Sheetz Employee Reviews

Working as team is very important
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Everett, PASeptember 18, 2018
The work day is very busy, always something to do. Good Customer Service is a must. Management was fair, and would never ask you to do something they wouldn't do.
September 19, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and the time & dedication you gave working for Sheetz!

Fun Workplace
Cashier Customer Service (Former Employee) –  King George, VASeptember 17, 2018
Although it was a fast paced work place, it was a fun and entertaining. The management are very nice and understanding of different situations that may arise in a staff members life, to a point.
Pros
Nice enviroment
Cons
no healthcare
September 19, 2018

Thank you for your review and we are thankful and appreciative of the time and commitment you gave to Sheetz!

Good job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  State College, PASeptember 16, 2018
This job was a part time job for me. At the time I was working 3 jobs. Sheetz is a great company to work for. I would consider working with them again.
Pros
Cons
Not enough breaks
September 17, 2018

Sheets can be difficult at times.
Night shift employee (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VASeptember 15, 2018
I enjoyed the environment, and the fast pace work was nice. However the upper management and my specific store was in serious need of a change. Keep this in mind when looking for a job at sheets. Ask the employees about there management and look around the store at its condition.
Pros
good people to work with, fun and engaging work
Cons
poor management, aggression between shifts, lack of communication
September 17, 2018

We are so sorry to hear your experience at Sheetz wasn't a great one. We take great pride in our stores and the benefits we offer our employees so we hate to hear you had a negative experience at your store. Each store is very different with staffing and the ability to assist with individual shifts and we would love to follow up with you to ensure this isn't something that happens again to future employees. Please feel free to contact our corporate office to receive your feedback in more detail and give us a chance to change your perception.

Stressful environment and understaffed
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ravenna, OHSeptember 15, 2018
I can't speak for other stores but this is what I see at mine. The job was great when I first started, but the longer I stayed the more I noticed turnover rate. Everyone from store managers to store team members are usually only there for short periods of time. Causing people to be over worked. New hires/promoted employees arent properly trained and it overwhelms them causing them to leave. Half the time supervisors aren't able to take a break due to insufficient staffing for the shift. And they don't really want to work around your schedule.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short break, insufficient training
September 17, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry to hear that your experience with Sheetz has not been a good one. We welcome all suggestions and ideas to continually improve every employee experience. We recognize that the nature of our work can be difficult at times but we appreciate everything you do to go above and beyond. Please feel free to contact our corporate office to receive your feedback in more detail.

I used to love working at the Sheetz Distribution Center until..
Shipping Team Member (Former Employee) –  Claysburg, PASeptember 13, 2018
I worked at the SC for almost 8 years. ABSOLUTELY loved it, about 3.5 yrs into my employment upper upper management decided they wanted to fire all kinds of supervisors (including mine) and replaced them with individuals who never done any kind of our work. And it turned into a daycare. Major micromanaging. I no longer could joke and have fun while at work cuz every time I'd turn around other employees (mostly ones that the newer management brought with them) were in the office telling on someone. I got to the point to where I hated going there. Management has the worst communication along with the Leads. And they made it impossible to get any kind of positive feedback on yearly reviews.
Pros
Benefits, vacation, bonuses
Cons
Everything else about the place.
September 14, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. This is not something we strive for in our company and that is not something we want to hear that is happening. We would like to speak with you about this matter to help rectify the situation. Please reach out to our Employee Relations team at 1-800-560-3125 - this line is open 24/7 and completely confidential.

overall good place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PASeptember 12, 2018
No two days are ever the same. Faced paced environment with good customer base and flow. Management is good and the workplace culture is what the store managers make it. Sheetz is forever updating and changing to improve sales and profits. They pay well and the benefits are good. Hardest part of the job is getting hard working dedicated employees and retaining them.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
daily workload and long hours
September 13, 2018

Thank you for the time & dedication you gave working for Sheetz! We are thrilled to read your positive comments about our workplace environment.

Company with a lot of growth potential
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PASeptember 12, 2018
Overall Sheetz is a good company. It can get busy at times and you have to be able to keep a level head and solve problems on the spot. Plenty of room for advancement and they like to promote from within.

College Job or Gossip Job

Check in Vendors
Designate tasks
Countdown Drawers
Draft weekly Schedules
Report updates and issues to incoming crew and management
Aid Employees where and when needed

-Culture-
Gossip
Complaints
Mix Between gamer talk and street speak
Threatening customers and unresponsive management
EXTREME favoritism

-Hardest Part-
Dealing with the inconsistency of coming in each day, things wont be done right or will be different for each store even. Getting back up is incredibly difficult.

-Enjoyable Part-
Most of your co-worker are easy to sympathize with so talking to them is nice. When you have you're downtime between rushes and you can focus on stocking/cleaning it is somewhat relaxing.

-Take-Away-
Sheetz is a Convivence restaurant that pays well and compensates those looking to go to college or work fulltime, moving up is nearly impossible unless you can win over your higher-ups.The benefits are nice and you get paid time off, but overall it is not a place to get a career unless you can handle social pressure of customers and co-workers or apathetic management. Work here only if you have to get through college, don't stay for too long or you will get over-used quickly.
Pros
Discount meals and meal tickets, decent pay, benefits
Cons
non-existant breaks or short ones, Terrible managment, poor culture from employee and customer alike, no real room for advancment
September 13, 2018

I’m sorry to hear that your experience with Sheetz has not been a good one. We are proud that the vast majority of our staff enjoy a happy and fulfilling career with us. That said, as hard as we try to get it right all of the time there will be times we fall short. We encourage our staff to give us feedback through their manager and through employee surveys, so we can continue to learn and improve the way we work. Please feel free to contact me to receive your feedback in more detail and give us a chance to change your perception.

cashier
Cashier / Made To Order Food (MTO) (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHSeptember 10, 2018
it was a great place to work, once they got a new manager in there. I work at the cash register , in the back making food, cleaning, unloading the trucks.
Pros
50% off of meals whileon the clock
Cons
poor assistant manager
September 11, 2018

Want to know more about Sheetz?

Ask a question
Fast paced
Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, PASeptember 9, 2018
I enjoyed almost all of my 24 years with Sheetz. I do feel that they need to do follow up training with their long term managers. The long term employees helped to build their business to the place they are now and this should not be forgotten
Pros
Great pay and advancement. Benefits were awesome
Cons
A lot of turnover of employees, no work ethics
September 10, 2018

We are so thankful to have had employees like you! Thank you for your feedback. This is definitely something we will look into more in hopes to make this a better working environment for our employees.

amazing place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PASeptember 9, 2018
this place is such an amazing place to work
people are great
job is easy going
great pay
great benefits
great way to meet new people
also is a great place for a first job, it shows you the ropes to food service at your own pace
September 10, 2018

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your time and dedication you are giving to our company!

Let go without explination
Cashier/Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHSeptember 9, 2018
I have no real complaints about the job in general. It is a wonderful place to work, and the management was very likable and competent. My only complaint was after I had gotten a week vacation approved, and was out of state on a cruise. Before I had even returned to Ohio, i was no longer scheduled and was never contacted to explain why. Was never officially let go, but also was never scheduled again.
September 10, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are thrilled to read your positive comments about our workplace environment. Each store is very different with staffing and the ability to assist with individual shifts and we would love to follow up with you about the location you worked at to ensure this isn't something that happens again to future employees. Please feel free to contact our corporate office to receive your feedback in more detail.

Good for hard working worker
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVSeptember 7, 2018
Overall I would say sheetz isn’t a bad place to work with. Have a very good work system and very clean. If you can follow the rules then it is a place for you. Morning is always hectic but fun. Idk about 2 nd shift. Overnight shift is about cleaning. Just clean everything. My managers and coworkers are nice. Short break and don’t get 401k until 1 year of work
Pros
Discount, hour, advancement, free pop and coffee
Cons
Short break, no free lunch, late 401k
September 10, 2018

We are so thankful to have great employees like you! Thank you for your feedback.

Friendly
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hancock, MDSeptember 7, 2018
Very fast pace. Productive and fun workplace. High stress some days but management. Need to be quick and efficient. Love working with employees and love my customers.
Pros
half of food when working and free fountain soda or coffee while on duty
Cons
short breaks, sometimes to busy to get breaks
September 10, 2018

Thank you for the time & dedication you gave working for Sheetz! We appreciate the feedback you gave in regards to workplace environment and we hope to improve upon this for a better working experience.

Depends on what store you work at
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 6, 2018
Depends on what store you work at.

Worked at a store that was fast paced, very busy, some nice customers and a few helpful workers.

High turnover, so breaks are limited.
Pros
You get to meet some nice workers and customers
Cons
Depends on where you work.
Great company
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCSeptember 5, 2018
Do your job and be nice to the customers. Always do your best and remember nothing is personal it’s just business. Must be flexible and will to learn new things.
September 6, 2018

Great place to work for great opportunities
Sales rep (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg vaSeptember 5, 2018
Amazing place to work for great job pays well with amazing benifits they work amazingly with your schedule and are very flexible with the schedule the point system is good and easy to work with
September 6, 2018

Relaxed work place
New Castle - Crew Member (Current Employee) –  New Castle, PASeptember 5, 2018
The Co workers and Management are all very kind. They understand the need to get work done all the while having fun and joking around during the process.
Pros
Discounts, Well Paid
Rapidly growing company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCSeptember 4, 2018
Sheetz is a first class organization. They provide employees with the opportunity to develop within a fast paced environment. They will continue to be a leader in the convenience industry.
September 5, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sheetz. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

82out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sheetz.