Shell Employee Review

Friendly work environment but management not very transparent
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 22, 2014
I wasn't pressurized much in terms of work load and was satisfied with payment. However, previous management promised me a more desirable work schedule but it did not deliver accordingly.

Other Shell Employee Reviews

Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mattawan, MIApril 21, 2018
I enjoyed meeting new people and learning more skills that will be useful to take with me on my next job. The management was very kind, courteous and helpful while I was training. I learned how to do register paperwork manually and how to read the tapes and project the sales for the day. I also learned how to do the Lottery section as well as counting cigarettes and recording end of the day sales. I also learned how to operate the computer for the gas pumps. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning new things and doing the small chores for the night before the next shift came in. The hardest part of my job was trying to understand the Lottery as it was my first experience with the machine.
Pros
Hours are promising
Cons
No lunches. You get 3 - 10 minute breaks every 2 hours.
I thought you said you like us.
Product/Yield Analyst (Current Employee) –  Norco, LAApril 20, 2018
There were times when you could give your all and have a great day and the next day it wasn't enough. The company would tell you that you are doing a wonderful job, best in class but then penalize you. it became a culture of uncertainty.
Pros
Local environment is great
Cons
Global environment is detached.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shell. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.1K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

64out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Shell.