SHELF TECH Employee Reviews for Retail Merchandiser

Low pay. Too much driving..to many BlackOut dates
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJOctober 22, 2018
Easy job. Depending on your team manager you may or may not be busy. However lack of communication with management causes a lot of problems with team and store management. Also I was told I would not go farther then 30 miles from home. And if I did..I would get mileage AFTER 30 miles. Well that was a lie. I was constantly scheduled to work 40, 60 and even 90 miles away. I told them no I will not go that far. Even with milage.(.28 ) a mile its not worth the pay. And then there is the black out dates..2 weekes in November 2 in December 1 in July . You do not get paid for them. And no paid vacation, holidays , or sick time. Its an ok job if you have no life, or are in between jobs. But not otherwise.
Pros
Cons
Travel, low pay, aggrivation
Very productive
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2018
Overall the job was ok hrs was good but work wasn’t consistent one week there’s work then next week may not be any...sometimes only having work one day out the week
Don't apply to this job!
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJanuary 28, 2018
I was hired and laid off 3 times in less than one year for more than a month at a time! You are told you will be working locally, but they send you to random sites and no one has any idea what is going on. The office staff if not friendly at all, and I would never recommend this place to anyone even a stranger.
Lots of driving
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Little Falls, NJNovember 28, 2017
Very scattered work places, sometimes jobs would be canceled when arriving at the destination. Often controversy about printed plans that did not fit the situation at hand.
Pros
some paid travel time
Cons
long drives
easy going environment
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Little Falls, NJSeptember 16, 2014
Overall that job was a easy and fun place to work. There is just not alot of pay or chance for advancement.