Shaw Industries Employee Reviews

Pay is good at Shaw
Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GASeptember 20, 2018
Shaw has a good starting pay. Hiring very young individuals. Management needs a training program that would allow them to deal with the younger generation
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very hot, poor management
its a good place to work
Lift Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Ringgold, GASeptember 18, 2018
fair place to work, not much OT available, not a very physical job, sit on lift truck all 8 hours, clean environment, easy job for the money, just too far to drive for me
A good place to work and good break time and area.
Machine Operator model 8 (Former Employee) –  Plant #65 Andalusia , AlabamaSeptember 18, 2018
Push,pulled finish work to shipping area lace doff climbing standing stooping.a lot of atticive work in a good place to work.you get to work around all kind of people's. All races.
Pros
30 min breaks
Cons
15 min breaks and good cignal ins
overall good place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GASeptember 18, 2018
I enjoyed working with shaw. quick paced and a lot of different jobs you could learn and move up in. I wish I could have kept working there but was a a temp and had some health issues that did not get allow me to get hired on.
You have no life
Twisting Operator (Current Employee) –  Andalusia, ALSeptember 17, 2018
The job requires to much time you work long hours the jobs are under paid but they do give you allot of job opportunities to move forwards and learn new jobs
Blender Operator II (Former Employee) –  Andalusia, ALSeptember 13, 2018
I worked there for 22 1/2 years and thought the grass was greener on the other side as the old saying goes and left the company, but quickly found out it’s not. There is ample time off at Shaw Industries and great pay. It’s more like family than anything working at Shaw Industries. If I get the chance to go back to work there I will.
Pros
Time off and great pay
Cons
Job advancement or transfers can take too long at times.
Business Director (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GASeptember 10, 2018
Shaw has a clear focus on advancement and succession planning. Business progress and direction is communicated throughout the organization with freedom to make decisions at the division level to exceed those objectives.

The individual is treated with respect and given training to excel if that individual wishes to do so.

Great place to work!
Its ok place to work. Coworkers are like family
Patcher (Former Employee) –  Clinton, SCSeptember 9, 2018
Enjoyed being off and getting paid holidays. Celebrate your birthday month,and you could pick how you receive your check. The on duty nurse was really good at making sure if you set a goal to get in shape she encourages you in
Pros
Hot coffee
Cons
Couldnt leave for lunch
Good company with great people
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GASeptember 6, 2018
The culture is professionally conservative, which I experienced as refreshing. Was given an opportunity to perform a role with no previous formal experience in that field. The workforce is ageing and the majority of people in my department have been with the company for 15+ years. Most of my coworkers are exceptionally warm and genuine people. Of course, there are issues with projects and resources just like any other company, and you will have your fair share of business frustrations. But overall, it has been a great experience and it will be hard to leave my coworkers in the event I accept an offer somewhere else. Benefits are adequate, but not great.
shaw
Forklift operator/Inventory checker (Current Employee) –  Calhoun County, GASeptember 5, 2018
Shaw Industries Group, Inc. supplies carpet, resilient, hardwood, laminate, tile and stone flooring products and synthetic turf to residential and commercial markets worldwide. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. with approximately 20,000 associates worldwide. Shaw is headquartered in Dalton, Georgia, with salespeople and/or offices located throughout the U.S. as well as Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, France, India, Mexico, Singapore, United Arab Emirates and the United Kingdom.
High stress in my job line
Electrician/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Franklin, NCSeptember 5, 2018
working in maintenance there is a high stress level. Half the work required is performed without supervision. most of the work performed if done with limited instruction and very limited resources.
About shaw
Hyster driver (Current Employee) –  Adairsville, GASeptember 2, 2018
Management needs to improve. They have it to where you can't move. Up very fast. They also have some people they like and some they don't. Some higher up people arw very rude and they dont care about there employes. They the best part is when its time to clock out and go home. Ihave learned that making more money isnt the most important thing. I go in and learn different things everyday i have some good coworkers.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short breaks
Great job
Utility Relief (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GASeptember 1, 2018
seekers becoming familiar with a company before committing to joining their team. That's why we've compiled thousands of real company reviews, from real employees, to help you make a more educated decision. Know the company you want to research? Use
It was the strictest place that I have ever worked.
Plant Electrician (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAAugust 31, 2018
I worked on projects mostly, every now and then I would cover for one of the shift electricians. The guys in maintenance were great to work with. A new Maintenance manager came to work there and he and I didn't get along so I found employment elsewhere.
Pros
Great maintenance team.
Cons
Super strict.
productive
Utility (Former Employee) –  South Pittsburg, TNAugust 29, 2018
It was an ok place to work. The pay was very good for the area. The insurance could have been better. The people that you work with are friendly and work as a team.
Pros
pay and free lunches
Cons
insurance was not great
Overall a good company
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAAugust 28, 2018
Most people you'll meet has been with the company for over 20 years, and most managers will go out of their way to help you out. They'll give you opportunities to meet many directors.
It was a good job but to much favottism
Line operator (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAAugust 25, 2018
I loved the job because u really didn't have to use your vacation days because with the work schedule and the days off we ended up working months out of the year.but got paid every week
Shaw
Twisting operator (Former Employee) –  Andalusia, ALAugust 25, 2018
It's tough hours but the pay is really well and they have a unique off day system which will give you time to focus on other things in life. I recommend it.
Work Environment
Process Engineering (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAAugust 22, 2018
Very professional and I enjoyed my time at Shaw. There were so many growth opportunities depending on what one's career path. There is job security and most employees were happy to work there.
Overall company
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chickamauga, GA 30707August 21, 2018
Focused on safety above everything else. Production factors are also important. They have various no tolerance policies that can affect everyone regardless of position or status.
Benefits
Cons
Production Schedule