Shell logo
Happiness rating is 72 out of 100Above average

Shell Employee Reviews

Shell insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Found 3,826 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,438 reviews

Great Place to work

Featured review

Shell selected this as a representative review
I had a great time working at Shell and had a wonderful work life balance. I had the opportunity to travel to europe and south america for work and had the opportunity to work from home frequently. I also had every other friday off.

Nice

Working here is great I loved it so much wish I could stay but I’m moving maybe down the road I can go back since there no place like this at my old place great people great pay I love it

Boring and tedius

Easy job, met some interesting customers, pay was decent work is not what they make it to be. A lot of standing must be in shape or you'll destroy your back.

Pros

Cool co workers

Cons

Hours of work

Good training program for production technician

Training program is good. However it still up to your trainer to allow you to progress. You'd have to follow your trainers pace. Plant area is generally very old, not very well rejuvenated or ergonomic.

Pros

Transport pick up

Cons

Location.

(1) Productive. (2)Camaraderie among the staff

The use of technology. I got introduced to working remotely for a department that was overseas. The reporting precision was second to none. Learning the mechanics was not easy but I prevailed. My local counterpart was difficult to work with. That taught me coping skills.I would work with Shell again if given the chance. Preferably in another country!

Pros

Generous perks, LUNCH. Supper allowance, decent pay

Cons

Unhealthy favoritism displayed by managers; unwholesome relationships

This place has a nice atmosphere that no other place could compete with.

Nice place to work especially if you are a you tenn looking for a job for somequick cash. The hours aren't too long and they are super flexable with their hours.

It feels like limbo, never knowing what's coming next.

I loved the customers and employees but management has no accountability. Management refuses to provide any reassurance for advancement or further compensation.

Pros

Meeting interesting people everyday!

Cons

No job security.

appreciate diversity

Good management and a friendly environment. I love the hours that are very flexible. Boss is really nice and shows compassion, personally and professionally.

Pros

flexibilities

Cons

over work, less-pay

Paralegal and Data Room Manager

I enjoyed my time at Shell. Everyone was very helpful and easy to talk with. The position I was hired for was upgraded to the above listed position. I had a very positive time with Shell.

Pros

Excellent Work Atmosphere

Cons

Can't think of any

Competitive and Ageism

I was a contractor and never was considered for a permanent post even though I was a hard worker and dedicated. There tends to be a preference for younger cheap labor rather than older experience.

Pros

Pretty office building in downtown

Cons

Revolving door policy for contractors

Jobs at Shell

See more jobs

Terrible company

Terrible company.. very disorganized .. management is not good .. took a week to even get uniform.never got put into system and have yet to get paid..just awful

Excellent top tier company and leadership. Culture of diversity and inclusivity.

Excellent top tier company. The career opportunities are limitless. Focused on delivering global energy with while being carbon neutral. If you want to be fulfilled and part of an excellent team join Shell.

Pros

Top tier leadership

Great place

Love it. I’ve learned so many different valuable assets and met amazing people. The pay is very good for what we do. I’m very fortunate to work here I love my coworkers.

Pros

Family oriented

Cons

I have worked here for awhile and the management is horrible

I would not recommend working here they are rude to there employees they over work u with no days off no paid sick leave and no requested days off the area is horrible constantly getting robbed and u are not able to protect ur self no matter the cost

Pros

No pros

Cons

No breaks u must work through everything

Finally

Great place to work. Flexible schedule paid time off. Overtime availability. Great customers you see daily basis. Enjoy working here with the coworkers I worked with.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Short breaks

Opportunity to continuously learn and be challenged.

An incredible workplace with strong leadership, ability to advance in and out of role. Clear path to future career growth. Intense focus on diversity, workplace equity, and passion for growth.

As A Career Company, Fantastic

I joined Shell when it was a career company and they invested heavily in you and gave you many benefits as incentive to stay. As a result, my experience was very positive. However, for newer employees things are not the same, but they are still very good if you work hard and have a good attitude. Pay can be extremely good depending on what part of the business you join. The majority of my managers were excellent and looked out for their staff. I really liked the Shell culture and staff, but you have to be really good at playing politics and CYA when working with leadership.

Pros

Great people to work with, good management, competitive pay, easy to get time off when proven

Cons

Highly competitive - can be difficult to get recognized/promoted, some over-centralized decision-making, high pressure on industry

Good pay and benefits, but regular reorganization and layoff. Too many managers and layers

Salary is good and decent benefits. Too many reorganization and regular layoff. Too many layers of management. Too much spending on projects. Too much uncertainty with constant job change. Politics are high

Pros

Insurance benefits, 401 K

Cons

Job security and politics

I worked for the Patels for 9 years they are great people. The family is honest and very hard working. They treated me with the most respect and where like part of my family. Hope they are doing good.

Pros

Friendly customers

Cons

Everything was good

Not a good job

Not a good job no room to grow pay sicks manager over worked no braks on night shift its not a good company to work for they lie to you to get you to work for them

Love working at Shell

As with any oil and gas the uncertainty of job security is high. You are given opportunities to move up however the culture can be filled with cliques that can block your advancement. If you fall outside that clique you may have to work harder and prove yourself worthy of advancement. I wouldn't change anything about my time working at Shell. I loved it!

Pros

Time life balance. Pay scale is high.

Cons

Always reorging and the uncertainty of your job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3K
2.6K
1.5K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight