Sheetz

Working at Sheetz in Claysburg, PA: Employee Reviews

Claysburg, PA72 reviews

Found 72 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,160 reviews

Meh

Rotating schedule. 4 weeks of 5 days on and 3 days off. Then 3 weeks of 4 days on 4 days off (these are your weekends). This should be known upfront as they start off omitting all the details of the schedule. It's presented in 4 days and 3 days off, type of schedule. When in fact, that schedule doesn't even exist. The only place that has that schedule is the Distribution center. It's extremely hard to get in there. Temp is generally a steady 35 degrees for 10 hours. I find it to be dreadful. I am looking elsewhere. It's definitely not for everyone. Advancement is somewhat of a popularity contest. Also another reason i don't fit it. The work culture is just not for me. Lots of unfair treatment but there's really no way to control it. None. They sure try, God bless them. Bottom line, it is a good job if you live close and like premature arthritis due to the cold. Honestly, some people have been there for years and just complain non stop but don't leave cause of the money...so you decide...

I like it hear they take good care of us. Pay is good an I like my schedule. Everyone gets along well. The work is very physical so be prepared to work hard.

Pros

Half off food

Cons

Work is very physical

Sheetz insights

Based on 2,023 survey responses
What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

All good, no bad.

CDL A Line Haul driver. Drive loaded refrigerated trailer unit from main distribution center to hubs for store delivery. Very easy, set routine, new equipment. Great set of colleagues, always willing to help. All the driver's are very good, safe and professional. managers are very supportive and kind. The whole Sheetz set up is based around achieving a good work/life balance and I think workers appreciate that and stay a long time. Obviously people come and go, me included, we are moving to Florida otherwise I would have stayed.

Pros

Good equipment, friendly staff, forward looking company, lots of perks.

Cons

Pay could perhaps be a little better

July 14, 2022
Thank you for your feedback and your time and dedication that you gave to Sheetz! We appreciate you!

some good, mostly bad

the company itself is great to work for. good benefits, great bonuses, some of the people are amazing to work with! but middle management SUCKS!!!! ZERO COMMUNICATION. NO APPRECIATION. leads & management do not care at all about the ones that bust butt, all day. every day. your shift time for the following day can change at the drop of the hat. some people do bust butt every day, others are there just for the paycheck. they do the basic minimum.

July 14, 2022
Thank you for your review! We welcome all feedback and are committed to providing our Sheetz fam with a positive and inclusive work environment across the organization.

Watch your back

If you are not a "yes" person or in one of their cliques, you have zero chance to advance. They only like an idea if it is theirs, and if they want to get rid of you they will. They will lie to do it if they have to. If you have a mind of your own, do not apply. You have been warned.

Pros

compensation benefits

Cons

work/life balance

June 27, 2022
We appreciate your honest review. We encourage all of our employees, past and present, to provide us with feedback on how we are doing as an organization and are grateful that you took the time to write this review.

Sheetz DNA

The pay isn't bad. Bonuses are nice. However, the Sheetz DNA is wielded like a cudgel to defend bad managers and leads. You can get reported for the smallest thing, like raising your voice.

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Inept management.

April 11, 2022

its okay

Distribution center is nice. Pay was low but has gotten better since I left. The management team is nice and communicates a lot with you. It's a good place for young people who didn't go to college.

Scam

too good to be true. everything is based on points & merits. don't expect a raise or bonus unless you earn it by working yourself into the ground. too many hours, not enough life. definitely not enough pay for the work they expect!!

Pros

breaks & sometimes, the days off

Cons

everything

March 18, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. This is not what we strive for as a company and we would like the opportunity to address this and speak with you further about your experience. Please reach out to our Employee Relations team at 1-800-560-3125 so we can attempt to rectify the situation. This line is open 24/7 and is completely confidential. We hope to get the chance to speak with you soon.

Not a good place to work

If you’re thinking about getting a job at sheetz distribution don’t. Management is awful, and they claim you are important as a person but don’t make you feel that way at all. They over work you and work there is more stress and mentally draining than I’ve ever experienced

March 18, 2022
We are sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience while working for Sheetz. We would love to address your concerns directly – please feel free to contact our corporate office to share the details of your experience with our team.

Awful work life balance. People work round the clock, are fake, and very passive aggressive.

Company isn't bad to work for, but management is terrible and no work life balance. Avoid the brand/design department at all costs. Unless you're management, you don't get treated fairly.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Tons

February 7, 2022
This is not something we strive for in our company and that is not something we want to hear that is happening within our company. We would like to speak with you about this matter to help rectify the situation. Please feel free to contact our corporate office to receive your feedback in more detail and give us a chance to change your perception. We hope to hear from you.

Not a fun place to work

Manager was horrible to me even though the location was close to the main headquarters. Always criticized me for being to slow cleaning the bathrooms when there is puke everywhere. Worst job I've ever had.

