Sheakley Employee Reviews

good company
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 20, 2018
As with any job there were ups and downs. My team was a great team - always willing to help and worked well together. The management was great and the company appeared to care about you.
Cut Throat Environment
former CRS (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati OHMarch 9, 2018
They expect you to work your tail off, to better the company and expect teams to go above and beyond the call of duty. Upper Management makes decision and don't or can't work claims on a day to day basis. They are $$ hungry and want every drop of blood from certain teams. This place and decision will fail. The people doing audits are not smart enough to work claims and make more mistakes than the people they are auditing. They treat you bad in the MCO and expect every thing to be sunshine and rainbows. This is a toxic place to work.
Pros
Cons
Freedom when you get off / toxic environment
Not so good
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati,OhioFebruary 20, 2018
The MCO is treated like trash . The president of the company doesn’t care anything about the MCO. Other divisions such as PEO is treated so much better. The MCO is just business hungry vs valuing employees happiness. Sheakley wants you to buy their apparel but it’s 50-100 dollars but we make nothing. Managers have to pay for everything out of their pockets from Christmas Parties to lunches. Sheakley does fundraising for United Way/lighthouse and the MCO raises the most money out of all the divisions for these campaigns but yet the MCO is mistreated.
Receptionist/Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 18, 2018
Before current supervisor,my job was awesome. Always on the go, problem solving,th ways to save money in the mailroom.I loved my job
People are great and I always tried to make work fun
The company gives a Christmas gift card for 25 dollars to every employee and a yearly picnic and employee appreciation breakfast
Pros
Vacation days health insurance
Cons
Salary freezing in some departments
Good work enviorment
Utilization Management support (Former Employee) –  Springdale, OHDecember 29, 2017
People are super friendly, I couldnt be happier to be a part of such a wonderful work place. There is hardly drama, the training on your job is really good.
Pros
good people
Cons
low pay
Poor Management!
Risk management (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 31, 2017
Risk Management Consultant (Current Employee), Louisville, KY – January 31, 2017
Pros: Pay/Benefits
Cons: Management/lack of support

Excellent pay and benefits but management is poor. Training is lacking and there seems to be no structure in place. They make significant changes almost on a monthly basis. Not recommended for long-term employment. There is a high turnover rate which isn't surprising considering management offers zero support to employees.
Pros
Salary
Cons
poor management/training
Large company with great vision!
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 8, 2016
Sheakley brings a clean product to market that helps employers solve problems and issues that are associated with managing employees, to include payroll processing. Working here can often times be very fun but sometimes the process is disrupted when the upper level managers start to over control the processes. Often times this leads to multiple missed steps and project failures. Overall, Sheakley is made up of a solid base of competent employees who are very capable of completing any task given to them.
Pros
Technology, products, and friendly co-workers.
Cons
Money hungry managers who are out of touch with reality.
Great Place to Work
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 28, 2016
I have been here for over two years and love the people I work with and the management. Strong team.

I have learned so much since working here and it has enhanced my skills.

I enjoy working my queue and can manage the workload.
Pros
no evenings or weekends and can work at home; great benefits
Worst place ive ever worked!!!!
rn case manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 2, 2015
Coworkers rude and unfriendly. Hostile environment causing poor productivity. Unstructured training with noneducational "trainers". Unprofessional managers and HR personnel!!!!
Pros
Cons
Toxic work environment
Sheakley is a Caring Company
Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 15, 2015
Sheakley is a family owned, human resources and risk management solutions company. Sheakley’s involved in community efforts to help diminish childhood poverty that nearly 54 percent of Cincinnati youth experience. Sheakley is a very caring company who is committed to making a difference in the community in which we work and live and because of this and many other reasons I am very proud to be a part of Sheakley.

Want to know more about Sheakley?

Ask a question
Not as productive as it could have been
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 17, 2013
Very busy and usually very stressful. Had a few good co-workers and we did have a few good times. Loved my hours.
Pros
Didn't have to take lunch. Could get up and down whenever I wanted.
Cons
My pay was not compatible with my job ability.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/RATING DEPT (Current Employee) –  Springdale, OhioAugust 13, 2013
I have been an employee of Sheakely for almost 21 years. There is opportunity for growth and I have made some great friendship. They are a very much into charity and their community and have partnerships with United Way. I've advanced my knowledge with regards to workers' compensation and have held many positions. The management team always has an open door policy and I've always felt comfortable to talk them about anything. The co-workers are friendly and are dedicated to help out to get the job done.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Not enough training - no manuals to refer to
Micro managed
Respresentive (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 21, 2013
Retention Client based
High Pressure
PTO provided fair
Unfair review process

Pros
Benfits
Cons
Micro Managed
Sheakley Work place
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 27, 2013
Typical day at Sheakley clock in and get right to work. Everyone including myself were too busy to be social. Enjoyed working there with lots of great people. I think my fav part is how busy we always were, made the day go fast. Learned so much from Sheakley moving forward in my career I can use.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sheakley. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight