Sheakley

3.3Pay & Benefits

Sheakley insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Before current supervisor,my job was awesome. Always on the go, problem solving,th ways to save money in the mailroom.I loved my job People are great and I always tried to make work fun The company gives a Christmas gift card for 25 dollars to every employee and a yearly picnic and employee appreciation breakfast

Pros

Vacation days health insurance

Cons

Salary freezing in some departments

Best Job Ever

Best company ever. They value their employees and encourage growth. Sheakley gives exceptional service to their clients and the benefits are outstanding!

Not so good

The MCO is treated like trash . The president of the company doesn’t care anything about the MCO. Other divisions such as PEO is treated so much better. The MCO is just business hungry vs valuing employees happiness. Sheakley wants you to buy their apparel but it’s 50-100 dollars but we make nothing. Managers have to pay for everything out of their pockets from Christmas Parties to lunches. Sheakley does fundraising for United Way/lighthouse and the MCO raises the most money out of all the divisions for these campaigns but yet the MCO is mistreated.

Poor Management!

Risk Management Consultant (Current Employee), Louisville, KY – January 31, 2017 Pros: Pay/Benefits Cons: Management/lack of support Excellent pay and benefits but management is poor. Training is lacking and there seems to be no structure in place. They make significant changes almost on a monthly basis. Not recommended for long-term employment. There is a high turnover rate which isn't surprising considering management offers zero support to employees.

Pros

Salary

Cons

poor management/training

Great Place to Work

I have been here for over two years and love the people I work with and the management. Strong team. I have learned so much since working here and it has enhanced my skills. I enjoy working my queue and can manage the workload.

Pros

no evenings or weekends and can work at home; great benefits

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Not as productive as it could have been

Very busy and usually very stressful. Had a few good co-workers and we did have a few good times. Loved my hours.

Pros

Didn't have to take lunch. Could get up and down whenever I wanted.

Cons

My pay was not compatible with my job ability.

I have been an employee of Sheakely for almost 21 years. There is opportunity for growth and I have made some great friendship. They are a very much into charity and their community and have partnerships with United Way. I've advanced my knowledge with regards to workers' compensation and have held many positions. The management team always has an open door policy and I've always felt comfortable to talk them about anything. The co-workers are friendly and are dedicated to help out to get the job done.

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

Not enough training - no manuals to refer to

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sheakley. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.4
InHerSight Score
1.3Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight