Play YouTube video button

Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing Employee Reviews

Featured review
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing selected this as a representative review
Great place for new grads
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 29, 2018
I was a new grad and I didn't have much experience, but Shellpoint gave me a chance. They welcomed me in, offered great training, and made me feel like an important member of the team. This company is growing quickly (with no sign of slowing down), so now is the perfect time to jump on and become a part of this awesome team. Great location, fun company culture, approachable management, and growth opportunities galore!
Pros
Free lunches, good pay, PTO/lots of holiday time, and more
Cons
Communication is difficult at times but I have seen this get better with honesty and persistence
Great place to wokr
Loss Mitigation Specialist I (Current Employee) –  SC, Greenville - SMSApril 1, 2019
I am very grateful for the group of people I work with it makes my job easier. I enjoy coming in to work and doing different challenging tasks. Environment is work friendly but most important your valued as a team member
Shellpoint Growth
Manager - Loss Mitigation (Current Employee) –  SC, Greenville - SMSApril 1, 2019
This is a growing company where you will be challenged everyday and work hard every day. If you don't like those 2 things, then you may not be a good fit for the culture. Management is fair, but expectations are high of associates to drive performance and successful growth of the company.

The company does a good bit of community outreach opportunities and because they are growing there are many advancement opportunities for those that are smart and work hard. Growing pains do exist as any growing company would have, but I believe they are on forward thinking enough to continue expansion in the mortgage servicing field.

Insurance benefits are not great.
Opportunity to Grow
Loss Prevention Manager (Current Employee) –  SC, Greenville - SMSApril 1, 2019
SMS is a fairly young company thats grown at a rapid pace. With growth comes opportunities. If you're someone who's hardworking, takes ownership and doesn't mind going the extra mile, SMS is the place is for you.
Loss Mit agent
Very professional place to work. Loss Mitigation department treats you like an adult and you control your money. You are required to work 1 late night a week which can sometimes be challenging if you have young kids.
Loss Mitigation
Workplace Culture is awesome! Compensation is fair. Not enough time allowed off as you are required to work on Holidays that other departments within the company are closed for. Really wish we had the option to purchase additional time off off.
Supervisor - Loss Mitigation (Current Employee) –  SC, Greenville - SMSApril 1, 2019
Great place to work. With steady growth, and tripling our portfolio in less than 3 years, there are consistently new opportunities for advancement. You will learn new things every day!
Boundless Opportunity for Growth!!
Team Lead - Loss Mitigation (Current Employee) –  SC, Greenville - SMSApril 1, 2019
I started in Customer Service over three years ago and I am now in the Loss Mitigation department. I didn't know exactly where I wanted to go, but knew that I wanted to grow. I am thankful for the abundance opportunities and options within the company, I would say that is my favorite thing about Shellpoint. With a great work ethic and attitude the sky is the limit in this company. From our CEO's to supervisors and everyone in between there is a dynamic support system and listening ears, open to new ideas and ways to streamline or enhance current processes. The work environment is one that I would not trade, you know that you matter and that your work is appreciated. Shellpoint is not just a company, it's a family
Loss Mitigation
This is a great place to work with opportunity for advancement and good pay, good benefits and a long term commitment from management to help their employees grow.
I need a job but alway looking
A typical day at work when you arrive on time sign onto work station and be prepared to take calls. Remember to have empathy and be professional. If you are lucky your manager / supervisor is pleasant and will say good morning. The workplace culture is cut throat. Some team members don't like you and they get their friends to help with bullying and harassing others. This sometimes includes managers and supervisors who continuously harass you with every little thing. Upper management is a joke. The hardest part of the job is the environment no work life balance. In addition, to daily system crashes that affect your daily goals and bonuses and makes it a unproductive day or stayer later to achieve your goals. The best part of the job pay is fair.
Official response from Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing
May 21, 2019

Thank you for your review. You obviously have serious concerns about co-workers, management, and work-life balance. It’s difficult for us to respond appropriately to anonymous reviews, so we encourage you to take advantage of our “open-door” policy and share your thoughts with your supervisor. But if you don’t feel that is a viable option, please talk with one of your supervisor’s senior managers, or with someone in Human Resources (HR@shellpointmtg.com). We’re working to build a corporate culture that values everyone; and we need everyone’s input—including yours—to grow and advance.

Awesome Place To Work
Escalations Specialist (Current Employee) –  SC, Greenville - SMSApril 1, 2019
Great Company. Great Management. Amazing perks. Amazing Pay. The company has grown incredibly fast and has an amazing team that's behind them. Everyone is on a we are on the same team lets work together mind set.
My view
Universal Team Specialist (Current Employee) –  SC, Greenville - SMSApril 1, 2019
great place to work. friendly co-workers and management. no complaints. a lot of the day depending on your department is very relaxed and its a very low stress job for most of the day
Shellpoint
SMS Loan Servicing (Current Employee) –  SC, Greenville - SMSApril 1, 2019
This is a great company to work for. They are very understanding and professional. I have learned a lot in working here for three years. In those three years I became a supervisor after being employed for two years, there are opportunities for growth here at Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing. A typical day at SMS can be a bit busy but that is anywhere. This job is like family here and you grow to know others and they have a great way of acknowledging those that standout and those that are achieving.
Current Shellpoint Employee
Loan Servicing Specialist (Current Employee) –  SC, Greenville - SMSApril 1, 2019
Good work/life balance working with this company. Could make use of more technological resources. Many positions available. Some positions have excellent bonus pay.
Employee
Escalations Specialist (Current Employee) –  SC, Greenville - SMSApril 1, 2019
I started out in customer service & have had the opportunity to advance to a different position with better pay. My manage is great! Easy to work with. Shellpoint seems like it is truly interested in making it a great place to work.
Workplace Culture
I think what I like most about the Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing SMS, is the workplace culture. The workplace is very diverse. My team which is Loan Servicing has a great bond and demonstrate teamwork on a daily basis. Also, from my team leader on up the ladder (upper management) has demonstrate great leadership skills that makes working here AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I Love Working at SMS
working for shellpoint
Universal Specialist (Current Employee) –  TX, Houston - SMSApril 1, 2019
I enjoy working with shellpoint mortgage servicing. Best part of the job would be the benfits and pay. The challenging part is work through lunches sometimes day at a time can be a bit stressfull.
fast growing company
This company is growing in a major way right now so it is a great time to get in on the action. there are some improvement I would like to see but overall this is a great place to work.
Workplace culture
Shellpoint does look out for their employees. I appreciate that Shellpoint does try to keep a high morale for the employees. I have only been here almost 2 months and so far I happy with my employment here at Shellpoint.
Happy I'm Here!
Curator (Current Employee) –  SC, Greenville - SMSApril 1, 2019
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing is making strides to be one of the top performing non-banking mortgage servicing companies in the nation. SMS continues to add knowledgeable people to compete in the mortgage servicing industry. The culture is so welcoming! I did not feel out of place when I started here. Management is personable and easy to work with.
Supervisor
Supervisor - Document Curative (Current Employee) –  SC, Greenville - SMSApril 1, 2019
Great place to work. Lots of room for advancement. Awesome work life balance. Overall culture is positive. Great pay and benefits package. Lots of employee recognition.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing. Our community is ready to answer.

Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing Reviews by Location