Sheetz Employee Reviews

Found 1,912 reviews matching the search See all 1,914 reviews
how great it is
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, PAJanuary 16, 2019
I think Sheetz is a wonderful place to work.They really do try to give you everything you are looking for within a job. They follow the mission statement to the T.
Pros
they try and give you 40 hours
Cons
People don't stay long always short
diverse work environment, fun and inviting
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 15, 2019
- quick paced
- multi tasked
- cross training
- clear job duties
- opportunities for advancement
- hardest part - meeting customer needs with low labor
- enjoyable - diverse work crew and environment
Fun work place and nice workers.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Berkeley Springs, WVJanuary 14, 2019
I work in a lovely place it's always fun. The workers are always friendly and will help you out with anything you need help with. They all also have great enthusiasm.
Pros
Fun place and workers.
Cons
Being available to work holidays.
Nice reputable place to work
Shift Team Leader (Former Employee) –  NCJanuary 13, 2019
Sheetz has Great benefits. It can be a very busy fast paced environment. Multiple shift options may be available.
Biggest downfall is lack of help scheduled during busy shifts. One person left with too much to do
Benefits
Cons
Management lack of adequate staff
Comfortable
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Marietta, PAJanuary 12, 2019
A typical day at work consist of make sure everything is prepped at all times, the store must be well kept providing good customer service to make the customers experience is great. Working at Sheetz, I learned that if every is doing what their supposed to do quick and efficiently the store will run smoothly with minor problems. Our managing staff was very professional and understanding to the customer, outstanding customer service is something that the management staff takes pride in. For my first job, Sheetz was a very comfortable and enjoyable working environment.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hours
Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAJanuary 12, 2019
I like working at sheetz I like my coworkers,most of us meet there ,got hire same time because of a new store opening so it’s great to start off a new store with nice people .managers are great they care not only about the customer but also about the employees..
Pros
50% off lunch when on shift
It’s alright
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJanuary 11, 2019
I worked for a store with a bad manager. The other stores I would fill in at were amazing. I think overall they have some stupid rules but they are a good company
Productive and funny place to work at. Every day is different.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Homer City, PAJanuary 11, 2019
I am responable for doing EOD. I also have to pull the lottery machine at night. Have a coolers to stock. I also have to clean the icecream machine. I have to over see that my sale associates are getting there job done if not I step in to help them.
Don't work here
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Philippi, WVJanuary 10, 2019
Many repetitive tasks that seem unnecessary. Very fast-paced in the kitchen, sometimes it is impossible to get out orders on time when understaffed. I wouldn't recommend working here.
Pros
you get paid
Cons
short breaks, very busy, discounts only on mto food
Great place
Sales staff (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAJanuary 10, 2019
It. Us a fun place to work. They show appreciation to their workers and customers. I never had a problem with them at all. They push us to be a part of the company and community.
Gas staion and fast food
Shift Manger/Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 9, 2019
The store was open twenty-four hours, seven days a week. I worked 3rd shift and it was a fun job. I got to meet a lot of different people. On Friday we had to wear jeans for a dollar. That money went to a Sheetz fund for children.
Productive and structured work envirnoment
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  McCandless, PAJanuary 8, 2019
Throughout a typcial days work at Sheetz, employees are expected to maintain Customer Satisfaction, while staying within company policies and procedures.
Sheetz
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Verona, PAJanuary 8, 2019
Great company to work for. Wage/bonus/incentives/employee appreciation is all great. Like all companies thought, it's only as good as those who manage the stores. Some managers are either busniess savy, or people persons. Seems in my experience, they are never both.
I had heard that Sheetz was a good place to work but unfortunately that has not been my experience at all!
Cashier food handler (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 8, 2019
Shift before is not made to restock at all and we are short staffed and still have to restock and do all of precious shifts dishes yet have to stay over your shift to restock and complete everything for the next shift even though they are overstaffed. Supervisor schedules you 7 days one week and 2 the next. Half the time do not get a break. Supervisor sits in office and refuses to help when swamped or address the needed issues. Literally everyone except me has quit due to poor management in our store.
standard fast food
Front End Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHJanuary 7, 2019
If you like fast food work than this could be better than most. Worked night shifts in a college town and never had enough staff. They packed me with hours and then whenever I asked to scale back they'd drop me almost entirely. A lot of call-in shifts. It can be decent money if your a manager but be prepared to sacrifice all other things in life.
awesome place
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 6, 2019
sheetz was my favorite job bc It had a lot of great employees I didn't mind the 20 minute break and the food was delicious management was great had an awesome time there
Fun, fast paced working environment
Overnight supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 5, 2019
Receive a bonus every three months and good pay,very fast paced and everyone works towards customer focus.Store managers & assistants could work nicer.
Pros
Fun, fast paced working environment
Cons
Working every holiday, not getting requests off, & some personal reasons
Look elsewhere
DRIVER ASSISTANT SHEETZ DISTRIBUTION (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJanuary 4, 2019
great place to work if you have no family and don't intend to do anything outside of work. management doesnt like to comunicate with employees so when things dont work like it should its the employees fault
Fast-Paced Work Environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 4, 2019
Working at Sheetz is where you want to work if you like to stay busy. There is constantly customers to serve, and if there is a slow period, there is multiple tasks involving re-stocking, cleaning, or refilling drink machines. They offer many different work schedules, and pay above minimum wage, and offer a decent benefit package
Pros
Small company with mostly good workers
Cons
Sometimes no breaks and short staffed
2nd shift bakery
Bakery (Former Employee) –  Claysburg, PAJanuary 3, 2019
Pretty laid back but fast paced work environment with friendly coworkers. Anything you need help with don’t be afraid to ask everyone is easy to get along with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sheetz. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight