Sheetz

Sheetz Employee Reviews

United States3,069 reviews

Found 3,069 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,077 reviews

Very poor management

I was told by the district manager in October 2018 I am going to start the manager program (TASO) in may 2019 which it did not happen. The store manager was not fair and showing bias to the other assistant manager.

September 30, 2019
This is not something we strive for in our company and that is not something we want to hear that is happening within our company. We would like to speak with you about this matter to help rectify the situation. Please reach out to our Employee Relations team at 1-800-560-3125 - this line is open 24/7 and completely confidential. We hope to hear from you.

Good pay and flexible

as a college student this works for my schedule and the pay allows me to afford what I need right now. It is pretty physically demanding though so keep that in mind.

Sheetz insights

Based on 1,788 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Good people, can be tiring shifts

Everyone was willing to help. Friendly coworkers. Learned a lot. Room for advancement and raises if you’re a dedicated worker. The work can sometimes be stressful when there is a rush and you are short staffed

Great work environment and plenty of hours! If u want full-time you actually get it

Very busy place, and great people to work with. These days most places don't give full time hours, but they provide a stable schedule. They pay very well and there are plenty of opportunities to advance in the company.

Pros

Discounts on food

Fun workplace but fast paced

It was fun with certain supervisors but it was an extremely fast paced environment and some times supervisors would go off and not help with orders and would leave a single employee or 2 to handle multiple orders by themselves.

Corporate and the sheetz family are a problem

Overall the store based employees and managers are pretty good. It’s the corporate level and the family that’s the problem. You all clearly have no idea how terrible and miserable your customer base is. Plus you all spent years preaching we aren’t fast food. Now you all are expecting fast food service times. Also the food is not edible, wouldn’t even eat it, if it were free. You always cut hours, and expect less people to do more, not unless you gonna pay 20/h starting. Maybe instead of creating more stores, correct your awful business running skills.

Pros

Great in store co-workers

Cons

Sheetz brothers, Corporate, and Customers

management sucks

the management doesn’t care about you as a person. not paid enough for how stressed you end up feeling. got mad when i called out for being sick with COVID, do not recommend

Awesome place to work

Truck driver for Sheetz. Best job I've ever had. Great pay and benefits. Good management. Company really cares about their drvers, their families and wages.

Pros

Pay, benefits

Cons

Starting on night shift

usually great people, terrible work life balance

if you're a member of management you can say goodbye to any work life balance. you're told you no longer have an availability and forced to work all shifts

Pros

50% off on the clock, great health insurance

Cons

awful hours, terrible customers

Very Friendly and Productive Team

Overall, it was a great place to work and it is an amazing paying job for how easy it is. I would recommend to everyone who is looking for a job. I swear, every team member was like a big, gigantic family.

May 17, 2022
Thank you for your feedback and your time and dedication that you gave to Sheetz! We appreciate you!

Good environment, and friendly coworkers for the most part.

I enjoyed working here for the most part, and the only issues I ever had were 2 incidents with coworkers. but the rest was just the expected issues with rude customers. overall all a 4 out of 5 star job, and I could probably see myself going back to it at some point. good pay and aside from those two coworkers, I had an incredible team.

Honestly my workplace is like my second family

Sheetz has been one of the best places I have ever worked. Very inclusive and welcoming from day one. It is very high paced and sometimes strenuous but totally worth it!

Pros

Health care, bonuses, environment

Cons

Fast paced, on your feet

May 17, 2022
Extraordinary employees like you are what make Sheetz happen! Thank you for your feedback!

Mindless work, very burnout type

The job jets incredibly boring very quickly. They also don't usually give very good hours don't expect over 24 hours a week. The only upside is some of the people I work with and some of the managers are very nice people. Managers will try to schedule you out of your availability.

May 17, 2022
We appreciate your honest review. We encourage all of our employees, past and present, to provide us with feedback on how we are doing as an organization and are grateful that you took the time to write this review.

Easy to move up in management

It's an okay workplace, they have great benefits after only a short amount of time working there. Definitely a fast pace environment. You have to be great with customer service as well as kitchen service.

May 17, 2022
We understand that working in a Sheetz store is not the easiest job and can get very hectic and overwhelming. But we are committed to rewarding our dedicated, hardworking employees like you. Thank you for your review

It's alright

It's a pretty fun place to work at. Get to be in a place where everyone gets along and tries to work as a team. There were some days where all the workload is put onto one person; you'd have to do work for the shift before you because they claimed to be "busy", do your own shift work, then help the shift after you. It gets extremely hectic after 9pm, when all the drunks, stoners, and college kids come. Benefits are nice, if you are a full time worker; don't think part time qualified for benefits. But if you want to work here, you pretty much have to be a robot and never get sick or be psychic and know in advance when you're going to be sick. They have a point system and it is VERY easy to rack up points over the silliest things and get terminated.

Pros

Can get 50% off of Sheetz MTO/MTGo areas, healthcare (if full time)

Cons

Very strict points system that needs to be gotten rid of, healthcare (if part time, there is none)

May 17, 2022
We understand that working at our Sheetz stores can be stressful and overwhelming at times. We work hard to provide our employees with a positive experience at all levels of our organization and will use this feedback to continue to improve our stores. Thank you for your review.

Can be stressful and didn't feel like I fit in.

It's nothing special. Can be long hours dealing with some of the worst customers there are. Never felt like I belonged at the one I worked at. Working on holidays isn't fun, but the pay was decent.

May 17, 2022
We are sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience while working for Sheetz. We would love to address your concerns directly – please feel free to contact our corporate office to share the details of your experience with our team.

always busy

It is a busy place to work. Their high standards for cleanliness, friendliness, and quality products leaves little room to waste time. I mean this in the most respectful way. I am proud of the high standards that are instilled in their employees, myself included. They truly are a great family to work for.

Pros

flexible schedules, discounts, wages, advancement opportunities

Cons

always feels like there is never enough help to truly achieve daily goals

I really want to like this job but

I like my manager but some of the supervisors are lazy AF and it really shows I don't think I will be hitting my goals and leaving the company the money is great but the stress is way too much and lazy supervisors make it way worse.

May 17, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. This is not what we strive for as a company and we would like the opportunity to address this and speak with you further about your experience. Please reach out to our Employee Relations team at 1-800-560-3125 so we can attempt to rectify the situation. This line is open 24/7 and is completely confidential. We hope to get the chance to speak with you soon.

Necesitan pagar mas

Trabaje en el turno de la noche, buen compañerismo, pero tienen muy pocas personas para el turno d la noche y es difícil trabajar con tan poco personal

Great job but you have to have connections to get anywhere

Pretty easy and standard job with great pay and full benefits but you have to be in with the top people to get anywhere in your career. You can be the best worker and slave for the company but unless you're friends with people higher up you won't advance at all even though they keep promising it. If you want to succeed you also have to give up your outside of work life unless you know someone.

Pros

Compensation, Benefits, Workload

Cons

Work-life balance

May 3, 2022
Thank you for your review! We welcome all feedback and are committed to providing our Sheetz fam with a positive and inclusive work environment across the organization.

Cool Culture, Depending on your manager.

The culture is pretty cool, if you get a good manager. The bad ones can easily make the job miserable. But you can wear jeans, and dye your hair. Wish they let cashiers sit.

May 3, 2022
We understand that working in a Sheetz store is not the easiest job and can get very hectic and overwhelming. But we are committed to rewarding our dedicated, hardworking employees like you! Thank you for your review!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sheetz. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sheetz.
Powered byComparably