Sheetz Employee Reviews

Found 1,647 reviews matching the search See all 1,649 reviews
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Personal (Former Employee) –  Baden, PAJuly 17, 2018
Management was encouraging
The workplace was welcoming and felt safe
Hardest part of the job were rushes
Best part was customer interaction
I learned to work with some that I have issues with dispite differences and time management.
The typical work day was spent in the kitchen, working with made to order food, stocking the freezer and fridge sections and assisting up front when needed.
Very stressful
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Thurmont, MDJuly 16, 2018
Very odd hours and the management was unhelpful at times, it’s a good first job but I would not recommend to someone who is looking for an actual career with benefits
It was ok
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJuly 13, 2018
Starting out it was fun but at my sheetz after a few months most of the managers started gossiping about each other and over all wasn’t a place I enjoyed going to. Multiple occasions i was forced to not take a break for over nights due to lack of employment due to the head management only putting 2-3 employees on each night.
Safe environment to work at.
Cashier and Food Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Farmville, VAJuly 12, 2018
Great opportunities always available at this coming.
They are strong about always giving donations to children in need.
They give great pay. The payovertime on special holidays.
Pros
Great food discounts.
Cons
Excellent team work!
it all depends
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yadkinville, NCJuly 12, 2018
it all depends on which location you actually work at. the one I worked at there is a lot of he said she said and DRAMA!!! also management (which I was one) does a lot of favoritism which I do not like one bit!! store manager says one thing for another team of management and doesn't fall through for another. with the company you do receive decent benefits and very small bonuses (what store manager doesn't get) they do not work with you on schedules at all. if you need a specific schedule cause your a single mother and ur ok to work 50 hours a week but cant work the specific times they need you they will only give u about 15 hours a week. I have been with the company for 5 years and now im looking for another job, just because of the DRAMA and the he said she said. I come in on my days off, I stay late and come in early, and I don't even get a thank you. Im done!!!
Pros
decent pay, benefits
Cons
drama, he said she said, scheduling issues, favoritism.
I loved working with customers
Coffee Hostess (Current Employee) –  Winterville, NCJuly 11, 2018
I was able to interact with customers. I had stepped down from management so I was able to assist with just about anything as needed. It was a "team" atmosphere.
Pros
food discounts
Cons
part time
Great company
Sales Person (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 10, 2018
I have been working for this company going on 4 years. I love my team, great co workers and awesome management. I love my customers as they are speaking to me as they come through the door
okay job for a student or someone without a degree
Salesperson/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fleetwood, PAJuly 10, 2018
worked here during college. can't say it was horrible, but there were many problems with the management. had some great time and some bad times. its a normal entry level, no experience needed job.
Most management doesnt care
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PAJuly 9, 2018
Being manager goes to their heads and management is rarely any help in situations. They are too afraid to stand by their employees. Female management are intimidated by any other female management. If your going to work for a sheetz make sure the management are Male. They stand by their employees, they are fair and they are more helpful.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Smell like food, midnight shift drunks and thieves, cleaning gross bathrooms
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moon, PAJuly 8, 2018
Sheetz made me work diligently and hard to have a productive day by stocking back up food containers and making specialty food, drinks, and ice cream.
A place that requires you to be upbeat and have lots of energy!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Duncannon, PAJuly 7, 2018
Sheetz is a place you need to be friendly and upbeat to work at. It’s constantly go go go and it’s rare you’ll find time to just chill and have downtime, which can either make your shift fly by or leave you feeling overwhelmed and tired. You also need to be friendly and know how to put up with sometimes rude customers! A big thing at Sheetz is making sure everyone that walks into those doors is taken care of and walks out happy, so if you’re not a people person, this job might not be for you. Overall, Sheetz is usually flexible with your schedule and depending on where you work, you can pretty much get as many or as few hours as you want.
Pros
Discount on food/drinks
Cons
Rude customers, short breaks, careless employees
Sheetz is a wonderful place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hurricane, WVJuly 6, 2018
You go to work in friendly environment with friendly people. The job is interesting and enjoyable. I made friends there that I have to this day. The workplace culture was nurturing and encouraging. I loved working there with those wonderful people. I'd go back in a heartbeat if circumstances allowed.
Pros
good pay, flexible hours, positive work environment, friendly people, great staff
Productive, fun fast-paced workplace.
Salesperson and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Great Mills, MDJuly 6, 2018
Sheetz is a wonderful place to work if you love the food industry. Sheetz was definitely one of the most fun places I have ever worked at. Being an up-beat workplace it makes it an easy job on most days. I had a great crew that loved to have fun at the workplace which makes the day so much more enjoyable and goes by so much faster.
Pros
Discounted food, benefits, fair pay
Cons
Grease fryer, theft, long days
It’s hard to work happily sometimes.
Salesperson/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Poca, WVJuly 5, 2018
I enjoyed working at Sheetz for a while, but then the environment changed. The employees don’t get treated fairly. The ones who work harder than ever don’t get appreciated for their work. The employees who didn’t show up to work never got their actions accounted for. Sheetz uses points for discipline. Whenever somebody is late, leaves early, calls off, they get points. After a certain amount of points, you have to have a point review and also get a write up. After so many points, you are fired. There are some people that work there that have well over the maximum amount of points, even though others have been fired that have less points than the others. The treatment isn’t fair altogether.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Unfair treatment
Not a good place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Reedsville,PaJuly 2, 2018
I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to work here. My experience was awful, I didn't get many hours and When i did get hours I busted my butt and did most of the work, you barely have help.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Bad management
I didn't really like working here.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windber, PAJuly 2, 2018
I didn't really like working for Sheetz. The training time was minimal, you had to work all major holidays and you didn't get any benefits. I wouldn't recommend this place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Leaders Heights, PAJuly 1, 2018
I believe Sheetz would be a more enjoyable work environment if they were more selective of who they hired into management. Management I experienced did not help internal coworkers problem, and rather feed into them. Not even remotely resolving the problem. I witnessed this at 4 different sheetz for I traveled to receive more hours.
Benefits
Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJune 28, 2018
Sheetz has many benefit programs for people of all ages. If you work a certain amount a week they will reimburse you for some of your schooling in continuing your education. It's a fast paced environment but is a good place to work.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Flexibility
Great place to work for
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Claysburg, PAJune 27, 2018
It is very fast paced and no day is the same. Benefits are very good for the price . You’ll be on your feet all day. Some days go faster than others. It’ll take some time to get into the swing of things and it can be stressful sometimes but at the end of day it’s all worth it.
Pros
Fun environment fast days flexible schedules
Cons
Short breaks
Busy and good pay
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJune 27, 2018
I was always busy when I worked at Sheetz and the pay was really good, too. We got two 15 min breaks and a half hour lunch. Benefits are available after working there for so long.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sheetz. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight