Shawcor Employee Reviews

Dysfunctional is an understatement
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAApril 1, 2019
Stay away, don't pretend you were not warned. This place works you to the bone, tells you that you need to work saturday at 11pm friday night. Management is clueless and no body cares about any of us employees.
Pros
Cons
Cant even take breaks or lunches. Illegal practices are everywhere
Ok place to work not enough money
OD Tech grinder ect (Current Employee) –  Channelview, TXJanuary 24, 2019
Work not hard relaxed paced I learned how to blast production pipe the people are friendly the hardest part of the job is the down time when machines would break
Pros
Sometimes they’d bring breakfast
Cons
Hardly no breaks short lunches
No fun.
heavy machine operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2019
They can make all tha money amd never appreciate you. It real dirty work they talk to. U any kind of way I train people and everything go beyond my means go out my way get along with everybody treat everyone properly
Pros
Only when they made alot money
Poor Advancement Opportunities
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Poteet, TXNovember 5, 2018
I personally hired on with the understanding that I would be allowed to get more certifications as a progressed in the job. However, after 90 days on the job I was told that I wouldn't be allowed to go for further certifications because there was no need at the time for me to get more certifications. I hired on to get certified and do advance inspection techniques however, that NEVER happened and I decided to seek employment elsewhere.
Pros
Per Diem for most jobs
Cons
Poor Management and Broken Promises
HSE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXOctober 20, 2018
Management and Safety culture need to be improved. Safety culture need more best practices in place with BOC- balances of consequences.
Job descriptions aren’t defined and subject to change your position by demotion.
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
Management system need improvement
Work was fast paced, but fun. Management was always willing to answer any and all questions.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 25, 2018
I started as a temporary employee, within 5 months was hired on full time, received full benefits immediately and 2 weeks of vacation. Worked mainly days, only infrequently worked over nights to strip pipe that required re-coating. Management would buy lunch about once a month, made sure that breaks were given on time and that gatorade was provided during hot weather, and coffee for colder weather. Great place to work.
Pros
Work place and pay
Cons
Lay offs due to lack of pipe orders.
Terrible Management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 6, 2018
I was hired on in a hopeless position. The manager had favorites that he would never write up for unsigned tickets. Not that the manager was ever present in the time I was employed there. I would be reprimanded for sending notifications to technicians with outstanding tickets, but wanted me to make a difference in the outstanding ticket list. I was unprepared for a payroll, and given inaccurate information, on top of the system's being down. This caused a major disruption in a few paychecks of the guys. I HIGHLY DON'T RECOMMEND WORKING FOR THIS DUMPSTER FIRE!!
Nice company
Data Integrity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2018
Great to work for but not strong in the NDT world. Good for x ray only. Still acts like a a mom and pop shop. Growing company but not enough force in the Gulf coast area.
Pros
Great company
fun
Worker 1 (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXMay 29, 2018
fun place to work every one is so friendly and nice. always make your 40 hrs or more. overtime is always provide. work late night till 12 am and still expect to come back at 6:30 am
Very productive just bad work life balance
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Channelview, TXMay 15, 2018
Very productive just bad work life balance. The management was very good and had good benefits for the employees. At the time there was no opportunities to advance in my career.
Very demanding Job and rewarding
NONDESTRUCTIVE TEST TECHNICIAN, LEVEL II (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 15, 2018
I enjoyed working for Shawcor. Very physical and rewarding job. It was a new adventure every day. Sometimes dangerous but always we always practiced safety first. Would gladly work there again.
poor management
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 24, 2018
Management used to be good when this company was Desert NDT. Now that it is Shawcor, they treat their employees more like numbers than people. Many people are leaving Shawcor and management doesn't have a clue as to why. However, it is a good stepping stone for those trying to get into the industry with no experience.
Pros
Good Place To Start, Free Training.
Cons
Poor Management
Not productive, poor management, no intention of advancing employees.
Flex Member (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAJanuary 10, 2018
The company would rather hire 100 temps per year than hire 10 people on to their company. Allow poor management people in lead positions. Focus on money not employee health.
decent place
Assistant Technician (Current Employee) –  Henryetta, OKDecember 20, 2017
good pay/benefits, but i was not given the hours/wk i desired due to overhiring by upper management and was only scheduled for 7 weeks out of the 4 months i worked for them.
Pros
good pay
Cons
terrible hiring procedure
Poor management
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXDecember 8, 2017
Management was terrible and work environment was completely unprofessional. There are no benefits as they hire you through a temp agency. Everyone there seems to be out for themselves.
Pros
Slow pace
Cons
Everything else
Low Pay
RAW MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Channelview, TXDecember 7, 2017
this job policies are low will not hire anyone with a background ever and only pay production workers 10.00 hourly. The people there are sweet but trying to grow with this company's a no go
Pros
alot of hours
Cons
no life
Tendency to be old-fashioned
VP HR (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 27, 2017
Need to move forwards in their management of people. Dated in their approach to management styles and approach.
Limited communication of strategy and occasionally cliques would drive the comms.
Good people
North America Accounting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2017
The general office feeling has declined along with the price of oil as well as the addition of a Dutch president who is very aloof and non-communicative.
Lots of travel
API Inspector (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 24, 2017
Sat at home for the 1st 6-7 months of the year, collecting a guaranteed 60hrs per pay period. Management has gone down hill, the manager is great but he shoulders all the responsibility and ends up with a horrible lack of communication. Horrible project planning, and once it gets more then one job they cant handle it. Some of the guys I worked with were awesome, it felt like a family in the office I was located in, Benefits arent bad but not worth the headache and stress.
Temporary Admin Asst
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 4, 2017
Was in training to help the VP with admin things

Helped clear out the extra stuff brought over from the merging of two offices.

Started working on the new rebranding steps for the office.

This was a temporary position and I tried to help as much as i could, and it was very rewarding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shawcor. Our community is ready to answer.