Shawmut Design and Construction Employee Reviews

ok company
Laborer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 12, 2018
Really didn't enjoy my time with this company due to the lack of work. I was promised a career and I ended up on the unemployment list with in two weeks.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
not enough work
Abusive/ Insulting/ Bullying 2 the Extreme
Field Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 23, 2018
Positive culture is not represented in the construction management team. Field a revolving door. Too many managers not on the same page. Technology great. #1 reason people leave a job is not pay its job satisfaction. Clearly the different departments that operate within this large organization are all on different pages on how they run a company and the philosophy behind being successful. Unfortuate. The lack of respect displayed by the lifers here is completely out of character for the image they push. Complete schoolyard bullies was Zero professionalism when interacting with their teams.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Construction Managers are unprofessional and lack heart, manage with insults, are top heavy, layers of managers on different pages.
Accounts Payable
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 7, 2018
Shawmut scanned invoices and req. to process in Timberline. Contacted subs when they needed to lien waivers to release checks. When to hospitality and processed the client req., put together closeout docs.
Pros
Lunch
Unhappy ending
Assistant Superintendent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2018
Shawmut was great to me until the last two months I was sent to the west coast from NYC and had a very bad experience on a project and was sent home early only to be laid off
Pros
Paid down time
Cons
Insane work schedules
The company culture is embracing
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 30, 2017
The assigned projects and the associated team members (in-house and outside the company) are important to one's evaluation of the experience. Each project presents a unique approach.
really good
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2017
I left to go to work for more money at Hollister construction turned out to be a mistake Shawmut was and still is a very good company to work for they set you up for success
Excellent Company
SCCM Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 9, 2017
Great company to work for, low stress while remaining challenging. Great culture, in an employee owned company. Employees matter, work ethic matters, everyone contributes.
Pros
Employee owned, great work environment
Cons
position was contract
I loved working at Shawmut
User Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 12, 2017
Wonderful people, wonderful attmosphere. Great company overall and a product you can be proud of. I would have stayed a lot longer if the construction industry didn't have a terrible time in 2008/2009.
not a nice place to work
Payroll (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 21, 2017
Lots of perks, good benefits. However, very long hours. Management leaves a lot to be desired. Many nice people on board, not all are nasty. And some are downright rude.
Pros
marketing dept. hands a lot of marketing items out.
Cons
long, long hours, the training you receive is minimal at best
Productive and professional work environment. Excellent introduction to construction management career
Intern/Coop Project Management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2017
The workplace culture promotes one of productivity while also having a fun and enjoyable attitude as well. It provided me a great introduction to the world of project management and construction operations through their internship program
Pros
Great company outings, access to new and innovative technology
Great for new to the work field
Contract Administrator/Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 21, 2017
If you are just out of school this is a great place to be. you will learn a lot and get your foot in the door. Not so much if you have been in the business for years.
Pros
benifits
Cons
long days
Great Company
Senior Desktop Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 15, 2017
The End-Users are amazing. Mixed Culture. Clean Office..
There's opportunities for growth & learning. It will be a great place for someone that wishes to get involved in construction field
Pros
Great People
Cons
N/a
Assistant Estimator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 14, 2017
Great place to work. Great benefits. It's a high school mentality with a boy's club feel. They cover all of your health care and it is an employee company.
Pros
Free lunch, Great management
Cons
Childish co workers, boys club mentality, screaming PX's
Productive place
Intern (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 3, 2017
Think this company is a great place to work. It is very personable and they are focused on the growth of their employees. It is a place where I have grown a lot.
Pros
free lunch sometimes and drinks
Cons
sitting at desk a lot
My experience at Shawmut
Construction Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 16, 2017
During my internship at Shawmut Design and Construction I learned many things about being a project manager. During a typical day of work I would submit RFI and Submittals for two separate jobsites on deadlines which were always met. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was being able to go into the meetings with the APM, PM, Architect and building owners to see how the project has progressed of the past week.
overall good
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 28, 2017
Great Company with Great people.
Best Projects, Best locations.
I enjoyed the experience and the projects that were presented to me were world class, unique and challenging.
Pros
type of projects
Was fun
Traveling Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 19, 2017
I have neither bad nor good to say about Shawmut at this time. Some office personnel fake the niceties well. the way that some people are layed off puts a bitter taste.
Office Jocky
Office Jocky (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 1, 2016
Shawmut can be a good company to work for depending on where you work and who manages the work area. As an ESOP longevity is rewarded with a good retirement plan.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Some management
Challenging, demanding yet fun environment
Senior User Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2016
Each day is unique. Impromptu situations arise with the need to handle multiple issues simultaneously. I embrace the challenges and get satisfaction is providing solutions especially in unusual cases.
Pros
Employee events with free lunches
Cons
Constantly busy with little free time
Shawmut Design & Construction
Receptionist/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2016
Shawmut is an excellent place to work for. The environment is absolutely positive and engaging. I have learned so much from my manager and supervisor. Three of the most important things I have learned are organizational skills, prioritizing, and addressing people's needs. My co-workers and I get along really well. We are a team before anything. Communication and hard work are present at all times. I believe the hardest part of my job at Shawmut is not being able to say NO when I need to. As a result, I find myself sometimes overwhelmed. However, I analyze my situation and I am currently working on this specific skill. After all, I enjoy helping others in need.
Pros
NON stop learning