SHELF TECH Employee Reviews

Very laid back and calm job
Reset Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Little Falls, NJJune 1, 2019
Assembled displays and consulted manager on positioning to increase sales.
Conducted site visits to retail stores to replenish out-of-stock item.
Reviewed store plan-o-grams for compliance and optimal marking.
Provided insightful shopper based solutions in collaboration with team.
Met with vendors to understand their unique marketing needs.

Very laid back job ,but job security is the problem. In most cases you have work,but in other cases you can go weeks without working
stress tech
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  new jerseyMarch 27, 2019
was good when on a team but when sent to stores alone often canceled work and never notified staff of changes the team I worked on was wonderful but the general manager wasnt very friendly
friendly fellow employees
Retail Merchandiser (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Little Falls, NJNovember 30, 2018
my fellow employees and supervisor were really cool people. work that i enjoyed and was good at. the only things that sucked was the commute to work and that i would get paid biweekly
Pros
10am break for lunch, cool fellow employees and supervisors
Cons
the commute to work, biweekly paycheck
Low pay. Too much driving..to many BlackOut dates
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJOctober 22, 2018
Easy job. Depending on your team manager you may or may not be busy. However lack of communication with management causes a lot of problems with team and store management. Also I was told I would not go farther then 30 miles from home. And if I did..I would get mileage AFTER 30 miles. Well that was a lie. I was constantly scheduled to work 40, 60 and even 90 miles away. I told them no I will not go that far. Even with milage.(.28 ) a mile its not worth the pay. And then there is the black out dates..2 weekes in November 2 in December 1 in July . You do not get paid for them. And no paid vacation, holidays , or sick time. Its an ok job if you have no life, or are in between jobs. But not otherwise.
Pros
Cons
Travel, low pay, aggrivation
Flexible & relaxed atmosphere
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 17, 2018
I like workin for shelf tech but they don’t pay to good & my situation requires a decent pay!! I have kids & bills to maintain & with 12$ per hr is not helpin
Pros
Nobody bothers you
Cons
Short breaks
Reset Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Monmouth County, NJJune 12, 2018
Nice people, no career advancement, had to leave for management position at another firm. Was asked to stay. But needed to leave for better pay and opportunity.
Pros
Cons
part-time and physical labor
Job conditions
Merchandiser and Reset Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Falls, NJMay 17, 2018
Its not a bad job if you could get regular hours, but there were times that you could not get those hours. Some of the management played favorites with certain employees instead of work performance.
Pros
Not bad work
Cons
the travelling sometimes.
Very productive
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2018
Overall the job was ok hrs was good but work wasn’t consistent one week there’s work then next week may not be any...sometimes only having work one day out the week
Fast and great staff
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Little Falls, NJApril 10, 2018
Each day was different, as was the location. I learned a great deal team work and responsibility. I would occasionally be in charge of small teams and we would perform product resets. I worked with different people every day, so I can quickly adapt to new or transferred members well.The hardest part of the job was working while customers were shopping. I was a huge fan of many of my co-workers.
Pros
Workplace ernvironment and coworkers
Cons
Pay, occasional very long commute
Don't apply to this job!
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJanuary 28, 2018
I was hired and laid off 3 times in less than one year for more than a month at a time! You are told you will be working locally, but they send you to random sites and no one has any idea what is going on. The office staff if not friendly at all, and I would never recommend this place to anyone even a stranger.
Lots of driving
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Little Falls, NJNovember 28, 2017
Very scattered work places, sometimes jobs would be canceled when arriving at the destination. Often controversy about printed plans that did not fit the situation at hand.
Pros
some paid travel time
Cons
long drives
A lot of travel
Merchandising Specialist (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTMay 20, 2017
Our managers will bend over backward for you. We drive a lot (20k miles/year) The compensation is decent but there are weeks and sometimes months throughout the year when there is no work at all, due to holidays.
