Shell Employee Reviews

Found 2,864 reviews matching the search See all 5,830 reviews
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Liberty, INJanuary 21, 2019
the shell team is amazing and super friendly, the customers are really nice and patient as well, over all a super place to work hands down one of the best places I have worked
Large Corporation
Geologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2019
Shell is a "Business Culture driven company" and not bottom line driven. It is no longer an oil and gas/energy company. Subpar European vision drives physical and intellectual processes globally.

Great salary and benefits, though.
Great company enjoyed my experience!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2019
Good company and very good at taking care of their people. Leadership pretty strong, nice flexibility and solid compensation with full benefits package.
Pros
Good company, leadership and a lot of opportunities.
Cons
Not very flexible with working from home, even with a lot of global travel
A fun place to work,All Employees get along,Loyal friendly Customers,Understanding Manager
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJanuary 19, 2019
This is a under paid job but it makes up for that because it's a fun place to work with a Understanding Manager,Caring Co workers,Loyal Customers, Very flexible,And Easy Going
Pros
Flexible, Fun, Stress Free..
Cons
Low Pay Rates, Unable To Grow
Friendly work place
Gas Station Clerk (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILJanuary 18, 2019
It's private own place I work for the people I work for are extremely nice to me and every customer that comes in their gas station. The pay might not be what I like but it helps as I can come an work my own schedule.
Pros
They don't mind if u have a snack or drink as long as it's reasonable
Cons
No benefits because it's part time so I work whenever I need extra money or if they need my help
Great company, poor management on some levels
Business Integrity Department Investigator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2019
Good pay benefits, working with great people. Management is self centered and careerist. Has a code of conduct applied inconsistently and that allows senior managers to affect outcomes differently depending on the individual.
I got paid very well
Human Resource Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CAJanuary 16, 2019
• Setup computer aided Training that Microsoft Word and PowerPoint embedded into them.
• Prepared Organized periodic reports for upper management generated to Excel. Data Entry.
• Fielded & resolved issues by phone Chat in person for 700 employees on Computer Aided Training.
• Active Learner application managed revised Federal State local regulations for each role specific content. Which upon request either attached or detached these Roles to Job Titles of each employee.
Utilized M S Word Excel PowerPoint & videos that was supported by Access Database that generated reports to upper management and staff thru broadcast communication and presented in dept. meetings.
Setup all technical resources laptops storage devices cameras projectors network access.
• Lead extensive contingency plan that simplified and attached all job Roles In Active Learner to reduced number of Job titles then later attached to fewer workers in anticipation of a strike as union negotiations were imminent. Highly professional and able to use good judgment and maintain a high level of confidentiality and sensitivity
Pros
Pay & hours are great
Cons
Need more diversity in management & office positions
I loved my job at Shell.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALJanuary 15, 2019
The Shell station was honestly my favorite job. I loved working there. I just had some issues and I couldn't work there any longer. If there was a shell station close, I would probably go back but they don't have the hours I need.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
short breaks
alright
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, ORJanuary 15, 2019
was not the best environment. very slow-paced, unreliable co-workers and management, continuous false promises, very dramatic spread of rumors. unfriendly.
Great Place
Client- Ernst & Young/IT Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2019
• SOX testing – Walkthrough documentation, Design Effectiveness and Operational Effectiveness for Financial Systems (IGINS/FIRST) Business and IT General Controls and Treasury E-banking controls and self- assessment testing for operational effectiveness.
• Work closely with internal & external auditors in provide/seek remediation of failed controls.
• Performed remediation testing on internal controls - Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404 Compliance
• Senior Information Technology IT Testing Lead Audit/Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Compliance (SAP ERP)
Pros
Awesome
Cons
Good company to work for
Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2019
Good people and excellent manager. I started as a developer and got promoted to Scrum Master and Agile Coach. My manager is great at selecting and retaining talented people in the teams.
Producti9
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Antioch, CAJanuary 10, 2019
Working at shell can be stressful because of some customers attitude and sometimes you have disagreements with some of the coworkers or don't like how the managers manage the store
Pros
Meet nee people
Cons
Rude customers
Slow paced relaxed environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sauk Rapids, MNJanuary 9, 2019
A typical work day was ringing up customers and doing pull tabs. Light cleaning around the store and doing coffee and the donuts and muffins at the end of the day. Taking out the garbage and cleaning the bathroom.
Pros
Slow Paced
Cons
You work alone most the time
Productive and Fun
Gas Station Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pollock Pines, CAJanuary 9, 2019
Was fairly happy with the quality of Shell staff. There were no incentives. Graveyard was very slow and money acceptance was on the smaller side, no large bills.
Pros
Great Community
good place for your career
Associated Researcher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2019
Conducted R/D lab scale operations dealing with high psi & high temp reservoir samples - PVT, EOR, Core analysis, materials corrosion

Enjoyed working with various Phd engineers to deliver objectives to internal or external customers.

My leadership was always encouraging of improvement for the team and our personal growth.

The only aspect of the job that I didn't approve was the moving to overseas operations.
Pros
work / life balance, compensation, diversity
Cons
sending operations overseas
最底的工资
收银员 (Former Employee) –  Alameda County, CAJanuary 8, 2019
没有福利最底的工资,不用一直站着收银,工作量不大,但没什么前途,工作时只有你一个人来负责全部的工作,但却只能拿到最低的工资
Pros
不用一直站着收银
Cons
最底的工资
The worst place you can ever work.
COOK/SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  New Hope, AlJanuary 7, 2019
Shell in New Hope is full of racism. The managers are absolutely lazy and do not care about their employees. I was not given hours like all the other employees. It was favoritism shown in the work place. I received less hours than everyone else every week. It's such a sad and very displeasing place to work.
Pros
N/a
Cons
No breaks, no flexibility personally, and no discounts
Jacksons Oil (Shell Gas)
Assistant Manager / Staff Attendant (Former Employee) –  Troutdale, ORJanuary 7, 2019
This was a great company to work for while I went to school they were willing to work with me and give me the shift I needed to get going in school. They have great benefits and an awesome training program.
Nice place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  UsJanuary 6, 2019
It was a very friendly place to work,people were nice,and customers were great we had a good crew and wud remind it to others...manager was good to work for...office was our main problem...
Pros
Good customers and employees
Cons
No breaks, high insurance
decent work environment
Cashier Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAJanuary 5, 2019
a typical day at work stocking shelves rotating stock running a register cleaning and replacing trash bags counting the drawer. Co-workers are very friendly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K
41.8K
31.1K

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight