Sheetz Employee Reviews

Found 1,839 reviews matching the search See all 1,841 reviews
Hired off the street ... drove 1 hour each way. Sheetz made that worth my while!
Assitant Store Manager/Hospitality Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, VA #303November 13, 2018
The thing I like most about Sheetz was they're training. They stuck to company processes and policies but still ruled case by case. This company operates on a fast-paced high energy level which makes the day fly by whether you're there 4 hours or 12 hours. Every day was a challenge.. absolutely no reason to be bored.. always something to learn. Rarely saw any type of favoritism on the clock,however we all hung out after work as though we were family members. I left my store over a year ago and I still keep in contact with at least five of them. Even though I left...I learned so much and would do it over again in a heartbeat.miss you guys! 😀
Pros
Definitely food benefits. Best starting pay and bonus programs even for the cashiers
Cons
They're okay if you have two-parent family but if you're single parent life is hard.
Very fast past and not relaxed like most people think.
Hospitality Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Inwood, WVNovember 12, 2018
I learned a lot working at Sheetz and gained valuable experience working my way into management. The benefits are excellent and they do take care of long tenured employees very well.
November 13, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate everything you do for our company.

Fun work just a lot
Overnight Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Elysburg, PANovember 9, 2018
Working for Sheetz is a wonderful job and can lead to a full career but it is hard work and it can get busy. But it is an amazing job anyway. I like working here
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Busy kob
November 12, 2018

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your time and dedication you are giving to our company!

Family oriented very fun place to wok at
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fuquay-Varina, NCNovember 8, 2018
Sheetz is a great place to work, everyone works as a big family and are very friendly to customers. There’s no certain job to do, you have to multi task. if you done with one things there’s many other things to get done
November 9, 2018

Good
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sarver, PANovember 8, 2018
Good place to work. The managers are always nice. The store works with your schedule and understands that a human being is a human being and not just a work slave. I love Sheetz and the company.
November 9, 2018

Thank you for your review and we are thankful and appreciative of the time and commitment you gave to Sheetz!

It's all about who you are friends with
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 8, 2018
If you are friends with management then you don't have to do anything really. I lot of talking and lollygagging goes on during those shifts. A lot of people pretend to be your friend then go back and forth with gossip. I liked my first store I worked at but when I was transferred to store 440 it all went down hill. I was working 50+ hour weeks and then when they got enough people to cover the hours they didn't need me anymore. They treated me as expendable and not as a devoted coworker.
Pros
Good on the clock employee discount
Cons
Gossip, laziness, long hours
November 9, 2018

This is not something we strive for in our company and that is not something we want to hear that is happening at a store level. We would like to speak with you about this matter. Please reach out to our Employee Relations team at 1-800-560-3125 - this line is open 24/7 and completely confidential. We hope to hear from you.

Great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PANovember 7, 2018
Great company awesome people great pay flexible hours friendly atmosphere happy environment easy to move up the ladder if you want to make a career of it
November 8, 2018

Great company to work for.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Beckley, WVNovember 7, 2018
Sheetz is a great company to work for given under solid fair management. The store I work for has had management issues since I started. Causing the work environment to go down over time.
November 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. This is not something we want to hear that is happening at a store level. Please feel free to contact me to receive your feedback in more detail and give us a chance to change your perception.

Cashier & Food Service Prep (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 6, 2018
Sheetz management is very poor in skills suck as time management, communication, understanding, helpfulness and supervising their employees. If they were to improve these qualities that would benefit their company.
November 7, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We welcome all suggestions and ideas to continually improve every employee experience, with many staff networks and employee engagement groups across the organization.

Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Clymer, PANovember 5, 2018
I enjoy my job and the people I work with. Some employees don’t have as much of a drive to do what needs to be done and would rather slack/goof off instead of focusing on what tasks need to be done for the day.

Great benefits and insurance is offered through the company. You must work at least 32 hours/week in order to receive all benefits, though.

