Sheetz

United States3,073 reviews

Clear
3.9Pay & Benefits

Found 1,111 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,081 reviews

Very fast paced environment that's often fun and rewards hard workers.

Sheetz is mostly an excellent company, the benefits it offers are superb and it's rate of pay for entry level positions are good. Depending on your location, the business level of your store, and the team in place there, your experience can either be good, or very frustrating. As a member of the management team your work/life balance is something that will suffer very quickly unless your store is well staffed. The attendance policy is unforgiving and impartial. If you're a bard worker who is imtwrestd in a job you can quickly advance through them Sheetz may be a good fit for you as they prefer to promote from within, and frequently do.

Pros

Discounted lunches, good pay for entry level work

Cons

Poor life/work balance for management, strict attendance.

Good pay and flexible

as a college student this works for my schedule and the pay allows me to afford what I need right now. It is pretty physically demanding though so keep that in mind.

Sheetz insights

Based on 1,793 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Good people, can be tiring shifts

Everyone was willing to help. Friendly coworkers. Learned a lot. Room for advancement and raises if you’re a dedicated worker. The work can sometimes be stressful when there is a rush and you are short staffed

Great work environment and plenty of hours! If u want full-time you actually get it

Very busy place, and great people to work with. These days most places don't give full time hours, but they provide a stable schedule. They pay very well and there are plenty of opportunities to advance in the company.

Pros

Discounts on food

Awesome place to work

Truck driver for Sheetz. Best job I've ever had. Great pay and benefits. Good management. Company really cares about their drvers, their families and wages.

Pros

Pay, benefits

Cons

Starting on night shift

Mindless work, very burnout type

The job jets incredibly boring very quickly. They also don't usually give very good hours don't expect over 24 hours a week. The only upside is some of the people I work with and some of the managers are very nice people. Managers will try to schedule you out of your availability.

May 17, 2022
We appreciate your honest review. We encourage all of our employees, past and present, to provide us with feedback on how we are doing as an organization and are grateful that you took the time to write this review.

Easy to move up in management

It's an okay workplace, they have great benefits after only a short amount of time working there. Definitely a fast pace environment. You have to be great with customer service as well as kitchen service.

May 17, 2022
We understand that working in a Sheetz store is not the easiest job and can get very hectic and overwhelming. But we are committed to rewarding our dedicated, hardworking employees like you. Thank you for your review

It's alright

It's a pretty fun place to work at. Get to be in a place where everyone gets along and tries to work as a team. There were some days where all the workload is put onto one person; you'd have to do work for the shift before you because they claimed to be "busy", do your own shift work, then help the shift after you. It gets extremely hectic after 9pm, when all the drunks, stoners, and college kids come. Benefits are nice, if you are a full time worker; don't think part time qualified for benefits. But if you want to work here, you pretty much have to be a robot and never get sick or be psychic and know in advance when you're going to be sick. They have a point system and it is VERY easy to rack up points over the silliest things and get terminated.

Pros

Can get 50% off of Sheetz MTO/MTGo areas, healthcare (if full time)

Cons

Very strict points system that needs to be gotten rid of, healthcare (if part time, there is none)

May 17, 2022
We understand that working at our Sheetz stores can be stressful and overwhelming at times. We work hard to provide our employees with a positive experience at all levels of our organization and will use this feedback to continue to improve our stores. Thank you for your review.

Can be stressful and didn't feel like I fit in.

It's nothing special. Can be long hours dealing with some of the worst customers there are. Never felt like I belonged at the one I worked at. Working on holidays isn't fun, but the pay was decent.

May 17, 2022
We are sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience while working for Sheetz. We would love to address your concerns directly – please feel free to contact our corporate office to share the details of your experience with our team.

Necesitan pagar mas

Trabaje en el turno de la noche, buen compañerismo, pero tienen muy pocas personas para el turno d la noche y es difícil trabajar con tan poco personal

Great job but you have to have connections to get anywhere

Pretty easy and standard job with great pay and full benefits but you have to be in with the top people to get anywhere in your career. You can be the best worker and slave for the company but unless you're friends with people higher up you won't advance at all even though they keep promising it. If you want to succeed you also have to give up your outside of work life unless you know someone.

Pros

Compensation, Benefits, Workload

Cons

Work-life balance

May 3, 2022
Thank you for your review! We welcome all feedback and are committed to providing our Sheetz fam with a positive and inclusive work environment across the organization.

Good ppl

Great consistent job. Management can be unstable sometimes. Benefits are great. Definitely a place you can succeed if you work hard but can have fun at the same time.

May 3, 2022
We appreciate your high energy and commitment to providing a positive experience to our customers no matter how busy and hectic the day may get. Thank you for your dedication to Sheetz!

It’s a great job

It’s a great job. I just hate keep getting put on 3rd shift. This job has great benefits and is very easy to move up and overtime is all ways available.

May 3, 2022

There are good and bad days.

For the most part the employees are great. They are great people to talk to and they care. This job is very fast paced at times but once you learn and do enough times it's like second nature.

Pros

Benefits, discounts, coworkers, and flexibility.

Cons

management, younger employees, and shift wars

Fun and relaxed environment

I enjoyed my time working here. Management was mostly friendly, and it wasn't hard to get along with almost all coworkers. Not very good hours except at peak in the summer. At the time the pay was pretty poor, but that has increased since then.Overall a decent place to work as far as gas stations go.

productive

it wasn’t bad, they have a point system which isn’t good when you have a bad immune system like me.

Great Benefits and Pay

They have great benefits and pay. Great advancement opportunities. Very stressful environment. They expect to much with so little people on a shift. When in management you have no work life balance and are expected to be on call 24/7 since they never close.

Good pay

Good pay and great benefits. The job was pretty clear and easy to understand. The area is a bit rough but barely dealt with any issues. The duties are the same every day.

Busy but managable

My store is always busy, however, it is easy to handle with a full staff. The problem is a lot of call offs or people showing up late. Other than that, pay is reasonable and hours available.

Okay place to work

Okay place to work. Sometimes gets busy and managers don’t help. Better pay than most fast food job but more responsibilities. Should be pay increase for truck stocker.

April 11, 2022

Good company to work for!

Employees are very friendly and everybody is willing to work. The pay starts at sheets 13 dollars an hour and you can always move up if you want to. Just a good company

April 11, 2022
Extraordinary employees like you are what make Sheetz happen! Thank you for your feedback!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sheetz. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sheetz.
Powered byComparably