Pros

Pay

November 19, 2021
We are so sorry to hear your experience at Sheetz wasn't a great one. We take great pride in our stores and the benefits we offer our employees so we hate to hear you had a negative experience at your store. Each store is very different with staffing and the ability to assist with individual shifts and we would love to follow up with you about the location you worked at to ensure this isn't something that happens again to future employees. Please feel free to contact our corporate office to receive your feedback in more detail and give us a chance to change your perception.

Terrible company to work for

This is a terrible place to work. They do not care about their employees at all. If u are not a butt kisser and a tattle tail you will not move forward with them.

November 11, 2021
We are so sorry to hear your experience at Sheetz wasn't a great one. We take great pride in our different locations and the benefits we offer our employees so we hate to hear you had a negative experience.

Management is poor but co workers are nice

Management is barely ever around. You are not paid for what you are worth. They could easily be paying everyone 20 bucks an hour. I run circles around people and I never get any notice for it. And then when you have a bad day or don't feel good they ask why your rate is getting lower which annoys me. Mainly because I literally run circles around the other workers.

Pros

Cheap food, nice people

Cons

Poor management

October 29, 2021
We welcome all suggestions and ideas to continually improve every employee experience. We understand feedback can be different across our footprint and it is always our mission to make sure the Sheetz values are being upheld and felt at each store.

Productive place to work

Good work culture. You get very supportive staff in your team who are willing to watch you grow under their tutelage. The work-life balance for an intern is just fine.

Pros

Collaborative and supportive workforce

August 20, 2021
We are so thankful to have employees like you that have worked for our company! We wish you luck in your future endeavors and hope to have you working for us again in the future! Thank you for your feedback.

Productive place to work

July 30, 2021
Thank you for the time and dedication you gave working for Sheetz! We are so glad you had a positive experience. Goodluck with your future endeavors and hope to have you working for us again in the future!

Good schedule

Working as a DC driver was good because you only worked 3 long shifts. Had new equipment and free soda and coffee. Discounts on food at the stores while working.

Pros

Free soda and good schedule, new equipment

Cons

Pay

March 26, 2021
Thank you for your review and we are thankful and appreciative of the time and commitment you gave to Sheetz!

Decent place to work if you want to make no money

Ok place to work if like no overtime and weak wages for the job you do. Nice Cafeteria inside and free drinks with TV and Atm machine. You work hard but never get hired on with the company

November 6, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We welcome all suggestions and ideas to continually improve every employee experience, with many staff networks and employee engagement groups across the organization.

Has a lot of good people that work there

The workers are fantastic people. Management watches you like a hawk. Human resources worker is very crooked. No flexible hours. 12-14 hour shifts a day.

Pros

Always giving things away

Cons

Human resources manager

September 1, 2020
Thank you for your review. We always appreciate feedback from our employees and would like to hear more about your experience. You can always call our employee relations team on a confidential line available 24 hours a day.

Overall, decent place to work

The job is moderately easy, there's some really good managers and leads. Everyone is nice, but a lot don't talk much because of trying to get the job done. Their "2nd shift" is a hybrid of a typical 2nd shift and 3rd shift. It is 4 or 5pm to 2:30 or 3:30am. So it's hard to get enough sleep and maintain an active personal life, especially with kids. It can be difficult to get onto 1st shift as they are very picky. While there's opportunity for advancement, it is very hard to do so unless you eat, sleep, breathe Sheetz culture. You have to find the balance between being social but not too much and you have to be a yes man when it comes down to it.

Pros

Amazing benefits, bonuses, every 3 weeks you get 5 days off, rates are easy to hit, opportunities to advance are present, work culture there is top notch, manual labor side is decently easy provided you can maintain active for 10 hours and lift 50lbs, you get a "vip" card that gives you a discount in store, if numbers are hit you can stay and clean to get your hours

Cons

The hours, you have to work 6/7 days for 2 weeks to get your 5 days, favoritism is present but hidden well, very physical job

July 28, 2020
Thank you for your detailed review and feedback. We understand that things aren't always easy due to the nature of our work but, we appreciate the time and commitment you gave to Sheetz. We welcome any ideas and suggestions for improvement.

Youre a number. Not a person.

If you work hard, try your best, be positive, make rate, you wont advance. Years of above expectation work and used ideas, not one single thank you. Eventually I got hurt on the job and was denied workers comp and the payment of my medical bills. That was when I found myself another employer. Some family company.

February 17, 2020
This is not something we strive for in our company and that is not something we want to hear that is happening within our company. We would like to speak with you about this matter to help rectify the situation. Please reach out to our Employee Relations team at 1-800-560-3125 - this line is open 24/7 and completely confidential. We hope to hear from you.

Great environment

The company was great to work for, but didn't enjoy my position. Sheetz is a good company to work for and has good room for growth. People were very nice to work with.

February 12, 2020
Thank you for the time & dedication you are giving to working for Sheetz! We are happy to hear that you saw a lot of growth within the organization, we understand things aren't always easy due to the nature of our work, but we appreciate everything you did while working at our company!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sheetz. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sheetz.
Powered byComparably

Compare Sheetz with

Learn about Sheetz in Claysburg, PA

Sheetz reviews by popular job title

• Sheetz