Sheetz

Sheetz Employee Reviews

Showing all 3,077 reviews
benefitcustomamazemtohouremployeeshiftbreak

Very poor management

I was told by the district manager in October 2018 I am going to start the manager program (TASO) in may 2019 which it did not happen. The store manager was not fair and showing bias to the other assistant manager.

September 30, 2019
This is not something we strive for in our company and that is not something we want to hear that is happening within our company. We would like to speak with you about this matter to help rectify the situation. Please reach out to our Employee Relations team at 1-800-560-3125 - this line is open 24/7 and completely confidential. We hope to hear from you.

Not a good place to work

If you’re thinking about getting a job at sheetz distribution don’t. Management is awful, and they claim you are important as a person but don’t make you feel that way at all. They over work you and work there is more stress and mentally draining than I’ve ever experienced

March 18, 2022
We are sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience while working for Sheetz. We would love to address your concerns directly – please feel free to contact our corporate office to share the details of your experience with our team.

Sheetz insights

Based on 1,789 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Not a good job if you have children

There’s no work/life balance when you move up in management. You’re called on your days off, you’ll work 12-16+ hour days with no notice and a measly 20 minute on the clock break. You’ll give your all to this company and then if anything happens (in my case my daycare had to close because of a covid case) you’re pushed out into unemployment. If you like to work your entire life away and forget about your family, this is the job for you.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Bad management, no time with your family, etc

March 18, 2022
We are disappointed to hear that you had a negative experience while working at one of our Sheetz stores. We are so sorry that we did not meet your expectations as a company and would love to follow up with you about your individual experience at your location so that we can ensure that this isn’t something that happens again to future employees. Please feel free to contact our corporate office to speak with a staff member and provide us with your feedback regarding your experience.

Great place to work awesome job overall and good people to work with

Great place to work awesome job overall and good people to work with . Clean Fast And Friendly at all times , i’ve met some of the nicest people ever working at sheetz

Pros

great pay with great benefits this company has to offer

Cons

short breaks

March 18, 2022
We understand that working in a Sheetz store is not the easiest job and can get very hectic and overwhelming. But we are committed to rewarding our dedicated, hardworking employees like you! Thank you for your review!

Was an excellent job when I worked there. Management was great, co-workers we’re great, pay is good. It is stressful though

I really enjoyed working at Sheetz. Management was really good. Hours were difficult at times (working holidays/weekends/overnights). Pay is decent. I think it really depends on management and when I worked there my manager was the best.

Pros

Good benefits and work environment

Cons

Stressful, long hours, customers can be rude

February 7, 2022
Thank you for your review and we are thankful and appreciative of the time and commitment you gave to Sheetz!

Long hours, decent pay

As an assistant manager, you work a lot of hours. But the pay is good, get good benefits. I wish it was easier to take time off if you need it. Other employees at my store were really great.

February 7, 2022
We are so thankful to have had great employees like you. Thank you for your feedback.

Awful work life balance. People work round the clock, are fake, and very passive aggressive.

Company isn't bad to work for, but management is terrible and no work life balance. Avoid the brand/design department at all costs. Unless you're management, you don't get treated fairly.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Tons

February 7, 2022
This is not something we strive for in our company and that is not something we want to hear that is happening within our company. We would like to speak with you about this matter to help rectify the situation. Please feel free to contact our corporate office to receive your feedback in more detail and give us a chance to change your perception. We hope to hear from you.

Good starting job, though very rude customers

This was a well paying food service/gas station job, however I quickly learned that many customers will see you as less than and often will yell. My coworkers were very nice to me and so was my manager.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Customers, supply shortages, corporate

Worked at Sheetz for eight years. Overall benefits were great, pay was ok, and schedule was consistent regarding your shift.

Worked at Sheetz in the 90s and things do change. At that time the benefits were great and the pay was good for what other minimum wage jobs offered. It can be hectic at times while other times more slow. Depends on events in the area and time of year. At that time I really did not feel there was much room for advancement. Manager is the highest you can really reach at any store. Really only managers and workers.

Pros

benefits, always was work available

Cons

working holidays and can get overwhelming. Sometimes you have the occasional rude customer

Great place to work especially when starting out for a first job, they will help pay for college when you’re enrolled in classes, flexible schedules for people with classes or other obligations. Caring managers, great employee discounts on food.

