Shelby Baptist Med Ctr Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Shelby Baptist
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alabaster, AL 35007August 8, 2018
Shelby is a great place to work, great way to get medical experience, I loved working with the nurses and Patient Access team. I registered patients, put their wrist bands on, and got patients to sign consent to treat, cleaned office space, stocked office supplies, anything else that needed to be done, or ran.
Pros
Worked 7 days on and 7 days off.
Cons
30 minutes for lunch, worked holidays
Great place to work, but stressful due to type of work
Financial Counselor/ADT Epic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Alabaster, ALJuly 25, 2018
Working in the hospital environment you have to constantly be aware that your actions are seen by everyone and reflect on the company/department as a whole. Healthcare is rewarding but stressful in any capacity.
Pros
Helping People
Cons
High Stress
My department is great
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alabaster, ALJune 22, 2018
I work in the Maintenance Department as their secretary. I love my job. I dispatch the maintenance workers to different jobs that are necessary. I request purchase orders for vendors. The hardest part of my job is dealing with upset people over the phone. I love when I can be of help to someone in need.
great Place to Work
Chief Nursing Officer (Former Employee) –  alabaster alMay 7, 2018
Friendly and competent staff. More of a family atmosphere than a work place. Great physicians, nursing staff, Ancillary staff are great too. Going to miss it.
Busy Emergency Room
Patient Care Secretary - ER (Former Employee) –  Shelby County, ALApril 13, 2018
constantly busy but every body was very nice and helpful and you can have breaks as often as you like because it can be overwhelming as long as you talk with the charge nurse on your shift but aver all great place to work,
Pros
break frequently
Cons
short lunch
Productive team atmosphere
Nuclear Medicine Technologist- On Call (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 23, 2018
As an on call employee, I take call one week out of the month. Some weeks I do not get called in and other weeks I get called in on multiple occasions.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Inconsistent Hours
Very nice staff.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Alabaster, ALFebruary 26, 2018
The hardest part of the job was that the surgical supplies and instruments were not all centrally stored but spread through various areas in the OR suite.
Wonderful caring coworkers, very fast-paced
Patient Access Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Alabaster, ALFebruary 16, 2018
Training was offered. Advancement was available. Coworkers helped each other. It was very difficult to get time off for doctor's appointments and even funerals.
job
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJanuary 19, 2018
I liked working here for the time being. I did not stay long and left because of the pay. other than that the people were nice and I keep to myself.
Worst management ever
Technician (Former Employee) –  Alabaster, ALNovember 28, 2017
The coworkers are backstabbing and the management expects you to kiss their butt. They are also extremely racist towards black ppl esp if you are in interaccial relationships. (There has been attorneys contacted due to eeoc complaints). They make up rules as they go in order to fire ppl who don't fall in line with what they want. They have very unrealistic expectations for their staff and have a very high pt to staff ratio (10 pt to 1 nurse and 20 pt to 1 tech)
Pros
Vacation time
great
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Alabaster, ALNovember 6, 2017
Brookwood baptist health also known as shelby baptist medical center was and still is a very nice place to work. the people were friendly. well when you were around .
Loved being a Labor Nurse here!
Full time then PRN RN (Former Employee) –  Alabaster, ALNovember 1, 2017
Great place to work and it was close to my home. In a great area as well. Wonderful people to work with and thoroughly enjoyed my job. If I move back there, I would definitely try to work there again.
Pros
Enjoyed my job.
Cons
Hated to leave
Great group of ladies to work with
LDRP RN (Former Employee) –  Alabaster, ALOctober 17, 2017
The only positives I had at the facility were my peers/coworkers. We were a tight knit group and worked really well together. I enjoyed most of the physicians I worked with. Management lacks luster.
Fun workplace and great co workers
Respiratory Therapist CRT (Former Employee) –  Alabaster, ALSeptember 16, 2017
Amazing and helpful co workers and fast pace work environment. Great environment to gain skills and learn new equipment and techniques. Amazing opportunities to work with physicians and learn.
Great work environment with friendly staff
Scribe (Former Employee) –  Alabaster, AL 35007June 27, 2017
I genuinely loved my experience at the hospital and enjoyed my job. My authority and peers worked very well together and seemed to like one another's company.
Work
Nursing Technician II/ Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Alabaster, ALApril 26, 2017
I enjoy working here. Fellow employees are great. I feel we on the Floor are very underpaid and expectations sometimes are realistic. Short staffed a lot with higher patient acuity.
Stressful and over worked
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Alabaster, ALApril 22, 2017
While working at Shelby Medical center i felt mistreated from the start. I did not receive any pay salary based off of anything on my resume for past work experience.
Excellent place of employment
Medical Records Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Alabaster, ALOctober 17, 2016
The medical records department was a very pleasant atmosphere to work in. They provided plenty of training for new employees. They also have a very attractive benefit package.
I am new to the department but the team is good together.
RN Staff Nurse surgical ICU (Current Employee) –  Alabaster, ALJuly 7, 2016
A intense 8 bed unit with all manner of patient needs. Surgery, Medical, Cardiac we take them all in stride. Caring for them, healing them, and send them on there way.
Pros
new department with all the modern features
Cons
Never enough staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shelby Baptist Med Ctr. Our community is ready to answer.

Shelby Baptist Med Ctr Reviews by Location