Sheetz is a great company to work for. Sometimes I wish the people I worked with wouldn’t slack off as much as they do.
Pros
Insurance, benefits, half off lunches
Cons
Short breaks, constantly busy
November 6, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are thrilled to read your positive comments about our company and the benefits we offer. We recognize that the nature of our work can be difficult at times, but we appreciate everything you do to go above and beyond!

Hard Work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCNovember 1, 2018
Sheetz is a good company to work for. They care about their employees and give a great deal of opportunities within the company to advance. When I was there the point system that they had wasn't good. We lost a good many really good workers because of the goofy way the point system worked at that time. I have heard it has been improved.
Pros
Location to my home, Great people and customers
Cons
Hard work (if you did your job) for the pay, I worked night shift all of the time.
November 5, 2018

Best Place Ever!
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCOctober 31, 2018
I have worked here , and my manager was so understanding. I always had fun, and man the food is AMAZING. 50% off of things always. You would love it here.
November 1, 2018

We are so thankful to have had great employees like you! Thank you for your feedback.

If you have kids you are screwed
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, NCOctober 29, 2018
Every person that worked in my store with kids didnt make it to the year mark. Kids get sick. One girls daughter was put in the hospital overnight. No one wanted to help her. Another employee had a family member commit suicide and she found the body. She was suffering from trauma and they canned her for it.
Pros
pay is good
Cons
if you are a parent or have family emergencies, this isnt the job for you
October 30, 2018

This is not something we strive for in our company and that is not something we want to hear that is happening at a store level. We would like to speak with you about this matter to help rectify the situation. Please reach out to our Employee Relations team at 1-800-560-3125 - this line is open 24/7 and completely confidential. We hope to hear from you.

Don't Do It
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Springs, WVOctober 29, 2018
You will be worked 5 days a week and thats great you'll get your hours, but god forbid you don't come in on your day off or get sick. They have a point system for bad behavior, but yet offer no sick leave and will not take do not take doctors notes when provided.
The management was unfair.
Food Prep Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Bethel, PAOctober 29, 2018
They are not reasonable with any legit reasons for anything. Even if your car broke down they would expect you to be at work on time and not one second late.
Pros
great people
Cons
managment
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVOctober 28, 2018
While working here I made many friends and the pay was great. The only downside to working at sheetz was the area I worked in. It was somewhat dangerous and there were many instances I didn't feel safe.
October 30, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. This is definitely something we will look into more in hopes to make this a better working environment for our employees. We would love to follow up with you about the location you worked at to ensure this isn't something that happens again to future employees. Please feel free to contact our corporate office to receive your feedback in more detail.

Manager (Current Employee) –  Morgantown WVOctober 25, 2018
Sheetz Carr’s about it’s customers and employees. It’s been a great career and taught me a lot. They have upper management that want to see you succeed.

Sandwich Maker and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Parsons, KSOctober 23, 2018
The worst place to eat because of slow service and food is always cold. Very stressful there because of the people in charge. I hated it because they make all the new people do crazy stuff.
Pros
N/a
Cons
n/a
October 25, 2018

This is not something we strive for in our company and that is not something we want to hear that is happening at a store level. Please reach out to our Employee Relations team at 1-800-560-3125 - this line is open 24/7 and completely confidential. We hope to hear from you.

Fun place to work for young people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Holly Springs, NCOctober 22, 2018
Sheetz is a pretty decent job. I've just outgrown it in the short time that I've been there. I need something more stable and something that pays more. All in all Sheetz us a great company to work for, they take care of you.
Pros
50% off any Sheetz merchandise
Cons
Short breaks
October 23, 2018

Not recommended
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCOctober 22, 2018
Not Recommended or wouldn't ever go back. People struggle with integrity there and just make it by. It's sad really. They have good intentions but the family is set in their ways and only want to grow internally. Very lacking of true talent the higher up you go in the company. HR process is very 1980's.
October 23, 2018

We are so sorry to hear your experience at Sheetz wasn't a great one. We would like to speak with you about this matter. Please reach out to our Employee Relations team at 1-800-560-3125 - this line is open 24/7 and completely confidential. We hope to hear from you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sheetz. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight