Play YouTube video button

Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing Employee Reviews

Featured review
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing selected this as a representative review
Great place for new grads
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 29, 2018
I was a new grad and I didn't have much experience, but Shellpoint gave me a chance. They welcomed me in, offered great training, and made me feel like an important member of the team. This company is growing quickly (with no sign of slowing down), so now is the perfect time to jump on and become a part of this awesome team. Great location, fun company culture, approachable management, and growth opportunities galore!
Pros
Free lunches, good pay, PTO/lots of holiday time, and more
Cons
Communication is difficult at times but I have seen this get better with honesty and persistence
Shellpoint
Performing Loan Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2019
The work environment could be better. Mandatory overtime can be exhausting, especially when the lunch hour is taken away. The customer service department gets the bottom of the stick, and should have a better pay rate.
You Are Overworked Then Fired
Customer service inbound and outbound calls (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 3, 2019
Caucasions have better and more options. Most all black people are pooled to the sixth floor in the department where you get the most abuse by phone and by immature management. You have mandatory overtime and when it starts to take its toll, you try and get some time off but none of it is approved.
July 9, 2019

Thank you for your review. You obviously have serious concerns about work/life balance and management. It's difficult for us to respond appropriately to anonymous reviews, so we encourage you to take advantage of our open-door policy and share your thoughts with your supervisor. But if you don't feel that's an option, please talk with one of your supervisor's senior managers, or with someone in HR. We're working to build a corporate culture that values everyone; and we need everyone's input—including yours—to grow and advance.

Very poor management / Great pay
Performing loan consultant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 1, 2019
I started Shellpoint 2014 the company was called Resurgent it was a smaller company with a great work environment. Through the years the company was sold many times. I parted ways in January 2019 due to the change in management style and how they treated their employees. I understand that all companies go though changes but it shouldn't affect the way they treat their employees with such a lack of respect.
personal mission
Portfolio Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2019
Dont work at Shellpoint cause you need a job work there to achieve your goals. There some managers there that know there stuff you can lean if they choose teach. Yes I said if cause there a lot of people there that just work to punch a clock and don't do nothing but kiss but. Dont be a kiss up you may get sh%t on at Shellpoint. Which is bound to happen if you work there someone going to blame you or your department for there mistakes.
June 17, 2019

We genuinely appreciate your feedback. We’re striving to build a culture of excellence, openness, and personal accountability; and we’re always looking for talented and hardworking individuals. If you have friends or family whom you think might be a good fit here at Shellpoint, please direct them the “Careers” section of our website: http://shellpointmtg.applicantstack.com/x/openings

Great Training and Constant Room for Growth
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 13, 2019
I have been employed with Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing for one month. The training process is great. The company takes the time to make sure that you are accurately trained before "throwing you to the wolves". The staff is extremely friendly and everyone is helpful. From the moment that I walked into the door, I was notified about advancement opportunities. The company is growing on a constant basis and would rather upgrade from within. There are individuals that have received two promotions in one year. There is an hourly pay as well as a monthly bonus. For the first 90 days there is guaranteed bonus of $1000, to allow you time to get comfortable on the phones. There is constant training. Anytime that a "side by side" is needed, you are able to have one. There is an onsite fitness center, a "Mother Room" for breastfeeding mothers, a relaxation room, WEEKLY massages, the list goes on!!! If you are looking for a fun, laid back, understanding company to work for...THIS IS IT!!
May 21, 2019