Pros
mileage reimbursement, interesting work
Cons
travel, no raises
Fun productive environment
Reset Team Member (Former Employee) –  Little Falls, NJMay 9, 2017
very fun and free spirit working environment. small crews to handle store resets and special setups around store. Very easy going but busy job for a person who into crew type work.
Pros
travel work, easy tasks
Cons
An "OK" place to work for...
Team Leader-Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Little Falls, NJJanuary 9, 2017
A decent company to work for if you need work part time. Not much opportunity for advancement. The most enjoyable part of the job was leading resets everyday.
Mostly positive, interesting merchandising experience
Reset Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Mid-AtlanticFebruary 24, 2016
Merchandising is the retail world (mostly supermarkets) so one should expect moderate pay, lots of travel, a busy work day, at times a tiring day, and that "non-person" treatment by store staff.
My time with Shelf Tech was mostly positive though, and my field supervisors and co-workers were fair and pleasant, as were ST's office staff. Co-workers from other service firms were also good to work with. I was part time.
Merchandising is a great job to learn the food product world, you see firsthand the new and the discontinued items and how a category is presented. We would say, "the people who designed this package/label or plan-o-gram never worked at store-level shelf display."
I can understand store managers' typical abrupt handling of us merchandisers. They're usually nearly burned out and we're nameless-faceless invaders making changes they didn't want, asking questions, creating problems. Still I can recall the store managers and receivers who knew we're peons doing work as ordered by their headquarters and who were professional and even friendly.
Sometimes even shoppers understood we're doing assigned work and put up with the crowded aisle and new arrangement.
One other issue is that I hardly worked with the same folks so making friends and building good job reference can be a challenge.
If you don't mind the travel, I recommend working as a ST merchandiser and it is more rewarding and interesting than being a retail store worker.
Pros
Pretty good pay for retail, good learning experience, often friendly teams
Cons
Travel, often abrupt store managers, often solitary situation
easy going environment
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Little Falls, NJSeptember 16, 2014
Overall that job was a easy and fun place to work. There is just not alot of pay or chance for advancement.
Very productive, fast paced company..
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Falls, NJJanuary 15, 2014
how to work without supervision
how to deal with customers
how to work in an office with a lot of people with different culturs
how to make dead lines
how to solve problems
enjoyed challenges
to have a clean desk at the end of the day was enjoyable
Easy-going and ever-changing work atmosphere.
Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  Little Falls, NJSeptember 18, 2013
To begin with, work was never consistent. Some weeks, I would be scheduled to work five days, and the next I would only be scheduled for two. When I was scheduled for work, I would be allotted a section in the store, and given a plan-o-gram to work with. I would update that section of the store with a team, or by myself, depending on how complicated it was. I did a ton of troubleshooting with the plan-o-grams because every store was built a bit differently so, the plan that had been created in the corporate office didn't always work out. Some teams were led by wonderful, organized management, and others led by inconsistent, rude management. After working for Shelf Tech for a couple of months, I started to build relationships with Team Leaders, and was requested by the ones that were much easier to work for. This was a relief because working for an inconsiderate or unorganized manager was an extremely delicate situation; nobody wants to cross any boundaries when it comes to their job, but it is demeaning to be spoken to like you're incoherent, when you know exactly what you are doing. It was a nice experience to be in a different setting all of the time, but I would much rather know that I am going to have a set amount of hours, weekly, as opposed to being up in the air about when I will be gong into work. Moreover, the management in our head office was lovely to work for. They were very accepting of any life obstacles that came up, and really worked with you when it came to availability for work. When it came to compensation, though, many other merchandising companies were giving  more... their employees benefits, and Shelf Tech was not participating in that. I received my $11/hr and was only reimbursed for any mileage exceeding 30-One Way. As far as benefits, Shelf Tech was lacking in that area.  less
Pros
Lovely management in the home office, & worked with you on availability
Cons
No benefits, inconsistent hours, and rude store management.
not satisfied
Reset Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Falls, NJJuly 20, 2013
I have no problems with Shelf Tech it is just not enough work. However not consistant. And none of the stores want to contract them.
Cons
not enough work