Shell Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 531 reviews matching the search See all 5,257 reviews
It could get ugly at times
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oglesby, ILAugust 15, 2018
Like most jobs, it is an easy job once you're used to it. It tends to get boring, however. It's also located next to the interstate so the bathrooms get really gross very quickly.
Pros
tons of time on your hands if you're working the 3rd shift
Cons
no break, men off the interstate left gross things in the bathroom every week
I enjoyed working at shell it gave me a chance to meet so many great people.
Cashiers (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLAugust 14, 2018
A typical work day included coming in clocking in and counting my register making sure cigarettes and other tobacco products are stocked making sure the cooler were properly stocked keeping floors clean and other things such as chips and other snacks stocked as well.
Pros
Breaks whenever i wanted friendly Magament and customers.
Cons
Other workers unwillimg to work.
Great Job is you are willing to accommodate to manager schedule
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Soledad, CAAugust 12, 2018
This company is awesome great opportunities for those who really want to achieve more. The locations should each have a Human Resources person assigned because of the roles of the manager does not accommodate the workers.
Fun and productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Munford, TNAugust 10, 2018
Good place to work, laid back, the people to, I had a charge account so that help out untill payday, you meet alot cool people on 3rs shift. The hours werev good, the pay was good, my mangers were nice
Pros
Having a charge account
Cons
Crazy hours being called in at any time
Wasnt a great place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Bend, WIAugust 10, 2018
Owners didn't care for employees. It was hard to get more hours. And there was no room for advancing. And no personal skills when it came to interacting with employees.
Pros
Cons
They didnt care about much.
its a job
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXAugust 1, 2018
This job would be great for students. The hours vary based on busy days. Its def not a job to make a living but will help pay a few things or just get you by.
A typical day at work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  3409 wall st midland tx 79701July 31, 2018
I enjoyed my job at fast stop/shell, I think there were alot of issuses that needed to be addressed, but all in all it was ok the best part of it was the regular customers i had they loved me and were sad to see me go.
very fast pace working enviornment
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 25, 2018
If you do your job right there is a lot of work that has to be done, and there is only you to do it. so it can get a little bit busy at times and even frustrating. But, myself, I love the fast pace work. It made the time go by fast and I felt like I was productive. the owners of the shell I work at, are like family. they care about their employees and that makes it all the better.
Pros
we are all like family there.
Cons
no discounts
Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJuly 22, 2018
That's the most scariest place ive ever worked at.I felt real unconfortable,we couldnt carry any weapon for our saftey.You never no if you gonna make it home because so many people in and out and at a certain time you there alone.The crasy thing they dont pay you enough to put your life on the line like that.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Poor pay
Cashier
Night Shift/Day Shift Cashier (Current Employee) –  Daphne, ALJuly 22, 2018
I gave directions to many travelers and loved making relationships with our patrons. This job is a very demanding job in that, you are constantly moving and always have something to do with heavy lifting included.
Long days
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJuly 19, 2018
Job was spent restocking organizing no proper training was done. I only worked weekends. My time spent here was relaxing on most days but quick paced at times there are no designated breaks
Cons
No time for bathroom breaks customer can walk in at any point
This place sucks STAY AWAY
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 18, 2018
I worked st shell for abour 2 months and in August 2016, my daughter was diagnosed with cancer. Called my manager let him know what’s going on, and I can provide drs note and whatever he needed, he still has the audacity to ask if I can come in for my next shift left him a vm told him I needed to talk bout the situation, nope no return call. All he cared about if I can come in and work. This place is a joke, joke on wheels. They need better management
Pros
Cons
Not compassionate rude disrespectful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marcellus, MIJuly 17, 2018
I was a stocker at first then moved up to cashier. The people I worked with are nice people the town was nice people also . I didn't mind the job at all was just time to move on.
Fast paste
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niles, MIJuly 16, 2018
I liked working with the public and staying busy and my coworkers were very easy to work with. There was always so.ething to do I don't like standing around I liked to stay busy.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 15, 2018
Some what enjoyable, sometime I couldn't wait to leave to go home. Counting the cigarettes was the hardest, learned nothing. Different kind of workplace.
fast past productive fun envirroment
3rd shift CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Alamitos, CAJuly 13, 2018
great place to work at if looking only for a busy fun part time environment, you get to see new faces every day and good practice for customer service
Pros
discounts
Cons
low hours
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Plattsmouth, NEJuly 12, 2018
Some days are slower than others. I have learned how to deal with customers that may not always get what they want. I love my boss, he is the most outgoing person and he is always very understanding. We have a great work culture, everyone is so nice and upbeat. I would say the most difficult part of the job is when we get super busy and it is hard to pass on information about bait to the other staff members. The most enjoyable part of my job is definetely getting to know your customers.
Pros
Free popcorn and fountain drinks
Cons
n/a
Poor Management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sayler Park, OHJuly 10, 2018
Poor management, Great coworkers, Poor scheduling tactics, Poor security management. Would be a great work environment if it had better upper management.
Cashier/cook
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sunnyside, WAJuly 10, 2018
a typical day would start by making breakfast and followed by lunch then dinner. You have to be able to multi-task between helping a customer at your til, keeping up with your deli food as well as helping the truckers who came in. The hardest part of the job was being able to focus on your work while at the same time focusing on the customer and being able to build a relationship with them.
Overall this was a good store to work at.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Desert Hot Springs, CAJuly 4, 2018
There was always plenty to do from cleaning to stocking to preparing food, but there was usually plenty of time to get everything done without undo pressure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K
41.6K

Diversity score

64out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Shell.

Powered by Comparably