Great place to grow!
Foreclosure Litigation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 9, 2019
This is a great company with ample opportunities for growth. I was promoted twice in 2018. There are so many positives and perks I can’t name them all. Here’s a few: stability, good environment, challenging but rewarding work. Great place to plant roots and grow! I love my team and my department. Coming to work is fun! I hate to miss a day.
Pros
Great atmosphere, lots of opportunities
Cons
Growing pains - lots of work!
Shellpoint
SMS Servicing Operations (Current Employee) –  SC, Greenville - SMSApril 1, 2019
Great company to work for. Good flexibility balancing home and work. The management team takes time and will listen to the employees. There is a lot to learn, but there is a lot of training.
MY company
REO Asset Manager I (Current Employee) –  SC, Greenville - SMSApril 1, 2019
I love working for Shellpoint. Everyone is available and easy to talk to. My boss is awesome! I never have that "I don't want to go in this place" feeling.
Rapidly Growing
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  SC, Greenville - SMSApril 1, 2019
Shellpoint is a company that is rapidly growing. There are always pros and cons to rapid growth, but the company is dedicated to becoming a premier servicer and it is displayed in the work environment.
Love working for Shellpoint!
REO Asset Manager I (Current Employee) –  SC, Greenville - SMSApril 1, 2019
I've worked for Shellpoint for nearly 3 years, and love it. The workplace culture professional but not stuffy...very friendly, and I feel valued as an employee and as a person here.
REO Asset Manager I
REO Asset Manager I (Current Employee) –  SC, Greenville - SMSApril 1, 2019
Very friendly and safe work environment. Not glued to your desk all day long, given freedom to take all breaks without restrictions. Management very understanding, but with the high expectations you would expect from a fast growing company. Company has tripled in size in my two years here, but the culture remains the same. I came in with zero knowledge of my job duties, but now feel very comfortable with my knowledge and ability to make decisions. Very happy with Shellpoint.
Great work enviroment
Property Preservation Specialist (Current Employee) –  SC, Greenville - SMSApril 1, 2019
You are treated as an adult with little micro managing. Work environment is good. The onsite nurse is great as well as the onsite masseuse. The company is growing and shows they appreciate you.
Challenging!
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing is fast paced, rapidly growing company. The work is challenging and abundant and I work with some amazing people every day!
Growing Company
Supervising Analyst (Current Employee) –  SC, Greenville - SMSApril 1, 2019
Shellpoint is a growing company, which comes with positives and negatives. In many ways the company functions as smaller company which allows for agility and quickly changing objectives. This is a blessing and a curse. Overall, a good place to work.
Growing Company with Great Culture
Senior Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  SC, Greenville - SMSApril 1, 2019
Shellpoint is a fast-paced environment with great leadership. The work is important and must be taken seriously, but management still maintains a culture that emphasizes connection with your team and personal goals/direction.
Analyst review
Analyst III (Current Employee) –  SC, Greenville - SMSApril 1, 2019
If you are looking for a job that will provide you plenty of opportunity to showcase your skills and abilities. This is the one. There is plenty of work to do due to the companies unique position in the market place and leveraging of data and technology. Each day presents a new and unique challenge that will test you but also be fulfilling once complete. I've bettered my skills in relation to my job in just the two years I've been here and there's still new things I learn every day. I feel like my supervisor and manager have my back and are willing to take my thoughts under consideration. I'd say the hardest part of the job would be ensuring I have the time management skills to get done what needs to be done, but the most rewarding is knowing the people I've helped with my work truly appreciate it.
Shellpoint Review
SMS Portfolio Management (Current Employee) –  SC, Greenville - SMSApril 1, 2019
Shellpoint acknowledges hard work and rewards it. Throughout my time at Shellpoint I have always felt valued and that the work I does matters. As a growing company, there is always plenty of work to go around and at times it can be stressful. But with the hard work comes great reward, and I definitely feel my hard work has been rewarded.
Great Place to Work
Analyst II (Current Employee) –  SC, Greenville - SMSApril 1, 2019
Great work atmosphere; I love coming to work every day. My peers and managers have been helpful, patient, and encouraging as I get adjusted to the new position. I'm excited to work here for a long time, as I sense opportunity for personal growth and continuous learning.
Working at Shellpoint
Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  SC, Greenville - SMSApril 1, 2019
If your typical day or expectation of coming to work is to do nothing, Shellpoint is certainly not for you. The company has seen massive growth in the last 2 years and as such it’s an all hands on deck environment. I think what I like most about the company is everyone really is working together for the most part to achieve the company and homeowner goals. The corporate culture is the best I’ve ever had at a company, management is always visible and most truly care about their team.
Building a career at SMS
Shellpoint offers great opportunity to build your career. The company culture fosters a balance of professional rigor and personal flexibility. Management recognizes the skill sets and provides opportunities to grow into an employee's personal development goals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing. Our community is ready to answer.

Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing Reviews by Location