Sheetz
68Average
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Sheetz Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA30 reviews
Very poor management
I was told by the district manager in October 2018 I am going to start the manager program (TASO) in may 2019 which it did not happen.
The store manager was not fair and showing bias to the other assistant manager.
September 30, 2019
This is not something we strive for in our company and that is not something we want to hear that is happening within our company. We would like to speak with you about this matter to help rectify the situation. Please reach out to our Employee Relations team at 1-800-560-3125 - this line is open 24/7 and completely confidential. We hope to hear from you.
Good working place
Team members always comes in my heart and they are quite friendly with helping nature.Working environment is too good and I will miss this things in my future.
May 22, 2020
Thank you for your review! We are always happy to hear such positive feedback and also welcome any suggestions or ideas to continue to make the employee experience the best it can be!
Cult like atmosphere but good pay
Very cult like atmosphere where everyone is very dedicated to the company at all costs. A typical day involved working in the kitchen, at the register, and cleaning all in one shift. Management was very poor and unfair to those making new mistakes. Free soda and coffee while on the clock.
February 3, 2020
We are so sorry to hear your experience at Sheetz wasn't a great one. This is not something we strive for in our company and that is not something we want to hear that is happening within our company. Please reach out to our Employee Relations team at 1-800-560-3125 - this line is open 24/7 and completely confidential. We hope to hear from you.
Some of my coworkers were really great
Sometimes I miss it sometimes I don’t. Management was ok some of them were not experienced enough. Unfortunately there are lots of shoplifters in that area so you have to be careful.
My Sheetz Experience
During my time at Sheetz. I was welcomed into the team with open arms and immediately shown how to do things the proper ways. I was very versatile and did my task well and in a timely manner. During my time there I handled money transactions, custodian duties, inventory and stocking items, fast food, and much much. Every task I was given, I took pride in it and gave it my all. I left Sheetz to pursue my military career.
Pros
Great experience. Fast pace job environment.
Cons
Costumers giving the employee attitude.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
The Customers were always happy to see me there.
I enjoyed working there with the other employees but most of all it was the customers who really made it great to work there. I developed an even greater understanding of what customer service was really all about.
Pros
Slight bonus every 3 months
Cons
short breaks. having to leave early from breaks to go back and work.
no work and life balance
there is not much room for advancement once a great company to work for now has lost focus on what it once was, a company that worked for it's people.
Worst Management ever
Good benefits, but very poor pay
No work/life balance

Horrible management, a lot of back stabbing

Watch what you say because people will twist it.

Horrible experience
Workplace
It was a fun place to work at and the people were very interactive. The only problem is that management didn't really give me hours no matter how many times I asked for more working hours.
At times stressful but overall a good place to work
Sheetz usually has a good management team, however, there are some mid-level supervisors that are extremely underqualified to even make a sandwich. This can be frustrating for senior employees who are not eligible for promotion. There is no room for growth for younger employees. Though they hire employees at 16, you can not become a supervisor until age 21, even if you have all the skills and necessary knowledge. If you are under the age of 21 and are looking for a place you can grow quickly at, Sheetz is not the place for you. The Sheetz in my area starts at 10 dollars an hour and you get a 50 cent raise after 6 months. However, after you hit 11 dollars an hour during your first year, you will only receive a 50 cent raise once per year until you hit 12.50, which is the cap for salespeople.

This is an entry level job, so if you have no patience for incompetence, you will not do well at Sheetz. They often hire people who are found to be inept, but due to company policy cannot be fired.

Sheetz has a points system for attendance that is very strict and extremely inconvenient. It often doesn't factor in the needs of everyday employees, especially if you have children. Most of you absences will not be excused and the ones that could be will require a note from a doctor. They do not care if your car broke down or if your child is sick. Being late is not an option. People will come in violently ill to avoid getting points out of fear of being fired and this allows for all the other employees to get sick, often creating a very unhealthy work environment.

You only get a 20-minute
 - more...
Pros
1/2 off food on the clock
Cons
Short breaks, strict attendance policy, weird hours
October 9, 2018
Thank you for your feedback. We hope to continually be improving in our employee experience and your feedback is important to do this. Thank you for the time and dedication you are giving to our company!
i learnt a lot from my all employers
i am offered now to be a supervisor at Sheetz and that is because of my hard work.
i love working in a fast-paced places and i love dealing with customers,

i learn everyday something new

the work culture is TCF which stands for total customer service.

the most enjoyable thing about the job is working hard and fast.
Pros
fast pace
Cons
nothing
its okay
Working at sheetz is okay. The pay is good for what it is. They don't have a lot of training but you will eventually learn most things on the job. They do not pay more for nightshift
Great place to work, poor managment
Amazing team members, I felt part of a family.
Benefits are great. Pay above minimum wage, holiday pays is only time and half.

Long hours and really bad management.
Pros
50% off on the clock, benefits
Cons
Long hours, poor managment
Sheetz
Wasn"t there long enough to form an opinion. The people i worked with were great. The manager was very understand to employees needs as far as i could see..
Pros
discounted lunch
Cons
continue work
Great Company
This is a great company to work for. The pay and benefits are great. Hours are not bad. The trucks are well maintained and clean. The job requires slip seating.
Terrible Coworkers
Unfair workload. A lot of the work was put on 1 or 2 people during a shift with 5 employees. Work not distributed fairly. A LOT of unnecessary drama and gossip among coworkers and supervisors. Supervisors were incredibly rude. Not worth the pay at all
Pros
half off food. free fountain drinks/coffee.
Cons
terrible work ethic, drama, rude bosses
good
This was an okay company to work for because i was a student. I would not get a job there as a full time employee. I have a degree, but people who don't may want to work there.
Productive work enviroment
Sheetz is a good company, very strict attendance, fast paced, advancement. Great company for all walks of life. Not so great work life balance. The pay is great
Pros
Benifits, pay
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place to work
Great place to work , fast pace , great benefits , pioneering company always looking for new and better things for customers , deliver great TCF every single time .
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Try a lot Of programs at the same time that make loose some track on some of them .
Keep On Your Toes
The pay is decent, but the hours can be hard. I was a stock agent but no matter what position you sign up for, you are expected to handle all of the duties the store needs. You may find yourself juggling store tasks consistently and the management can be a hit or miss depending on the location. If it's a hit then it's not bad, if it's a miss then you may find yourself struggling to please the managers, even if you are working as hard as possible.
Pros
Decent Pay, Plenty of Time Opportunities
Cons
Stressful Environment, Very Demanding Hours, Randomly Asked to Cover Shifts
Good Job for people in school
The job itself is not hard but not many people are willing to do it. Employees typically pick to work in the kitchen or cashier depending where they are most comfortable and are good at. It is a great job for college students. Managers are flexible with schedules. Training takes about 2-3 weeks depending on how the manager likes to train and how you pick up on it. They are strict with calling off, piercings/tattoos, and view camera footage to spy on employees.
Pros
heath care, bonuses, discount on food
Cons
short breaks, strict on calling off and being late, managment
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sheetz. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
4.0Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight