Shell Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Fast paced financial Institution
MSR 3 (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXAugust 24, 2018
Worked at Shell for 10 1/2 years. Good working environment. Loved working with my members. Senior teller MSR 3. Responsible for opening branch each morning preparing for opening. Often closed branch after hours. Taking deposits and making withdrawals. Processing loan payments as well as credit card payments.
Pros
Stability. Overtime. Bonuses.
Cons
A company that truly cares about its employees
Administration (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXAugust 1, 2018
Shell FCU is a great place to work and to grow. It is a great place to get your foot in the door and to work your way up. Hard work does not go unnoticed.

Teamwork like atmosphere where you can lean on your co-workers and get help when needed.

Flexible schedules and a great work life balance.

It really pays to put in your time here. Re-hires are welcomed back and continue to come back because they know what type of organization this is.
Pros
Culture, Amazing ceo, Hands on Mgmt, Growth Opportunities
Amazing Job
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXMay 21, 2018
Shell works hard to improve the life of not only it's employees but the community as well. Great work environment with lots of opportunity to move up if you're willing to put in the work.
Great learning experience
TELLER (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXApril 26, 2018
-learned to enhance my customer service skills
-would love to see management more involved with front line
-most enjoyable was the team building games and programs given
Fun Workplace
Branch Lead & Lending Officer (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXApril 13, 2018
Shell FCU is a great CU to work for. The work place culture is fun, and relaxing. From the tellers to the top of the management, everyone has an important role at the CU.
Vault Teller
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 13, 2018
Balancing the vault everyday, assisting members with many transactions : cashing checks, opening and closing accounts, purchasing money orders and cashier checks and making sure all team members would balance and out of the credit union in a timely manner.
Strongly motivated and passionate credit union lacking promise and vision.
Senior Teller III (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXJanuary 25, 2018
Training was fantastic. It felt like I became part of a second family. Little do you realize, you'll be stuck where you begin for a very long time unless you grow more personal relationships with the people that matter (VPs, COs, etc).
As stated in the job description, you'll be required to take on additional responsibilities not outlined in your role, with no compensation. Unless you change positions, expect a single pay raise a bonus annually.
There will be many promises made and few results seen. While you may have brilliant ideas, the bottom of the totem pole is often overlooked. You *cannot* go around your manager to get things done, or there may be repercussions.
Pros
Wonderful co-workers, excellent training team
Cons
Hours and stress for the pay, relationships with superiors necessary, no benefits for part-time
Amazing company
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 12, 2017
One of the best companies (in my opinion) to work for in Houston! Best CEO ever, great management, great pay, benefits & more! Hated that I had to leave this job for school.
Slow and unfair.
Opening Teller (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TX 77536November 16, 2017
I have Worked at shell for about a year now and they are no flexible. It is all about who they like. If you are part time they have no benefits for you, which means care about any of your needs.
All over the place
Technology Support (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXOctober 31, 2017
SFCU is all over the place when it comes to the VP's. All department managers were promoted to VP's for no logical reason and the departments have suffered for it by having a manager vacuum and by having the VP's micro manage everyone
Cons
High demand for 108% workload and output at all times, low respect for work life balance
Not pleased
Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXJuly 14, 2017
Unfair business practices are used at Shell FCU. The employees are managed with an iron fist by some of the management team. The management team is also known to hire or place relatives in significant positions. It is quite "cliquish".
Benefits
Cons
unfair business practices
Recommend
Online Banking/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXJune 27, 2017
I really can't honestly recommend this Credit Union, it's like most work places if you fit in to their cooperate culture you will make it. It's a growing credit with lots of opportunities.
Benefits
Cons
Politics
Awesome people
Teller (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2017
I enjoy working there. I had fun with my coworkers. It was more like a family there. We work but still had fun. The management is great. They make sure everyone is doing good.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 3, 2017
Has good benefits and a supportive executive group and board members. Working hard to keep on trends in the industry to keep both members and employees happy.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
certain areas have preferential treatment
Productive and professional, driven workplace.
FACILITIES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 7, 2016
Always pushed to best our best and achieve goals previously thought unattainable. Excellent management organization that took time to have fun in order to focus on the job at hand and de-stress.
Great Place to work
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXAugust 17, 2016
excellecent benefits and hours, able to learn a lot, coworkers are very helpful, enjoyed helping the members . Major click in some departments, which make it hard for other workes in that area
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
advancement, clicks
easy going place
Greeter/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXJune 15, 2016
typical day at work
fun, customer service until the end of day
we all came in worked hard and got the chance to play
•what you learned
life's lessons
•management
awesome manager, she would give the shirt off her back
•your co-workers-awesome
•the hardest part of the job-
•the most enjoyable part of the job
enjoying coming to work
Fun and energetic atmosphere!
Human Resources/Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXNovember 12, 2015
The management team is awesome and always supportive. It is a great company with great benefits. The most enjoyable part about my job is helping the employees. Since I work in Human Resources there is always an issue that needs resolving; being one of the persons that can help always makes my job worth it.
Pros
Culture, work life balance
Cons
none.
Love working with people,working hard and being successful motivates me
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXOctober 26, 2015
A career in Banking for 35+ years.I truly enjoyed my place in a banking center,meeting and exceeding my customers expectations daily. Great attendance and dependable,committed and focused on providing guidance as I coached and developed my team. Teamwork and positive attutude is my mantra. I bring with me
revelent experience to any banking center wishing to believe in me and will use my full potential to help your company grow and prosper, I am highly motivated to be successful for your company.
Pros
People oriented and a great communicator.
Cons
Not always enough time in my day
Review
Financial Service Representative Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2015
Shell offers a great work environment where management does not get into every facet of your day, but they do not offer any kind of advancement opportunities because of the lack of time that management spends with you. Management also doesn't care about you as a person, only what you can do for them.
Pros
No micro management
Cons
lack of growth, lack of truly caring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Shell Federal Credit Union Reviews by Location