Pros

Great discounts 50% off food while on the clock

February 7, 2022

Love my shift, not the management

I’ve been at Sheetz for a few years now and it’s only gotten worse in my work environment. Some days I love working there, but others make me question my decision of staying with the company. Overall, higher management is unavailable and quick to blame things on supervisors and there’s a lot put on supervisors. Our third shift crew consistently struggles and so does our second. I wouldn’t recommend Sheetz as a place to work, but it pays good.

Pros

Great coworkers

Cons

Insane hours Unavailable management

February 7, 2022

Job difficulty too hard versus low pay

Expected to know everything in the entire store, inflexible scheduling, low starting pay, poor management and not a great work culture. High turnover.

Great pay

I have been with sheetz for 6 years and enjoy working here even though it has its ups and downs when dealing with the public. This can be a stressful job for some young high school kids that have never worked. Unfortunately, if you want to be a supervisor, you have to be ready to commit to working over time and flipping shifts because of call offs. Pros to this job is the pay and all the benefits they provide. They offer competitive pay and bonuses. Sales people usually have a pretty steady schedule which I love. My store has definitely made me feel like I have a second family.

Pros

Pay, discounts, and benefits

Cons

Difficult customers and alot of call offs

I enjoyed my time at sheetz. Just wish that the other workers wanted to work when they come in.

Nothing more to say about this job. I did my work. I did love working with all types of customers. I works gladly go back is I needed to and were able to

February 7, 2022
We are so thankful to have employees like you that have worked for our company! We wish you luck in your future endeavors and hope to have you working for us again in the future! Thank you for your feedback.

Great team! This is a great place to work.

Sheetz is a great company to work for. Managers care about you and your efforts, as well as provide great training. Work will always be work, but Sheetz makes work fun.

February 7, 2022
We are so thankful to have had great employees like you! Thank you for your feedback.

Great place to work cares about employees

Great starting job room to excel good pay and benefits good training sometimes understaffed due to call offs employees seemed to genuinely care and respect each other

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Understaffed

Its ok

Overworked, understaffed. Sometimes you get lucky with good management, sometimes your store manager changes and you get treated like garbage. Sometimes they do everything they can to get you fired

February 7, 2022
We are so sorry to hear your experience at Sheetz wasn't a great one. We take great pride in our stores and the benefits we offer our employees so we hate to hear you had a negative experience at your store. Each store is very different with staffing and the ability to assist with individual shifts and we would love to follow up with you about the location you worked at to ensure this isn't something that happens again to future employees. Please feel free to contact our corporate office to receive your feedback in more detail and give us a chance to change your perception.

Rewarding

Rewarding job. Good pay and opportunity for growth. You are part of a team and not just thrown out on your own to figure it out. Good culture and free food.

Pros

good wage, free food

Cons

evening and weekend hours

Not bad

Friendly supervisors and sufficient training. Work could get difficult at times due to large volume, but supervisors and managers always willing to jump in and lend a helping hand.

Great benefits, above-average pay, decent job appreciation.

Easy work most of the time, very busy and stressful on 2nd and 3rd shift due to lack of staff. Sheetz allows for excellent growth opportunities and often promotes internally, has above-average pay and benefits. The workplace is focused on fun and work at the same time, which allows for a more positive day-to-day shift. Management can easily break a store, specifically store managers. How they act, present themselves, and handle situations heavily influences the store's morale and work ethic.

Pros

50% off on the clock/on break food discounts, 10% off all convenience items excluding lottery, alcohol, and cigarettes, Excellent healthcare coverage, Flexible Hours, Growth Opportunities, Amazing co-workers, family-like team members

Cons

Management can easily make or break the store moral, Often understaffed and high-stress on 2nd and 3rd shift

Great company to work for.

Sheetz takes care of their employees for the most part until you get assaulted by a customer, and then fired for the way you react to abuse. Other than that, I enjoyed my time working there and meeting the people I got to meet .

Pros

Pay (bonuses every 3 months) Fast pace Great coworkers Learn a little of everything.

Cons

Work/ life balance was nonexistent. Favorites in management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sheetz. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sheetz.
Powered byComparably