learned how to: manage time efficiently, adapt to differing personalities for greater connection and mutual benefit, problem solve with creativity, develop innovative solutions, interpret data quickly and apply for desired results.

Management was supportive, providing direction, guidance and resources for results.

The workplace culture was always positive with supportive resources.

The hardest part was the learning curve of any manager overseeing vast amounts of accounts, sales, people, resources, contacts, data, etc... This, also was one of the best things as it led to a tremendous amount of fast-track learning.

The most enjoyable part was multi-tasking and learning how to stream-line while also increasing productivity and returns.
If you're over 40
Employee (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 10, 2019
The company is called a Shaw industries, but it's actually owned by the parent company Berkshire Hathaway. The company provides decent compensation and benefits. Local plant management are good people. But the culture of the parent company is one that looks down on those who get their degree later in life and then try to promote. If you're 24, 25, or 26 years old and fresh out of college, especially with any type of engineering degree, the sky's the limit for you and it should be. But that's true anywhere. But if you're over 40 and you've been working out in the plant and you go back to school and earn your degree, the chances of you promoting are slim to none. The chance of even getting an interview are very very weak. The most you can reasonably ever hope to achieve is a position as a shift supervisor. Not a bad job. It's a salary position, which is great as far as steady paycheck. But even though you're technically management you'll never be treated like management. You'll work the same hours and more as the hourly employees on your shift (can include nights, weekends, and holidays), but you'll never be invited to lunch with the rest of the management team and you're one of the only salary management positions that is classified as "exempt" (no overtime), but gets no bonus whatsoever.
There are some really good people in management. But nice people to work for doesn't pay back your student loans.
Pros
Good work life balance/decent pay and benefits
Cons
Youth obsessed.
Good company with great people
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GASeptember 6, 2018
The culture is professionally conservative, which I experienced as refreshing. Was given an opportunity to perform a role with no previous formal experience in that field. The workforce is ageing and the majority of people in my department have been with the company for 15+ years. Most of my coworkers are exceptionally warm and genuine people. Of course, there are issues with projects and resources just like any other company, and you will have your fair share of business frustrations. But overall, it has been a great experience and it will be hard to leave my coworkers in the event I accept an offer somewhere else. Benefits are adequate, but not great.
Workplace
Winder Operator (Former Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GANovember 15, 2018
I truly enjoyed working there. The pay was very good for our area. The work was fast pay. I had a production job. Really hate it shut down. The management was fair. We could also use our vacation days at anytime. We could use as many hours as we wanted. Ranging from one hour to 8 hours. The insurance was decent. We had dental, vision, healthcare, 401k. Safety was very important at Shaw. We had decent breaks. My supervisor was the best.
Pros
Clean workplace management was fair
Cons
Production was to high sometimes
Wss a ok place
B Level Scheduler/Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GADecember 13, 2018
Need better management skills. Working here was excellent but no room for advancement. Need better pay and work ethics. I liked getting paid weekly. Need better benefits.
Pros
Dinners
Cons
Insurance was terrible
Fast pace work environment
Pole Hyster Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GADecember 21, 2018
Fast pace Pole Hyster Forklift environment. Working with 70+ forklift drivers with carpet rolls on their poles. Unloading carpet rolls, finding carpet rolls in the warehouse to be put on a cut table or loaded onto a outbound trailer.
Pros
Helpful people and job satisfaction when you meet your goal for the day.
Cons
Limited upward mobility, Pay raise every 7+ years and always far less than High insurance increases. Can't Win.
Competitive Work Environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAOctober 10, 2018
Moving into a more diverse intentional environment.
Good benefits and offer work life balance concept.
Positions other than manufacturing are open to explore advancement opportunities.
Great place to work and good income potential
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 9, 2018
Shaw Industries is a fantastic company with great income potential and benefits. Excellent training program with lots of different opportunities depending on your skill set. They allow you to have the freedom to work hard and be rewarded financially.
Pros
Run your territory as your own business
Cons
Non
lad back place to work no pressure
Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 14, 2018
good place to work but the hours will verify up and down I received driver safety awards all five years and was put down as an excellent rehire. we had christmas partys and quarterly bonus. management was easy to get along with ,went u need time off it no problem ,they had up to date tractors good equipment.
Pros
job security
Cons
huors of work per week
Very stressful
Wrapper Operator (Former Employee) –  Ringgold, GAAugust 10, 2018
I worked for shaw industries for 19 years. I was fired for attendance due to no transportation at the time. Everything is a secret from the employees. They closed plants and seemed you to another plant to work. I was bullied and stalked in the 19 years that I worked I, nothing was followed up by supervisors or management. I worked for plant 47 in ringgold ga.
Pros
Insurance and paid vacation
Cons
No sick days, short breaks and you weren't allowed outside the building.
Could be great just not for me
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Athens, TNDecember 5, 2018
Shaw could be great for some individuals just not for me where management cared for there employees and didn’t care to work them selves moral was hard to keep up due to long hour at low pay
Pros
Clean environment great management
Cons
Long hours not paid enough
Lots of room to grow
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GADecember 10, 2018
I worked at several plants with advancements from one to the next. You will never get bored in this environment. There is always something to learn. Very informative with safety precautions and products.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Excellent place to work
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 3, 2019
There are only positive things to say about Shaw Industries. The culture is extremely fair. If someone works at Shaw they usually never leave. Its just a great place to create a career.
Shaw Industries is a decent place to work.
Nuemag Operator (Current Employee) –  Thomson, GASeptember 25, 2018
A typical day involved stacking at least 22 pallets. I had to string up my machine consistently and constantly during the night. It was hot, but i did have a fan. Management was fine.
Pros
free lunch if team performed at a above standard level
Cons
opportunity for advancement not high
I enjoyed working at Shaw Industries
CANADA CUSTOMS/NAFTA ANALYST II (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GASeptember 21, 2018
I enjoyed working at Shaw. The job was challenging and there was opportunity for advancement. You are rewarded for your hard work. Shaw also has a very good benefits package.
Productive place to work
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJanuary 13, 2019
Overall not a bad place to work just need more raises .Work is fast paste got to be willing to work most weekends .a lot do good and experience workers.
Pros
No lay offs
Cons
No raise promise
Stressful
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Kent, WANovember 5, 2018
Working for Shaw was extremely stressful. They have poor management and high expectations for workers. There is also no room to move up in the company.
Pros
The pay rate
Cons
The management, work performed, and culture of the warehouse
Shaw is a decent place to work
Material Operator (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 17, 2019
Shaw was a good place to work ,, benefits and decent salary,, clean and competitive, easy parking and decent coworkers , Insurance good and decent supervision.
Great job
Twister Operator (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaDecember 26, 2018
I liked working at Shaw. You get good pay, good benefits , good vacation time.. You work steady around a goood management team. Shaw is a good place to work.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
No cons